• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm going to be controversial here and ask

SgtDave said:
OK I will play. Explain this one to me Lumpy. A LEO that does his best to keep the world safe on his watch and make it home to his family is gunned down by some crack head that just robbed a 7-11 for $35 so he can buy a mixture of cocaine and baking soda that will get him high for about 30 minutes. We see an article in the paper and a story on the news for a day or two. He gave his life for that $40,000 a year he signed up for and we forget him in a couple of days. What the hell, he signed up for the job and knew the dangers, right!

Now we see Dale Earnhart crash his 200 mph car into a wall and die. The whole country shuts down and we see memorials in his honor at every race for the rest of the year. We even get a movie about his life.

Was someone holding a gun to his head to get into that car and race? It is the attitude of people like you that have become desensitized to the random deaths of LEO and military personnel. One man died doing a job and trying to provide for his family, the other died participating in a dangerous sport.

I think about the few friends that I have lost at my job all the time. Your comments cheapen their deaths and are insulting. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Dave
[snapback]197886[/snapback]​
well said!

This one got me pissed off all over again :angry2:
I reread the first post
It is still the most thoughtless, moronic, cold, BS, asinine, self centered, full-o-crap, logic I have seen written in a long time
Cops, Firemen, Soldiers too f'n bad when they get maimed or die . Just their job?
The woman who is killed by a deranged ex, children killed, wars etc.. of course that's tragic
Who is it confronting the evils in our world that cause such tragedies?
Oh yeah those schmucks who put their life on the line when they go to work.

Could be "non-toxic" Antifreeze isn't that safe to smoke after all

Bill

I understand what you are saying. As a member of the U.S. military I'm going to give my opinion. The people you mention are the ones who are willing to step up. Other people don't for whatever there reasons are. Some try to step up but don't make the cut. Yes these individuals do know they are risking their lives by making the choices they do. Yet they still step forward. The loss of an individual who is willing to go beyond what the average citizen would, is in my mind a tragedy. Yes they knew they were at risk but still now they are gone and no one will fill the void. Yes there will always be new recruits, but no one at all can fill that same spot. Not in the eyes of their family, not in the eyes of their friends, and not even in the eyes of the ones serving next to them. there will always be a void when some one is lost to war or mishap and that is a tragedy.

Nathan Rahl said:
It was probably a BAD idea to bump this thread. Should have let it lay in the graveyard.
[snapback]228280[/snapback]​

I disagree with you 100%. Tell ya what, from now let's just bury everything, whadda say?

coventrycat86 said:
Nathan Rahl said:
It was probably a BAD idea to bump this thread. Should have let it lay in the graveyard.

I disagree with you 100%. Tell ya what, from now let's just bury everything, whadda say?
[snapback]228342[/snapback]​

BULLY! :sign:

New to CP? Come on in and introduce yourself. This forum is for general discussion on most any topic. Please refrain from discussing politics and other "touchy" subjects, and they tend to cause flame wars.

I guess there is a reason for everything.

The original post most a valid point, one that I find extremely callous, but valid. My question is why the heck would you ask that here? Certain people can over sensationalize a member of the armed forces getting killed and use it as a reason that they should not have been put in that position and misuse it for their own gain, which is wrong. But no less wrong then saying that a death was not tragic. Soldiers will die protecting our country, it is inevitable in the world we live in. I am not trying to tick anyone off, this just strikes a personal note for me because my grandfather was left for dead, twice, in WWII and shot at and stabbed as a police officer and most of my family, including me, would not be here except for the bravery and dedication of a few men that risked their life for his. Was the possibility of death a part of his job that he knew an accepted? yes, but if it had happened it would be tragic and if you disagree then its your oppinion, your are just a freaking a$$hole that does not appreciate or deserve the protection that these brave men and women offer at the risk of their own lives.
just my $.02

coventrycat86 said:
Nathan Rahl said:

If it is very likely to start flame wars and what not, then yes let it die. :thumbs:

Nathan Rahl said:
coventrycat86 said:
Nathan Rahl said:

If it is very likely to start flame wars and what not, then yes let it die. :thumbs:
[snapback]228409[/snapback]​

It's not starting "flame wars" so what's your problem?

coventrycat86 said:
Nathan Rahl said:
coventrycat86 said:
Nathan Rahl said:

[snapback]228411[/snapback]​

I said it is likely to start flame wars. Not that any have started yet. I know there are many LEOs on this board, so it is probably a touchy subject, that's all. I don't really have a problem with it. I try my best to keep out of touchy subjects, such as this one. :)

Nathan Rahl said:
coventrycat86 said:
Nathan Rahl said:
coventrycat86 said:
Nathan Rahl said:

[snapback]228411[/snapback]​

I said it is likely to start flame wars. Not that any have started yet. I know there are many LEOs on this board, so it is probably a touchy subject, that's all. I don't really have a problem with it. I try my best to keep out of touchy subjects, such as this one. :)
[snapback]228415[/snapback]​

My guess is that it was "topped" for a pretty darn good reason that being to shine the spotlight on the person who started the thread since he seems to be carrying on his tradition of not being a very good member of this board.

Again, if you think it's good to just bury things, please continue to let us know ;)

If someone brings it up, it's brought up for a reason. Since you don't like the "flame war threads" and probably don't know what's going on (I'm not saying I'm an expert, just giving you friendly advice) stay out of it. ;) :thumbs:

Carry on guys. :whistling:

KayakinBoy said:

If someone brings it up, it's brought up for a reason. Since you don't like the "flame war threads" and probably don't know what's going on (I'm not saying I'm an expert, just giving you friendly advice) stay out of it. ;) :thumbs:

Carry on guys. :whistling:
[snapback]228424[/snapback]​

I think I will just take KB's advice and take my leave. I'll just lurk in the shadows with my popcorn. :D

Sometimes, newer members need reminders...

LOL on the queasy thing, Bill....don't use that one much!

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Sometimes, newer members need reminders...

LOL on the queasy thing, Bill....don't use that one much!
[snapback]228427[/snapback]​

LMAO, you only have to use it when you're talking about Lumpy :laugh:

SEE? And some of you guys think Lee's been doggin' ole Lumby a lot lately. This proves you're wrong :laugh:

To answer the question does one life/ death outweigh the other : YES!!!

I must admit that death is tragic.

Does one death hold more weight than another?

Well that truly depends on if that person is the Enemy- and if so...
then guess what MY LIFE, MY CHILDRENS LIFE, MY OTHER HALF'S LIFE and Those I hold dear will superceed the enemy's any day of the week.
I hate to seem cold, calculated, and tactless about it but let's face it, it's a Darwinian society- Survival of the Fittest!

My dad died a Marine- when I was 2(not in combat)but on duty.
I just kissed my man goodbye once again to go do what he does best.
I speak from both perspectives.

I grew up knowing that is exactly what my dad was expected to do, not always easy to swallow but it is what happened. As a Child I never fully understood but I now know the depth of what it means. He died for what he belived in.

It is a tragedy if a Soldier dies or a LEO dies, for they leave behind families
(no different than the mom who was shot by and estranged husband ).
Actually one has to wonder why women choose to be in those situations- but hell let's not get into that.
Some may wonder why people choose these possitions in life, to sacrifice it all for thier country and what they think is right. I don't.
I am grateful, humbled, and in awe of what these brave souls do.

SO HELL YEAH IT'S A TRAGEDY IF SOMEONE DOESN'T MAKE IT BACK TO THE ONES THEY LOVE!

Back