• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I Need Answers Pronto...

Well said Wilkey.

I agree, as I have purchased many boxes that were opened. Whether it be because of inspection, the box on display, etc, etc, it doesn't bother me. As long as the cigars are in good shape, that is all that matters.

Stating that when purchasing a new box of cigars, I should get a new box of cigars, is jumping to conclusions. Just because the seal is broken doesn't mean it is not a new box of cigars.

If you are really that upset, return them and request a box that is still sealed. End of Story.

Dave

I do a lot of ebuying and have never gotten a box with a broken seal. Just lucky, I guess.
You guys have completely missed my point. A sealed box shows the vendor knows how to put a box in the mail. When I see a box that's been opened, my thoughts don't immediately run toward the nefarious; rather, I think "....good. These were looked at and should be in good shape".

I don't necessary think it's "luck" to get only sealed boxes....but then again, I know and trust my vendors. I'm trying to remember the last "sealed" box I got; that would probably have been a box of Anejo's at Christmas time. And, I have received several boxes since then, to be sure. Of course, last year's box of Anejos (sealed) were putrid with mold. Almost wish they'd have opened them up before they shipped, eh...??

TastesLikeDirt - if this is going to keep you up at night, call the vendor and NICELY ask if you can have a sealed box. Honestly, as long as the cigars are in fine shape, I don't see what the concern is.

B.B.S.

I need answers. I hate when this shit happens. I pay good money for a sealed box of schmokes to be opened BY ME, not headaches caused by worrying why the box was opened before it ever got to me!!!!

Guys, they are defective if he order "schmokes" and got "smokes" clearly the vendor is at fault for not giving him what he ordered!

jumptoconclusions2xk.jpg

$140 box of Dominicans from good factory, delivered to me from an etailer we all know, with outside shrinkwrap intact but with clearly sliced paper factory seal. Somebody had these smokes before me and returned them to the etailer, who replaced whatever was smoked and re-shrinkwrapped the merchandise. I can hear the etailer now trying to explain that "the goods were merely opened for inspection"...but that's ca-ca because nobody had better quality control in the DR than the guys who made these sticks; no need to open for inspection or anything else.

So, what would you cigar mavens do: demand a replacement box and a pre-paid shipping label to return the original box; demand only a pre-paid shipping label to return the original box; open the original box and keep the cigars saying "stuff happens;" duke it out with the CC company if the etailer says "TTCC...you bought 'em, they're yours no matter in what shape we decide to send 'em to you;" send back the sticks at my own expense and hope I get at least a credit for the purchase price (and stop doing business with the etailer) ??? ??

I need answers. I hate when this shit happens. I pay good money for a sealed box of schmokes to be opened BY ME, not headaches caused by worrying why the box was opened before it ever got to me!!!!

Have you seen the threads about Anejo's? Stores ARE 'opening for inspection' due to some problems that have occured.
Maybe, (since we are jumping to conclusions)...maybe, this store is opening them all and then resealing for shipping/transportation?

What is the stores return policy?

If you are not happy with your purchase, return it.

Without contacting the shop, you have NO idea how they will react or what they will say.

I agree with the sentiment that there's nothing to worry about. When you buy a stick from your local B&M, they are unsealed. The same scenarios could have happened to those sticks (touched, licked, rolled around on the floor), but you still trust the store and buy them and stick them in your mouth.

Why mis-trust your online cigar shop owner? If they were opened, but are in good condition (and especially if they are wrapped in cello), I see no benefit to demanding an unsealed box.

Still hasn't replied on the quality of sticks yet...or given any updates whether he opened the box or not... :(

As predicted, the vendor's CS rep stated that the sticks had been opened for "inspection."

Following that conversation I went ahead and removed the plastic wrap; the cigars look fine.

Atomically strong, but fine.

Now I demand apologies from some of you middle-school bullies who hurt my feelings. :whistling:

We're still angry, aren't we??

These "schmokes" will be available soon on the Trade Board.
Since there's no need to worry about their quality, I'm sure they'll sell fast.

We're still angry, aren't we??

These "schmokes" will be available soon on the Trade Board.
Since there's no need to worry about their quality, I'm sure they'll sell fast.

I'm concerned more about your quality than those cigars.

Yes, I would be very concerned with my trustworthyness if I were you...5700+ posts on another board with never a trade gone sideways in four years. References are available if you require them. But I don't think you will.

What kind of men malign a new member without knowing anything about him, attempting to cast aspersions on his honesty? You may not agree with my posting style--you suppose I GAF?--but don't attempt to smear me. You dishonor only yourselves, little boys.

Yes, I would be very concerned with my trustworthyness if I were you...5700+ posts on another board with never a trade gone sideways in four years. References are available if you require them. But I don't think you will.

"Where did this weed spring from?"...that was good. Silly, but I understand your burden.

Soul...you and me would get along, but these kids today, no way. :whistling:

Thanks all for a great laugh. Too funny...what'cha gonna do next?

I, for one, will look forward to the sale!

:thumbs:

---------------

All this for what would be a newbie sampler trade, maybe! :laugh:

"Where did this weed spring from?"...that was good. Silly, but I understand your burden.

Soul...you and me would get along, but these kids today, no way. :whistling:

Thanks all for a great laugh. Too funny...what'cha gonna do next?

Then be an idiot at that other board and don't contaminate our home.

What kind of men malign a new member without knowing anything about him, attempting to cast aspersions on his honesty? You may not agree with my posting style--you suppose I GAF?--but don't attempt to smear me. You dishonor only yourselves, little boys.

???

First person, into third person, back to first.

How many people are you?