• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How was your week?

Thank you Monk. I will mention that to the Dr. Two things, thankfully I am not on a cocktail of meds, mine is called tremadol and has helped nicely. I take nothing else and I don't seek pills as a way out of some pain.

The second item is insurance companies. Being on Medicare we have a choice, we took PPO which means we have to see him first for a referral if he was to agree, so we will see what his thoughts are.

Appreciate your input.

Hot shower and 600mg ibuprofen. Good for everything from hang nails to sucking chest wounds.

Doc

Im a big fan of ibuprofen too. Don't suffer from anything other than over use and excessive workouts so I cannot relate but good luck on your fix.

Just finished a four day summer break program for about twenty 3rd-5th graders at the museum. Theme this time was Aerospace. They built rockets, did astrophotography using micro-observatories (that's some cool shit!), engineered landers and exploration modules and built their own museum displays for their folks to come in and see at the end... all sorts of cool stuff. They drove us nuts, but man... I love doing this. One of our regular guests is a pilot of SOFIA, NASA's 747 flying telescope. He's a really cool dude and says he's going to invite the people in the Education Department to fly on a mission next time they are in Hawaii.
Busy, but fulfilling week. Two field trips to work at the museum tomorrow, and then next week I'm back on the road with my "real job", running our outreach program in 6th grade classrooms all over the island. I'm in the midst of planning an entire month for the program on Maui. Good times...

Kann, that is cool stuff. Man, i had a fucking week. I transplanted 10 azalea bushes and managed to strain my abs while doing so. Surprisingly, swimming was actually a helpful in making me feel better. Bought and halfway through planting 10 cartons of ornamental grasses. Landscaping is a tough thing to do, but the result is quite rewarding. When I'm done I'll post some pictures with some numbers. I did an interview with our local newspaper about being a millennial (kinda pissed that I fall into that category) stay at home dad. ( http://www.c-ville.com/now-generation-theres-much-chatter-millennials/#.VvXkbeIrKM8 ). Look for me, my name is Jon Elliott, towards the bottom of the article. If you want a signed copy, email my publicist. Now that I'm famous i have one of those. And then Thursday, I took a gun class that I needed in order to apply for my Concealed Carry Permit. Pew Pew! I would love people to provide me reasons for using a revolver or a semi automatic as a CC gun. So far I'm leaning towards revolvers. I have a follow up question which I'll ask later. Lastly, we are successfully refinancing our house and I managed to pay off my truck payment once we got our IRS return. Once I get our state refund, I'll get my student loan paid off leaving just our mortgage left as our remaining loan! Go me, go me! I have a box purchase eyed as a Pat Me On The Back for all of my financial scores this week! Anyway, Happy Easter to those who celebrate it.
Have a great weekend to all and how was your week?
PS: Oh i also ordered Contra for the original NES platform. I've always wanted to own this game and finally earned enough money by taking various surveys on line and earning Amazon credits to buy Contra with my own cash!

I loved Contra:

Up up down down left left right right a a b b........something like that.

I'll say one thing for revolvers; they always go bang.

Doc

Can't go wrong with a J-frame. Better than leaving home with nothing...

Capacity, numero uno. Slimmer frame for an easier conceal. Lighter trigger pull since you aren't performing the double action with every shot. Also, 1911s don't come in revolver. ;)

What about the reliability of semi autos? I had a friend who said that his 45 and 9mm preferred certain types/brands of ammo in order to prevent stove-piping.

But as I mentioned about my follow up question, in light of terrorist or crazy person based mass shooting, how does that make you rethink capacity or stopping power? To paraphrase now that we need to worry about more then mugging sand car jacking how have you rethought your requirements for self defense?

If it comes in a box, it's a kit. If you decide on a semi-auto, you'll need to find a competent pistol smith to tune your hand gun. I'm fortunate enough to have a 1911 factory trained smith just down the road. My 1911-A1, the cheapest Colt makes, is as reliable as can be. I haven't had a stove pipe jam since he tightened it up, did a trigger job and polished it. It'll shoot anything reliably, including wad cutters and from a Ransom rest it'll put it's seven rounds into a ragged hole at 50 yds. Much better than I can shoot.

