• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor Lost

tone-ny

I smoke therefore I am!
Here is a tale of caution on ordering custom made humidors. I originally put an order on a custom made cabinet last year. I hammered out all the details and then put half as a deposit with a delivery date of March of 2006.

Well you guessed it no humidor and no deposit back as of yet. Insert the obligatory back and forth and excuses up the yin yang, e-mails and calls up the wazoo. I was told this week that he could not make my humidor and that he would send me a letter describing that he owed me my deposit, but no payment plan. I’m still waiting for this letter.

Well what do you think the chances of me getting my deposit back are? I just want to let people know how stuff happens so that you are aware of those out there. This from a guy that made some pretty impressive cabinets a few of them are owned by some people here. No I will not name names, just a tale of caution so that you can make informed choices.

I think I going to buy a house near Atuck so I can have a place to store my cigars. I have ordered another cabinet, but not so elaborate. Just thought I’d vent as I could have bought quite a few cigars with that deposit.

:( That sucks.

If the deposit was big enough I'd take him to court.

I wish you the best of luck getting it back.

That sucks Tony. Is this person currently making other humidors for people?

Damn Tone-ny, that really sucks.
From the sound of things, you won't get your deposit back either.

:( That sucks.

If the deposit was big enough I'd take him to court.

I wish you the best of luck getting it back.

As everyone else said, this totally sucks! Sorry to hear about this. As mentioned, if the deposit is big enough, or as a matter of principle, you could bring a claim against the guy in municipal court. As odd as it may sound, your chances of collection will be better if he did business as an individual rather than as a corporation or other type of business entity. Good luck.

That sucks, if he was in business still I would definately like to know which business not to do business with.

That's terrble news, Anthony. I'm sorry to hear it came to this.

Wilkey

Sounds like my cousins Guido and Vinny need to get involved...

Man that sucks. Nothing worse than gettin stiffed..

Tony - sorry to hear that. It really pisses you off when you trust someone, then they f*ck you. I agree with Shooter - send down the boys to visit him - Even if he is out of business, he should still send you $ 20 / week until he pays you back.

Tony - sorry to hear that. It really pisses you off when you trust someone, then they f*ck you. I agree with Shooter - send down the boys to visit him - Even if he is out of business, he should still send you $ 20 / week until he pays you back.

I may not live that long with the vig I'd have to charge him!

Sorry Anthony!
Send some of the 'boys' over to bust his kneecaps!
I hope you get your deposit back!

-Rob

Anthony, that is horrible. There is a guy who owes me $700 for 1.5 years (supposed to install outdoor lighting and never did) now and has promised some money on Friday. Do not give up. Small claims court is easy and fast, and if that doesn't work we could buy him a load of gravel and have it delivered on his house.

Tony, that sucks! (I believe I know who it is btw and that deposit couldn't have been cheap!)

I am a true believer in karma, so it will come back to you as I know you only to be a true gentleman.

~Mark

Too bad Tony, I run into that all the time in my business. I have had alot of custoomers who have been burned by local contractors who take money and don't finish their work. It makes it harder for honest contractors to gain a burned customers trust.

I hope you can get your money back.

:0

good lord that sucks. Send me the jackasses addy and I'll start boxing up the yard droppings my 2 monsters make. Wonder how many weekly packages till you get your money back! :laugh:

Such bad news to receive after all the anticipation I'm sure.

I'm sorry for your loss :(