• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I stink!

n8warren

To Bill Brasky
So I'm pretty lucky in that I have a beautiful girlfriend that encourages me to smoke cigars. :love: The only complaint she has is how I smell for the rest of the day after smoking. I've searced the topic and only really found threads about getting the smell out of rooms and cars. Does anyone have any advice on how to cover up the smell on my clothes and in my hair? I usually spray cologne, but that gets overpowered by the smoke smell within about 30 minutes. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Change your clothes and take a shower. I doubt there is any other way to get the smell out of your clothes or hair other then that. Everything just covers it up and leaves you smelling like a cheap hooker. Good luck.

No way to eliminate it. You can make it not as bad by not smoking in a confined place but you will still smell like a cigar. No way around it.

Smoke outside and allow the wind to blow the smoke away from you as you smoke..... it'll help some.

I always smoke outside (which helps tremendously), afterwards I at least change my shirt and wash my hands. Usually those 3 things make it bearable. Also, if it is cool outside, wear leather/leather jacket...leather and silk do not hold smoke smells. Smoke naked. :laugh: My wife complains more of my cigar breath than anything. Seems like some cigars definately leave a worse and or stronger odors than others...had a Cohiba Black a few days ago and almost choked myself for the next 24 hours.

I say rub dog poo all over you, that should cover up the smoke smell real good.

If you want to cover up the smell from your mouth, then well... ;)

Do not wash.. EVER.
That way after a cigar you will smell bearable for a while(good way to smoke all day too) :cool:

Febreeze the clothes and brush the teeth maybe...but I concur, the only sure-fire way to come out smelling like roses is to ditch the dirty rags and take a shower.

like someone earlier said, change clothes, take a shower, and right after you finish the smoke, chew some of the 'polar ice' type chewing gum, it really helps eliminate the cigar breath.

Change your clothes and take a shower. I doubt there is any other way to get the smell out of your clothes or hair other then that. Everything just covers it up and leaves you smelling like a cheap hooker. Good luck.

Hit the nail right on the head Denver. :laugh:

2 words: Smoking Jacket. An authentic "Rozelli" if possible.
Rozelli info

Smoking jackets can be had for about $100. I do not yet have one, but I will before the summer.

Two things:

1. If you cannot change clothes after smoking, spritz your clothes with Febreze.

2. Rub a little Johnsons baby powder in your hair.

I've found these two things make me fit for company.

Wilkey

No way to eliminate it. You can make it not as bad by not smoking in a confined place but you will still smell like a cigar. No way around it.

Smoke outside and allow the wind to blow the smoke away from you as you smoke..... it'll help some.

Yep.

So I'm pretty lucky in that I have a beautiful girlfriend that encourages me to smoke cigars. :love: The only complaint she has is how I smell for the rest of the day after smoking. I've searced the topic and only really found threads about getting the smell out of rooms and cars. Does anyone have any advice on how to cover up the smell on my clothes and in my hair? I usually spray cologne, but that gets overpowered by the smoke smell within about 30 minutes. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Try spraying Pure Ayre on yourself after a smoke (it's the only 100% internationally labeled food safe odor eliminator - eg you can drink it if you like).

Walt of StogieReview.com just did a killer comparison of it :thumbs:

Bob from DogWatchSocialClub.com also uses it and LOVES it.

I gave some to an executive friend of mine who smokes on the way to work and his secretary complained about his suit smelling like stale cigars. He sprays the Pure Ayre on before going into the office and his secretary said it works wonders.

Hope this helps
~Mark

Thanks everyone, really good advice. Never thought about the baby powder, thans Wilkey!

As quoted by Nighttrain005...
I am a cigar smoker and i smoke indoors ,I love the cigar smell and the thick smoke to me thats what cigar smoking is about ,i also smoke in my truck always with the windows rolled up get it good and smokie in there ,anyone else like to smoke up there truck or the room in there house let me know , the thicker the smoke the better. all you guys that are trying to get rid of the cigar smoke in your rooms need to become men and stop worring about it or go outside

;)

I'm a medical sales rep and speak with MD's and their staff all day long...I always have a cigar at lunch!

Axe spray...works like a fickin' champ! Kinda like colonge, but with the effect of Febreeze. Spray it all over yourself and your hair a couple of times...let it evaporate...spray again. My wife cannot smell it when I get home from work, and have never had a complaint form any of my clients.

AXE SPRAY! Find a scent you like...$6 at any drug store in the deoderant isle.

-Fetter

disclaimer: I am in no way affilianted with makers of AXE spray!

If I can't shower I usually change my shirt (I find its a good habit to always keep a spare in the car), was my face, hands and arms real good with excessive amounts of soap, and then use some Axe spray it does work pretty well. I also picked up some breath spray from a drug store that works real well to get rid of the stale cigar breath.

I find this usually takes care of any stale cigar smell that lasts after the smoke.

(Nothing beat a shower and clean change of clothes)