Doc

So another week, another cigar. This week i finally got the last of the Liriope planted along our driveway, installed landscape edging and mulch. The deer got into the liripe one night, but with some Liquid Fence spread around, they seem to have stayed away. I hope Liquid Fence works because I planted something like 400 plantings over 85 linear feet. The finished product looks pretty sweet! I'll try to post a picture. Smoked some good cigars this week, mainly various sizes of the El Gueguense cigar. You see, I have paid off my truck loan, and am close to paying off my student loan and one other reoccurring monthly bill along with refinancing our house which will save some more on our monthly bills so I am rewarding myself with a box purchase. Right now I'm deciding between the torpedo and the robusto. I really like the robusto but want something a bit longer and was very impressed with the torpedo. I picked up a couple more of each to help make up my decision. Getting off the subject of bill paying, i went to Richmond (aka the Big City) to see UVA play UofR in men's lacrosse and UVA won. Its the first lacrosse game i got to watch this year. I grew up playing lacrosse in central Jersey and it has been a passion for a number of years. UVA played good, but not up to the level which they have been capable of the last few years. Well I guess every team has their years. I grew up watching Princeton play in the 90's when they won 6 Championships over 9 years under Coach Tierney. What a time to be into lacrosse! Every Saturday after practice or games my middleschool/highschool teams would head over to Princeton to watch the Tigers play. That was a lot of fun. Anyway, it was great to get out and catch a UVA game.

So how was your week?
PS- The night that UVA lost in the Elite 8, my wife was pretty sour. Knowing this and that I would be to blame for anything and everything, I took the initiative and attacked her with a barrage of pillows and seat cushions. I figured that if I was going to catch hell, I would at least control the reason for it.

My son was on 6th grade spring break. Decided on a staycation. We had several days out, movies, eating out at his favorite restaurants, and a bit of "spoiling" at Gamestop and Barnes and Noble. I really enjoy it when he's home.

We lucked out with tornado weather. I lost a tree, and a lot of branches. Leaves stripped off a lot of the trees. Some closer neighbors had roof damage. One block parallel had it real bad. Massive trees, like 2ft dia. min, snapped in half or uprooted. AF Base got hit. Semi Trucks flipped., etc. It was a little scary in my house for about 15 minutes. I feel very fortunate. Lotsa yard clean-up which means lotsa cigars, and a few beers.

What games did your son get at game stop? I received Contra for NES last week and was crushing it for a couple of days before I beat it and not my enthusiasm has subsided. Forgot it only had 8 levels.

My son was on 6th grade spring break. Decided on a staycation. We had several days out, movies, eating out at his favorite restaurants, and a bit of "spoiling" at Gamestop and Barnes and Noble. I really enjoy it when he's home.

We lucked out with tornado weather. I lost a tree, and a lot of branches. Leaves stripped off a lot of the trees. Some closer neighbors had roof damage. One block parallel had it real bad. Massive trees, like 2ft dia. min, snapped in half or uprooted. AF Base got hit. Semi Trucks flipped., etc. It was a little scary in my house for about 15 minutes. I feel very fortunate. Lotsa yard clean-up which means lotsa cigars, and a few beers.
Geez that sounds crazy. Glad that your place didn't receive the nastier end of the damage. Good thing your son was out of school to help you clean up :p

Good thing your son was out of school to help you clean up :p
Now that's funny...:rolleyes:
He read 7 books while on break.
He helped a little. Mainly the bending over stuff, and carrying stuff I cut to the strategic piles.

Now that's funny...:rolleyes:
He read 7 books while on break.
He helped a little. Mainly the bending over stuff, and carrying stuff I cut to the strategic piles.
Well that's better than no help lol