• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How Many Cigars

Goalee1

do you need? that was the question my wife asked me last night while we were having a casual conversation. It was funny because I really couldn't come up with a legitimate answer to the question. Of course I could say something like as many as I can store etc etc but this was my wife so not an acceptable answer :thumbs:

So I started thinking. How many cigars do you guys have to how many you smoke daily/weekly. I know everyone who's here is a collector to some degree so again, how many lifetimes worth of cigars do you have and are you still adding to the stock? I personally know I"ll never smoke a quarter of the cigars I have even if I were to stop buying today. G1

I want enough so that when I retire, I'll never HAVE to buy another cigar :D

I asked my fiancee what she bought at the store the other day...and how many of them.

She said pants, 2 of them.

Then she asked me how many cigars I bought this week.

I took the dog out for a walk!

Once you've smoked some 'gars with 2-3 years of down time on them, you'll want enough smokes in the cabinet so that you eventually have the luxury of smoking nothing but aged cigars. You then backfill your stock so that a stream of constantly aged cigars can be had.

Yes, that takes some storage capacity..... :whistling:

Regards - B.B.S.

Last November I had 15 cigars. This January I had 30. March 60. April 150. Now just over 300. Among my humidors, I'm guessing I can store close to 800 cigars, and I'll probably reach that by next year.

The plan is to get them pretty much full and then just keep my purchases limited to a homeostasis of cigars purchased = cigars consumed. I smoke anywhere from 5-15 cigars per week and give away another 2-5 or so per week.

Or plan B is to fill up the Humis I have now with cigar and then buy bigger humi (s) and fill those up too, then build a walk-in humi and fill that up, and then finally just seal up my house, keep it at 65% RH and have cigars lying absolutely everywhere.

Brown

..........Or plan B is to fill up the Humis I have now with cigar and then buy bigger humi (s) and fill those up too, then build a walk-in humi and fill that up, and then finally just seal up my house, keep it at 65% RH and have cigars lying absolutely everywhere.

Brown

I like it! I never actually considered a whole house option before. They have humidifiers for the furnace and the trick would be running them in the summer with the AC. The basement used to work great, but now we have a walk out and it is not as good of a cave, in the old basement during most of the year there was no need to put water in the humi's.

You can, in my estimation never have enough cigars. When the mood strikes, you should be able to satisfy that craving, so how can you accumulate enough to make sure every craving is satisfied.

Once I hit somewhere around the 2,000 mark I plan to make myself sell or smoke off stock to add more. We'll see how that works out.

I have as many as my wife says I need. Its just a good thing that you can't take them all out of the humi at the same time to count them, its just not good for the cigars ya' know and I'd have to reseason the humi...... :whistling:

I just got a 28 bottle vino temp.
My goal is to fill that sucker to capacity. Have a selection that has been aged to perfection.

Then......damn I guess another vinotemp :whistling:

That's a very good question and one that IMO, cannot be answered honestly.

I have too many cigars! How do I know this? Easy, I have some smokes in my humidor that I have not touched for 3 years. No, not aging, just don't get to smoke them.

I do enjoy standing in front of my humidors deciding what to smoke, I guess that's one benefit of having a large collection. I also enjoy the variety of cigars.

Honestly, I tend to keep going back to the same cigars, time and time again which means that if I only kept my go to smokes, the one's I really like, I could reduce my stash substantially.

Brian

I do enjoy standing in front of my humidors deciding what to smoke, I guess that's one benefit of having a large collection. I also enjoy the variety of cigars.

Brian, I swear I need to just go and buy you one of these:

Nerf_Maverick.jpg

Stand in your downstairs den, and aim at your glass doors. Where the suction-cup dart hits, is the one you could smoke. Makes it easier, imo! :sign: :laugh:

I just sent a bunch out and I still have enough to last me for several years.

I have no local shop. I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to buy tobacco and have it shipped to me in the not too distant future. I like to keep enough on hand (cigars and pipe tobacco) to last me into old age if it comes to pass that I can longer get it easily. It sure isn't getting any cheaper and it sure isn't getting any easier for me to get, so that's my motivation.

I asked my fiancee what she bought at the store the other day...and how many of them.

She said pants, 2 of them.

Then she asked me how many cigars I bought this week.

I took the dog out for a walk!

This is a GREAT Story.
I dont tell my wife anything about the cigars I buy. I buy them put them in the humi and act surprised when I open it to pick a cigar to smoke.

I"ve personally started to downsize myself. Like Brian, I have some cigars that I haven't touched in 5+ years because I just don't get to them. Of course its nice to age smokes but they've been aging unintentionally.

When Pete was starting out with his stuff, my shop got a few boxes in of the brown line and the guys at the shop just said Tak, try this (it was an unbanded cojonu), and tell me what you think. They really know what I like and yes it was the start of my regular rotation smokes. Lately, thats all I've been smoking, Pete and Dions cigars. I seem to just go right to the shelf where I have them and just choose one depending on how much time I have. Its been a while since I've smoked anything else. I recently tried a La Riqueza and yes they're part of the rotation now. Both their smokes are good basically right out of the box so I find myself replenishing the sticks that I smoke and just keep rotating the older ones to the top and put the newer ones below. I actually haven't been in my Pendergast unit in over 6 months and its pretty much full. My wife knows this and I make my stop at my shop at least once a week so I think thats what brought about the question lol. G1

Brian, I swear I need to just go and buy you one of these:

Nerf_Maverick.jpg

Stand in your downstairs den, and aim at your glass doors. Where the suction-cup dart hits, is the one you could smoke. Makes it easier, imo! :sign: :laugh:
Thanks Jono, I can feel the love :love:

Brian

I've got... 26 cigars sitting in one little desktop humidor. Prices are ridiculous in Australia, and I have only recently discovered a reliable source for cheaper NCs.

Not that I wouldn't enjoy a massive humidor full of boxes that require a Nerf gun to select my next smoke.... I just don't think I could afford it.