• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I am weak!

JayBay

WTB Bratalias
I am a self-proclaimed Bratalia whore. It all started when Andy gave me one about a year and a half ago. They were already scarce at that point. I put out an APB for more of them to the BOTL's here on CP, and themoneycollector came through. He found a B&M with a small supply, and I ended up with a 5'er. Some months later, the guy who started it all - Andy - calls me from out of town. Says he's staring down a small pile of complete sets of 10 with the humidor - and I grab one. Further feeding my addiction, Andy emails me last week - and says "Hey - check out this link. They have them in stock". I am weak...I pull the trigger again! This arrived today.

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

And here they are - in their happy new home with their little friends...

DSC_0108.jpg

If my cash flow was in better health - I'd call up the store this batch came from and find out how many they have...and clear 'em out!

That definitely is worthy of obsession. Love that smoke!

John

I haven't smoked one yet that left me thinking they needing aging. According to CAO, they were all made in 2006. I emailed CAO, and asked if they would be released in the future in regular boxes - rather than the (nearly) cost prohibitive humidors. Here's the answer I received:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Mr. Bayfield,

Thank you for your wonderful comments on the Bratalia barber pole perfecto. We developed a special commemorative box to bring together our Brazilia and Italia lines—as it happened the World Cup in soccer was being played during our annual conference in which it was part of a package for our retailers who purchased both of the individual lines. This was in 2006….that you were given the barber pole recently means that it has aged for at least two and one-half years!

We have not pursued introducing the Bratalia perfecto to be sold in boxes; however, I will convey your suggestion to our product development staff!

Sincerely,

Madonna A. Archer
Director of HR and Customer Relations
CAO International, Inc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now - that email was from December of 2008. Therefore - all CAO Bratalia barber pole perfectos have at least 3 years aging on them now. I suppose like many cigars - they may get better...however this could potentially spark the debate about the benefits of aging, and there's plenty of threads hiding behind the search button on that topic.

Nice score! :love:

I've been wanting to try the Bratalia for a long time as I've liked both the Brazilia and Italia, but I have yet to come across even one!

That is beautiful!

Sweet score man. I may have to find a 5er to try out. If they smoke anything like they look then they got to be awesome.