• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor Deal

I went to his web site. He sells the same chinese made, mdf, cedar lined humidors everyone else does. What a crock! :sign:

Doc.

I was thinking about getting one as well. What if they say they are lined with "Lined with Kiln Dried Cedar Dividers"? I know a cooler-dor is the most economical and highest real estate but they just don't look attractive. I was thinking about trying to get a broken mini fridge to use. They already have shelves and a great seal and look a little better than a cooler. What do you think? Thanks

Hi all:

I am the proud author of the FAKE HUMIDOR pages! I have received legal threats and all, I will not back down. I also operate www.CigarExtras.com where we sell quality humidors, the same sold at your local tobacconists, only at better values.

I am not sure why you are all discussing the benefits of a cheap humidor made with wrong materials, they are poor constuction, have the worst hygrometer I have ever seen and the humidifiers are not designed for the capacity. Of course the worst is using the wrong wood on the interior. Maple has such a strong obnoxious odor, it will kill your cigars!

Now maybe I'm nuts, but we all buy expensive/costly cigars and then try to be cheap and buy a bargain humidor that is a perfect place to store your lighters and cutters....but not cigars. I do not claim to know anyone's budget, but I would strongly suggest you use a tupperware or coolidor if you want to be economical. If you want to show your expensive cigars in your den, office or living room, invest in a humidor that will last a lifetime and provide the quality you will not have to spend all your valuable time correcting, or augmenting to make it work and not smell rancid like the ones offered which I call FAKE HUMIDORS.

Cigars are made to be enjoyed, the few spare moments we have should be spent enjoying a fine cigar, not figuring out how to get the cheapest humidor and then waste your time trying to fix it. Do I have something to gain by writing about this fraud against the new and unseasoned cigar smoker, sure I do. On the other hand the reader of this information has even more to gain by not wasting his hard earned money buying garbage.

When you want to buy a real humidor, you can find us at www.CigarExtras.com, tell me you read this and I'll take good care of you!

Mike

Mike...

AH HA! So you're the the man behind the 'method to the madness'. I will on one hand say you've got balls and God bless you for standing up for what you believe in. And, on the other hand, I'll say you're a pain-in-the-ass.

As a businessman myself, I can understand your frustration. However, what you're doing does not speak well on your reputation (IMHO) of course. There are buyers for everything out there and let the market dictate and decide what they want to own. Going out of your way to post illegitimate eBay offerings is just as bad as the crap that guy (with the "fake humidors") is selling. If you want to counteract that type of merchandising, do it back handed and with class as a businessman; not vindictive attacks.

What I would do is not put down your competitor's merchandise but promote your own merchandise as superior within your own listings. Tell the buyer why your product is better and what other humidors are made of and for that reason is why they can be sold for much less than the quality you're offering (assuming it is quality or that you believe it is quality).

I occasionally like to look at what is being sold on eBay and one evening I ran across all your posts littering eBay. It got my curiosity up and I sympathized with your campaign but you over did it! And now, it's time to put it to rest.

Do what you want as it's your business and best of luck with your ordeal. The consumer is smarter than you think. Give them a little credit.

Hi all:

I am the proud author of the FAKE HUMIDOR pages! I have received legal threats and all, I will not back down. I also operate www.CigarExtras.com where we sell quality humidors, the same sold at your local tobacconists, only at better values.

I am not sure why you are all discussing the benefits of a cheap humidor made with wrong materials, they are poor constuction, have the worst hygrometer I have ever seen and the humidifiers are not designed for the capacity. Of course the worst is using the wrong wood on the interior. Maple has such a strong obnoxious odor, it will kill your cigars!

Now maybe I'm nuts, but we all buy expensive/costly cigars and then try to be cheap and buy a bargain humidor that is a perfect place to store your lighters and cutters....but not cigars. I do not claim to know anyone's budget, but I would strongly suggest you use a tupperware or coolidor if you want to be economical. If you want to show your expensive cigars in your den, office or living room, invest in a humidor that will last a lifetime and provide the quality you will not have to spend all your valuable time correcting, or augmenting to make it work and not smell rancid like the ones offered which I call FAKE HUMIDORS.

Cigars are made to be enjoyed, the few spare moments we have should be spent enjoying a fine cigar, not figuring out how to get the cheapest humidor and then waste your time trying to fix it. Do I have something to gain by writing about this fraud against the new and unseasoned cigar smoker, sure I do. On the other hand the reader of this information has even more to gain by not wasting his hard earned money buying garbage.

When you want to buy a real humidor, you can find us at www.CigarExtras.com, tell me you read this and I'll take good care of you!

Mike

Mike...

AH HA! So you're the the man behind the 'method to the madness'. I will on one hand say you've got balls and God bless you for standing up for what you believe in. And, on the other hand, I'll say you're a pain-in-the-ass.

As a businessman myself, I can understand your frustration. However, what you're doing does not speak well on your reputation (IMHO) of course. There are buyers for everything out there and let the market dictate and decide what they want to own. Going out of your way to post illegitimate eBay offerings is just as bad as the crap that guy (with the "fake humidors") is selling. If you want to counteract that type of merchandising, do it back handed and with class as a businessman; not vindictive attacks.

What I would do is not put down your competitor's merchandise but promote your own merchandise as superior within your own listings. Tell the buyer why your product is better and what other humidors are made of and for that reason is why they can be sold for much less than the quality you're offering (assuming it is quality or that you believe it is quality).

I occasionally like to look at what is being sold on eBay and one evening I ran across all your posts littering eBay. It got my curiosity up and I sympathized with your campaign but you over did it! And now, it's time to put it to rest.

Do what you want as it's your business and best of luck with your ordeal. The consumer is smarter than you think. Give them a little credit.

This place gets weirder everyday.

Thought I would add a final note to my ordeal with one of these "Fake Humidor" sellers on eBay (Easy Source Inc.). After I disputed the purchase on eBay claiming that the humidor was not as advertised (as it is obviously not lined with Spanish Cedar), they offered to refund my money. That would be great if I had paid more than $20 for the humidor and $30 to ship it. I definitely didn't want to spend another $30 of my own money to ship this back to him to get $20 back - not too logical. Anyway, I went on eBay and purchased some Spanish Cedar from a seller named "woodcreations1" and ended up lining the top and bottom of the humidor myself. The adage "a little Spanish Cedar goes a long way" is absolutely correct. Anyway, the seller (Easy Source Inc.) finally got back to me saying that each humidor contains a "few pieces of Spanish Cedar" and if I would like, he would send me more. Well, since he offered, I definitely took him up on the offer. Two days ago in the mail, I receive two dividers from a different size humidor. Apparently the only "Spanish Cedar" in these humidors is the dividers. Needless to say I had a good laugh. All in all, spent about $65-70 to get it how it should be. Would have been easier to order from a reputable source from this board. Chalk this one up to a lesson learned.

Jeez I just spent about $90 one of the 300ct one. What a let down. :( Especially after seeing the set up on cheaphumidors.com that includes a lighter, cutter, and everything else I'll need. Dammit. Oh well I guess I'll have a nice box to put things in....