• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How was your week?

Week was busy. Wife had to leave this morning for a week away for work, so been trying to get the house together and ready for xmas for what will likely be our last xmas in this house. Got almost all the he decorations up and the tree up and lights on it. The lights are the important part because I cannot do them. Terrible looking if I try.

So now I'll spend the rest of this week prepping the house for a family party on Sunday. Still have a room missing carpet or a wood floor that despite our best try, will not be happening until next year.

Still have to finish xmas shopping but that can't happen until after I get paid. Hoping the recent ot shows on this check. Been waiting for word of ot that may be needed to be worked over the holidays, but nothing as of yet. First time in I don't know how many years I wouldn't have to work over the holiday break we get. Sucks because it's good (and helpful) $$. Guess I should be happy to just chill at home. Enjoy it while i can.

Working this week, today is Friday for me. I work a week on and a week off. I've got to finish Christmas shopping Monday.

Was going great until the washer decided to start hemorrhaging water at about 2300 tonight... Been a fun evening of having the emergency on-call maintenance folks come out to both fix the washer and now clean the carpets in the halls and bedrooms where a sizeable lake had formed. Luckily the wife and I were able to get a lot of it up with the shop-vac and steam cleaner before it really soaked in. Still better ways to be spending our evening, for sure. Then again, I'm sure that the workers out here right now at 0200 had better plans for their evenings, as well (then again, they are getting paid well to be here, no doubt).

Oh well, on the upside, at least we HAVE a house for shit to be going wrong in. Lots of folks here on the island don't even have that... especially this time of year.

That sucks. The closest that i can get to that is that a few days ago, i was woken up to the smell of smoke. Like the smell of wire insulation when it begins to melt or what the hair dryer smells like after my wife uses it. Anyway, I'm going through the house looking for the source of this smell. No smoke detectors were going off. There was nothing obvious like an oven left on. After going back to bed, i came to the conclusion that it was the smell of my dogs farts. So between that and wrapping up Christmas shopping, it was a mild week. I did make it down to Richmond to get a special beer release from Hardywood brewery. Waited in line for 3 hours. Got a cold and a bunch of Apple Brandy Gingerbread Stout. Real excited about this week. Merry Christmas everyone.

So Christmas was great and NYE was a blur. I hope you all had a great Christmas/Hanukkah (and/or your celebration of choice during this time of year) and New Years Eve. This was our first Christmas where our son was able to comprehend Christmas morning and he really enjoyed all of the wrapping paper that things came wrapped in. His excitement and joy that morning was the best present my wife and I could ask for. It was a fun time and my wife was able to take a bunch of time off to play and relax. Our weather was unseasonably warm which allowed us to spend a good amount of time outdoors with hikes, play grounds and our neighbors.

Overall, its been a great year. I've been blessed to be able to watch our son grow and explore. Its been a tough year being able to transition from two incomes to one. Its been a busy year in learning how to be a parent, a Stay At Home Dad and learning how to solely manage the house. It has been a challenge, but I love proving that I can do it and its amazing how rewarding it is- I mean, my son and wife are the end-users of my everyday activities.

What did you do and how was your weekend/year?

Two weeks with my son off from school. (6th grade) I love it when he's home. What more can I say!

That sucks. The closest that i can get to that is that a few days ago, i was woken up to the smell of smoke. Like the smell of wire insulation when it begins to melt or what the hair dryer smells like after my wife uses it. Anyway, I'm going through the house looking for the source of this smell. No smoke detectors were going off. There was nothing obvious like an oven left on. After going back to bed, i came to the conclusion that it was the smell of my dogs farts. So between that and wrapping up Christmas shopping, it was a mild week. I did make it down to Richmond to get a special beer release from Hardywood brewery. Waited in line for 3 hours. Got a cold and a bunch of Apple Brandy Gingerbread Stout. Real excited about this week. Merry Christmas everyone.

How was the Hardywood?

The end of 2015 was good. I'm blessed. Life has its ups and downs. But we're alive and well. Back to the grind. Smoke if ya got 'em!
She makes life grand.
View media item 11599

This was recovery week. We got home after spending 20 days helping to care for our daughter. I learned many secret routs to Baylor Hospital and of course had the privilege of running into some rude drivers. Unlike me, my wife is a class A, get it done now, man the mainsail woman. That changed for three days as she came down with a bug that made her sit, read and drink tea, which of course translated in honey, would you get me this, you should really clean up that etc.

She got to feeling better so it was food shop time, I need to stop here and get leaks and beans for New Year's Eve. Lots of catching up and putting things away, laundry etc.

Today is 50° and the front lawn looks like the national dump pile for leaves. Guess what I'm doing now?

I did make coffee this morning and added a shot of the medicinal cherry pain killer from my SS. Really quite good. Taking a short break with the coffee and a Perdomo 20th robusto.

