• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor Lost

You should seek out some assistance from local legal counsel or pursue thgis in Small Claims. It is amazing how quickly some people respond to a letter from an attorney or a Summons.

Good luck.

Very sorry to hear this Anthony.
This sounds like a job for....JUDGE JUDY! (I dig her.)

I think I going to buy a house near Atuck so I can have a place to store my cigars.

Maybe just dig a tunnel and "borrow" some of Atuck's stock! :laugh:

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully things will work out.

Hang in there man, maybe you will get lucky and he will send the deposit back because it is the right thing to do. But if not, I vote kneecaps.

Fish

Sucks Tony. Sorry to hear it. I would definitely not let this go. Depending on the amount of your deposit, I would go after him in either small claims or circuit court. You might even be able to get away with it right in your home county/venue (I assume he's located out of your state/county)...don't quite know though. I'm licensed in several states, but not up there.

Also, definitely contact your consumer affairs department of your state's attorney general, as well as his state's, and file complaints. You can most likely do that right on line. Many people think of the BBB, but the BBB are basically powerless truth be told and not worth wasting your time with, especially if this guy is out of business now. Attorney general will go after this guy quite possibly or, at the very least, start sending him dunning letters which might motivate him to decide you're not worth the hassle and pay you back.

Also, go on to the FTC's website and file a complaint on-line there.

FTC Linky

That sucks!

Please out this guy. Why is this any different to cigars?
Arguably more important than cigars. You have to have a humi!
He is a vendor and may start up again - out him! :thumbs:

Brian

Thanks guys for the kind words. I'm waiting for a response to a letter I sent him this week before I reveal who it is.

I just wanted to vent and caution everyone out there.

Wish you the best trying to get your deposit back. There are so many people out there who don't get IT! What's so hard about doing something somebody paid you to do or giving them a refund? Hopefully this guy can resolve everything for you and never goes back to selling anything.

You've been dicking with him since March? Out the SOB already, his rep is garbage now so you won't be hurting him any more. :angry:

Thanks guys for the kind words. I'm waiting for a response to a letter I sent him this week before I reveal who it is.

I am truely sorry that this happened to you. If he is out of business as you state it will be really hard to get something back but I would still try. I think I know who you are talking about and he has alot of issues right now.

I build cutom humidor cabinets and I rarely take deposits. It has bit me a few times when folks back out but I have not had a problem selling the cabinet anyway.

I am truely sorry that this happened to you. If he is out of business as you state it will be really hard to get something back but I would still try. I think I know who you are talking about and he has alot of issues right now.

I build cutom humidor cabinets and I rarely take deposits. It has bit me a few times when folks back out but I have not had a problem selling the cabinet anyway.

That is why I'm cutting him some slack as he does have a lot of personal problems. I don't want to add to his issues but wanted to caution others about what can happen. If I don't get some resolution shortly I'll let people know what is up and how I plan to deal with it.

I did put in an order for a cabinet and hopefully that will end up better. I have plans to finish off the basement and may put aside some space for a humidor/wine cellar so that should help with storage. The only problem with a consolidated humidor is that the Mrs. can now quantify my collection as opposed to the coolers and humidors are scattered all around.

I will keep you in mind if I decide to expand yet again :D

I appreiate your sentiments, I really do. You are an honorbale man
NOT to give up the "horse rustler" immediately. However, there is no caution
here unless we know who we are being cautioned against.
OUT him!!! :whistling:

Brian

That is why I'm cutting him some slack as he does have a lot of personal problems. I don't want to add to his issues but wanted to caution others about what can happen. If I don't get some resolution shortly I'll let people know what is up and how I plan to deal with it.

I did put in an order for a cabinet and hopefully that will end up better. I have plans to finish off the basement and may put aside some space for a humidor/wine cellar so that should help with storage. The only problem with a consolidated humidor is that the Mrs. can now quantify my collection as opposed to the coolers and humidors are scattered all around.

I will keep you in mind if I decide to expand yet again :D

You're a kinder soul than I would be in the situation. :whistling:

We are working it out. Maybe by March I'll see my money!

That sucks!

Please out this guy. Why is this any different to cigars?
Arguably more important than cigars. You have to have a humi!
He is a vendor and may start up again - out him! :thumbs:

Brian
I agree
You have an obligation to us all to out this guy.
Him having problems doe's not cut it mate, We all have problems.
I would be paying him a personal visit and charging my traveling expenses as well.Don't let this guy F you

So that everyone knows who I am talking about it is Petroglyph Designs and the owner is Sage. The web site is now defunct so there is nothing to see. I'll let everyone know what the final outcome is towrds the end of March. It is a shame as he is a master craftsman.

Well after a long and protracted wait the deposit is back. End of story :D .

Glad that it came to a good, if protracted, end. Time to call Bob or Arlin.