• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I have been known to relight cigars

Ginseng

Banned
Yup,

Confessions of the guilty. Sometimes when I have not had the chance to finish a cigar for whatever reason, I leave the remainder in one of the tiny little empty flower pots on a windowsill off the porch. And then the next day, if I have time, perhaps after I've smoked the selection of the day, sometimes I reach over, pull out the stub and light 'er up again.

Often times, it's not horrible. It sometimes gets a little hot and might be just a tad acrid, but when you've got 10 minutes and no tiny cigars...hey, they call to you.

I think the longest I've left a stub out there and then relit it and smoked it down was 3 or 4 days. With the right conditions, the remainder actually stays in decent shape.

So, any of you guys do this too? Or is this further evidence of my sickness. :D :p

Wilkey

That is ironic. I was driving home today with a Double Chateau Fuente Sungrown that I started after lunch. I realized, I have been relighting cigars for a few months now and usually enjoy the taste. When I started smoking cigars, I thought it tasted nasty for some reason. Of course 3 or 4 days sitting outside? That's just sick!! J/K

Nothing better than an ISOM in the ashtray in the car from the night before in the middle of July! :laugh:

Hiya Wilkey,

I sometimes relight a cigar the next day. However, I do let the cigar extinguish itself and I blow the smoke out first by blowing into the cigar. A decent stick is quite OK that way, imo.

My boss will relight the cigar butts that we smoked the night before...always, and he loves them. He re-lit the Opus X 952R I smoked last week just to get the taste on his palette. I hate it! Not to say I look down on any of you.

-Fetter

I've been known to re-lite a few - but I always cut away as much of the end as possible before putting it away -
Guess I just haven't dropped down to your level just yet - :blush:

Ron

These days I only relight if it goes out while I'm in the middle of the same smoking session. Used to relight when I'd smoke at work (once upon a time when I worked regular 9-5ers)...no more. Had a bad tasting experience when I relit a NC Monte and I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth all day and night :(

I used to avoid doing this at all cost but I found myself not smoking cigars because I was afraid of having to put them out. I got over it when I had to set down an edge maduro torpedo out and didn't get back to it for a weekend+ on the relight it was still very good. Doesn't always work out that way but its worth a shot if you hate to toss a cigar.

CYG

I used to avoid doing this at all cost but I found myself not smoking cigars because I was afraid of having to put them out. I got over it when I had to set down an edge maduro torpedo out and didn't get back to it for a weekend+ on the relight it was still very good. Doesn't always work out that way but its worth a shot if you hate to toss a cigar.

CYG

Yeah, that was my main reason for relighting because I hated to toss a smoke. Especially since my favorite vitolas are robustos and torpedos. Now I only light em up if I know I got the time. Minutos are good and won't kill your bankroll if you have to toss one every now and then.

BTW, love the avatar of Compay Segundo :)

Yeah, but Wilkey... it's hard to fault ya. I mean when that Moontrace overwhelms you with its power or you have to set it down to do your nails, you don't want a gem like that to go to waste! :)

Relighting an old smoke seems to be the norm for most of us, I do it on smokes that are 1-2 days old. The boss who lite another guys Opus from the night before is going WAAAAAY overboard! Thats just plain nasty.

I do NOT relight cigars the next day, or even a few hours after I let them go out. If I am in the middle of a cigar and my smoke goes out for a few minutes because I get caught up talking or something, then sure I will relight it.

I leave my cigars at work, so If I have a good one, I will relight it after I get back! Usually I finish the evening with a Cuban cigarette so this doesn't happen much. As much as 12 hrs before I relight. Always an eye opener!

If I have a smoke at lunch I'll finish it on the way home but not 2 or 3 days later.

I've picked one up after a couple of hours, but not overnight or after a few days.

I also don't check through the trash for leftover food before I haul it to the curb, but hey, whatever floats your boat, man. ;)

Back