The week was heavy overcast and like 43 and damp. Today is wonderous, so off the the caves I go into the mine with Grumpy, Wheezy, Sneezy etc.

How was the Hardywood?
It was a lot of fun. I stood in line two of the 4 weekends. The first weekend it was for the Bourbon Barrel GBS and the Christmas Morning GBS variants. The line was 35 minutes long and the weather was great. The second time i waited in line, it was cold. I was there with my BIL and even ran into an old CP buddy. The second time i stood in line it was for the Apple Brandy GBS and the Kentucky Christmas Morning. I got several bottles of the Apple Brandy but the Kentucky Christmas Morning was sold out before i got a chance to buy bottles, though i did get a few pints of it while waiting in the 3 hour line.

You know, if you have to wait in line, this was the way to do it. The people around us held our spots while we ran off to grab beers, and we had a good time talking with them, and a couple other people we knew who lived in the area and stopped by to laugh at us while keeping us company. Aside from being slightly under dressed, it wasnt too bad. The beer was good and I'm glad i was able to get what i got.

It was a lot of fun. I stood in line two of the 4 weekends. The first weekend it was for the Bourbon Barrel GBS and the Christmas Morning GBS variants. The line was 35 minutes long and the weather was great. The second time i waited in line, it was cold. I was there with my BIL and even ran into an old CP buddy. The second time i stood in line it was for the Apple Brandy GBS and the Kentucky Christmas Morning. I got several bottles of the Apple Brandy but the Kentucky Christmas Morning was sold out before i got a chance to buy bottles, though i did get a few pints of it while waiting in the 3 hour line.

You know, if you have to wait in line, this was the way to do it. The people around us held our spots while we ran off to grab beers, and we had a good time talking with them, and a couple other people we knew who lived in the area and stopped by to laugh at us while keeping us company. Aside from being slightly under dressed, it wasnt too bad. The beer was good and I'm glad i was able to get what i got.

Sounds like a great time. I wish we had releases like these in Oklahoma, but we have stupid liquor laws.

its been a good week and so far a good weekend. My son has been cranky all week. He has been getting up early and not taking his usual naps which has been tough, but you know Stay At Home Dad problems, right? We had a couple of good play dates, and pool time at the gym. Even Mom got to join us at the pool which was great. I was able to give a couple of UVA Women's BBall tickets to a friend who would otherwise not be able to go. He and his daughter had a blast! I had two bar nights with my friends this week which was real nice, despite having my truck towed one night. Parking around the University is tough enough, but with all the permit required locations and accidently parking in one is a pain! We have a 3 day weekend and I'm hoping to get a project or two knocked off and maybe get another day at the cigar shop. Lastly the wife and I have a date night tomorrow night, and then joining the In-Laws for burgers and beers at a recently renovated restaurant on Monday. This weekend is set up to be real nice.

Last week was miserable all the way through the weekend. The girls were cranky and the wife no better. No decent time to have a proper smoke. When I got home today everyone was in a better mood and going down for a nap. Since it was a holiday the traffic was light, the weather great so got on the bike and rode for a while. I got home just as everyone was getting up and now for a steak dinner. Maybe a cigar and quality time with the wife after. Hope this week continues on this track.

Glad to hear things are smoothing out, William. If the women aren't happy, nobody's happy...

Worst week I've had in a long time. It was one of those weeks that if I had to repeat I'd shoot myself in the foot cause spending it in the hospital would be more enjoyable.

Worst week I've had in a long time. It's was one of those weeks that if I had to repeat I'd shoot myself in the foot cause spending it in the hospital would be more enjoyable.
FYI I liked your post not because you had a rough week, but because of the humor. Hope your next week is better :)

Good week. Had fun with Bill's contest, got bombed into oblivion, and got a printer to work that I've been putzing with for far too long.

Worst week I've had in a long time. It was one of those weeks that if I had to repeat I'd shoot myself in the foot cause spending it in the hospital would be more enjoyable.
I know how you feel. I actually took a day of vacation on Friday thinking it would help. Should have just gone to work.

Last week was filled with building excitement of the upcoming snowstorm and trying to find new and unique names for it. Alas, everything i came up with was centered around the Jonas Brothers and was fit for ridicule. We got more snow then expected and loved every inch of it. After my neighbor's snow blower broke down, my world came crashing back into the reality that was shoveling snow. We enjoyed a lot of sledding until a few Laws of Physics were ignored and the sled broke (or crumpled). One of the many nice things about being out in snow is that it makes me feel justified to drink at any point during the day and at any amount. The Apres did not stop. For you football fans out there, I was pumped! to see the Broncos take down the Patriots! That was a good game to watch. I'm also glad that the PAnthers also made it to the Super Bowl.

How did you your week and weekend go?