• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to be a contributing member.

You're doing just fine. :thumbs:

When in doubt, just post pics of Alyssa Milano. :love:

It won't get you any points with anyone but me, probably, but hey . . . it's a start.

~Boar

You're doing just fine.
thumbs-up.gif

When in doubt, just post pics of Alyssa Milano.
wub.gif

It won't get you any points with anyone but me, probably, but hey . . . it's a start.

~Boar

uhhhh, no! He'd get some points with me also. Loves me some Alyssa Milano!

Here you go.

That should get you started in the "what not to do" category of being a member on this board. :) Not to mention give you a good bit of reading to do.

I'll submit that posting your honest question in a respectful manner is contributing in itself. Lots of newbs will see it and learn from it. All good. This place is a myriad of knowledge and good times. I'm a newbie tool and learn something every day. Have a good time and just enjoy the camaraderie.

Good job!

Trey

Read more post less is priority #1.

Don't do or say anything here that you wouldn't do or say as a guest in someone's house.

Always tell the truth while engaged in a trade or transaction with any member of the forum.

If you screw up, I should say when, because we all do, communicate, apologize and fix it immediately.

When you derail someone's thread by changing the subject and posting off topic pictures, that is called a train wreck and if you do it in your first year it is considered extremely rude and it takes several years before anyone will think it even remotely funny.

A good way to start off is to participate in the Newbie Sampler Trade.

Newbie Sampler Thread

Read, read and read some more. Try to hook up for a HERF with people in your area. If any of the "big guys" give you advice, learn from it and move forward.

CP is a just like any community. You just moved in so it will take you a while to find your way around. Don't rush it; just be patient and in time you will be contributing. :thumbs:

Don't sprinkle extra sugar on your morning cereal. Instead, purchase a cereal you like the taste of from the beginning. This saves you both money and time.

Don't sprinkle extra sugar on your morning cereal. Instead, purchase a cereal you like the taste of from the beginning. This saves you both money and time.

You could just bypass the cereal as an excuse to eat sugar and just eat a bowl of sugar. After all it is fat free.

On the contributing question, just be yourself and contribute where you can. I still know very little about cigars compared to many people here, but I will post where I have an opinion and where I have some knowledge.

That, sir, would be disastrous for my health. I stick 4 needles in my tummy a day to stop sugar killing me, and that is sugar in small doses at that.

Still, I have always though there is a particularly noble resonance owing to a man eating a bowlful of plain sugar. Something about the stalwart dedication to an extremity of flavour indulgence. If I want to die a noble death, I shall do so with a bowl of sugar and a silver spoon.

Here you go.

That should get you started in the "what not to do" category of being a member on this board. :) Not to mention give you a good bit of reading to do.

*speechless*

I read just about everything Neuromancer. LMAO you don't have to worry about me doing that. Plus the 5 years I spent in the Marines have given me some pretty thick skin. Don't worry about hurting my feelings.

Learn to be humble, if you're not already.

Try to leave things better off than they were whenever you encountered them.

Stick by your word.

Don't fight battles that you aren't already a part of unless you have a really good reason to.

Honesty is the best policy.

I've found that these apply everywhere in life, not just cigar forums.

Learn to be humble, if you're not already.

Try to leave things better off than they were whenever you encountered them.

Stick by your word.

Don't fight battles that you aren't already a part of unless you have a really good reason to.

Honesty is the best policy.

I've found that these apply everywhere in life, not just cigar forums.

Well said!

[snip]...

That is all amazing. This is the BEST forum I have ever been apart of. It is a true brotherhood. But, I feel like the little brother that follows his older brothers around because he thinks they are cool. I want to be a contributing member of this community but, I don't know where to start. I know it all comes with time. I know the longer I am here, the more I read and the more I smoke the better I will be.
...[snip]

Mario

*typo

I don't know Marine, I think you may already get it.

In all seriousness, we take the 'read More, Post Less' saying VERY seriously. So far, you seem to be doing ok
thumbs-up.gif

If you get into any deals, be sure to pay your debts in a timely and sincere manner. Don't get into a heated thread, much less post any one liners or smilies trying to be funny - it'll backfire... and certainly don't be the CAUSE of a heated thread! Ask good questions IF you search for them first (search is your frieeeeeeeend) and don't find the answer. Try to meet other CP'ers in your area for a herf....

And should you take a beating in a thread, take it like a man. Own up to a mistake, don't get argumentative or personal, and lay low. Take your lumps, move on and learn from it.

And have fun!! Loads of GREAT info, and some decent people, here.

If you don't take in anything else from this thread, make sure this is the post you pay attention to the most.

Also, in time, you'll learn that opening one of Gary's links is like a crapshoot! One or two might make your eyes bulge out....and then there's the one you wish you had never clicked on.

And NEVER EVER, NOT EVEN ONCE open one of Gary's links at work. :0 :blush: :love: