• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

how often do you smoke cigars?

When I joined here a year ago, I was averaging 1-2 per week.

Now it's almost 1 per day, probably averaging 4-5 a week. Example this week I smoked one Monday and Tuesday. Didn't want one Wednesday but an old friend was in town to visit and wanted one so we lit a couple up. Didn't have one yesterday, probably won't have one tonight as it's Friday and have plans for excessive drinking after work tonight at a few bars. Will most likely have one Saturday, one Sunday. That's about an average week I guess.

Rarely more than one a day, but occasionally depending on the occasion. At a herf, forget about it.

Not often enough!! :sign:

With the weather here in NY during the winter it's far and few between, but during the summer I'd say 1 a day.

I really envy you guys living in warm weather states.

I average between 1-3 a week (depending on my school and work schedule). If I'm out with friends or at a party I may have a few more. Do I have a physical addiction to cigars? Not at all. Personally, I think needing to have a cigar would take the fun out of it.

Generally 1 a day during these colder months. Once it warms up, 1-2/day during the week and on the weekend... if the bar-b's smoking and the drinks are flowing I can smoke 3-5 on a nice day.

Topic has been covered before......
I did a few searches, all returned blank... with the 20 second timer it also a bit annoying to search more than a few times.

Typically 2 on Saturday while golfing, and 1 on Sunday after I do the yard work and wash the car. Only in the spring and summer. Don't touch them from November to April (just buy them during that time with no purchases in the warmer months).
Hmm, i understand how it would be less enjoyable but completely stopping for winter, that just seems odd :p

I started with 2-3 a week but now: one a day except on days ending in Y and then maybe two but never three unless the sun is out and then it could be four, but I will never do five unless I have a lighter but if I am driving and then it might go to six. :laugh:
made me lol

I had been casually smoking cigars for about 7 years, but only in the last 2 years have I begun to enjoy them regularly. That being said I'm addicted to the ritual of cigar smoking, but I have no physical cravings. I look forward to that 1-1.5 hours of time to decompress alone on the porch.
well said

As often as I damn well please.
even better said :cool:

2-4 a week. I too was a cigarette smoker and that was truly an addiction. Cigars I just love, no physical need to smoke one. Just the love of the relaxing and reflecting on the day.

I smoke a stick every day. Lately my routine has me smoking a minuto in the morning, a robusto around lunch and a double corona or churchill in the evening. Yea I have been indulging lately and it feels splendid.

While I'm in garrison I'm lighting up 2-3 times per week. I've got an Irishman that I share a smoke with every Friday to mark the passing of another week. When I go down range, I'll smoke more because the pace is a bit slower and the Marines & Soldiers I share with love to talk to new faces. The weather has taken a chilly turn over the past couple of weeks here in Kabul and the snow is creeping down the mountains. I think I may have to find some smaller smokes to limit my exposure to the cold. Or maybe I'll just put on a hat and gloves and deal with it.

Never been a cigarette smoker, I see them as dirty.

Like every addict, I can stop anytime I want.

Cheers,

Tony

2 to 3 a week ; I Wish i had enoug for 5 to 6 years getting there dont tell my wife that :whistling: :laugh:

2 to 3 a week ; I Wish i had enoug for 5 to 6 years getting there dont tell my wife that :whistling: :laugh:

LMAO 5-6 years. Hell I only have 5-6 sticks. I guess thats what CP will do to ya after awhile though. I look forward to my time.

I feel like the equivalent of a cigar junkie. I smoke at least 4 cigars a day and sometimes as many as 6 (Disclaimer: I work 7 days a week at a B&M). Even with that frequency of smoking I am used to having cigars all the time but I don't necessarily crave them, it is more like a conditioned response kind of thing.

I smoked cigarettes for 13 years before quitting cold turkey. I took about a year off from smoking altogether and then discovered the wonderful world of cigars. I have just started smoking a pipe occasionally for a bit of variety.

By the way, a quick tip for multiple cigar a day smokers. If you want to refresh your palate easily and quite effectively, drink apple juice between cigars. Since I started doing this I can smoke three full bodied sticks and then smoke something much lighter and am still able to enjoy and taste it.

I promised my wife that I won't smoke more than 5 cigars per week.
As a result, I've been switching from PCs to Robustos to Churchills, and I just had two A's this week :blush:

I used to be a cigarette smoker, but after I got into smoking cigar, it became very unnatural for me to inhale smoke, so I have stop smoking cigarette for some time now.

I think cigar is still addictive to me, but far less compare with cigarettes.

Typically 2 on Saturday while golfing, and 1 on Sunday after I do the yard work and wash the car. Only in the spring and summer. Don't touch them from November to April (just buy them during that time with no purchases in the warmer months).
Hmm, i understand how it would be less enjoyable but completely stopping for winter, that just seems odd :p
Not odd at all.

Have you ever tried to smoke a cigar in below zero weather? It's much worse than "less enjoyable". It sometimes borders on impossible because they split, explode, or just won't stay lit. Besides, once it's less than about 10*-15*F they don't have any flavor anyway.

I guess I'd say I smoke enough to know that I enjoy it and which cigars I enjoy the most. I've gone months without a cigar or smoking a pipe with zero problems so I'm pretty sure I'm not addicted to smoking. I smoked 1 1/2 to 2 packs of unfiltered cigarettes per day for several years. That was an addiction. If I ever feel like that towards cigars or pipes, I'll give it all away and never touch tobacco again.

Too cold out to smoke. As soon as it gets warm out, I will be back to one or two a day.

I feel like the equivalent of a cigar junkie. I smoke at least 4 cigars a day and sometimes as many as 6 (Disclaimer: I work 7 days a week at a B&M). Even with that frequency of smoking I am used to having cigars all the time but I don't necessarily crave them, it is more like a conditioned response kind of thing.

I smoked cigarettes for 13 years before quitting cold turkey. I took about a year off from smoking altogether and then discovered the wonderful world of cigars. I have just started smoking a pipe occasionally for a bit of variety.

By the way, a quick tip for multiple cigar a day smokers. If you want to refresh your palate easily and quite effectively, drink apple juice between cigars. Since I started doing this I can smoke three full bodied sticks and then smoke something much lighter and am still able to enjoy and taste it.

M-F 1 per day minimum, on weekends 1-2 per day. As a former cigarette smoker I can say that I am not addicted, besides addiction is a three legged stool (tolerance, physiologial and psychological), cigars offer only two at best.

Thanks for the tip on Apple Juice, I am going to try that.

4-6 a day.. Addicted... I like to think I can quit whenever I like ( 12 am - 7 am )
or untill my stash runs out lol..