• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

In regard to spelling and grammar

UR welcom I hope U R having Fun here 2.
Those peeps that dont take language serius should have there buts kicked

ima going now

what really gets me is when people type like this no punctuation no capitals nothing I'm actually having a hard time writing like this must use punctuation its quite difficult to just write in crazy long run on thoughts look i instinctively capitalized my i'm and used punctuation seriously how do people talk like this it gets really bad when it's a paragraph and it gives me a headache to read i keep losing my place and having to find it again such a pain in the arse.

Phew, that was tough to do.

there's one guy over on the magnum forums that types every message like that but always starts with hello.

hello i like the rims you put on your car what size exactly are they did you get them from www.wheels.com

hello the problem you're seeing is cause by fuse number 4 located the under hood fuse box you need to take it out get it tested at an autoparts store and if its bad replace it then if you still have the problem blah blah blah

I cannot stand that.
That's bad but my peeve is the gratuitous injection of "so" at the beginning of every damned utterance. For example:

So I was feeling hungry so I made myself a sandwich. So I find out I was out of bread. So what would you do if you were out of bread? So of course I went to the Kwik-E-Mart to buy a loaf and I said to the guy at the counter, "so where's, like, your bread?" So he says "over there in aisle 3."

Aaaargh!

Wilkey

Whatcha'll tawkin' 'bout? Y'all kint unnerstan' wut Imma typin'?

My southern twang sometimes pours over into my typing. Sorry. :D

UR welcom I hope U R having Fun here 2.
Those peeps that dont take language serius should have there buts kicked

ima going now

so lollerskates fo sho matt that was hella coo n funny lmao, doc marny i am happee yoo ar injoiing ur tiem heer at sigarpas, so i hoep no botty flames me for dis, cuz wut i did? ya lol i no rite?

Some folks on CP do seem to have a low tolerance of improper spelling and grammer, but I am starting to think it is just done to hide the fact that a lot of members here can't count worth a damn.
I know this because, I'll buy a fiver, and I receives 7 or 8. Or I'm told by someone that they are sending me a couple (2) of cigars to try out, only to receive 5 or more. Shameless.

Some folks on CP do seem to have a low tolerance of improper spelling and grammer, but I am starting to think it is just done to hide the fact that a lot of members here can't count worth a damn.
I know this because, I'll buy a fiver, and I receives 7 or 8. Or I'm told by someone that they are sending me a couple (2) of cigars to try out, only to receive 5 or more. Shameless.

you may have uncovered the deepest darkest secret of CP

This thread started out good,,,,,,,,,,,then it got worser.

Golly gosh! You know a thread will turn sour when the extended usage of commas (in juxtaposition with the more commonly used thrice recurring period to indicate a pause) bares it's ugly head.

Sour grapes all around. Fetch me a vintner.

The most common mistake that I notice often is... your, instead of, you're as in, you are.

I agree with MadMonk. I'd rather get an incorrect number of good quality smokes, than smokes that suck, accompanied with a badly written note :laugh:

Sooooooooooooooooooo, what's up bro's. TGIF! :cool:

Brian

The most common mistake that I notice often is... your, instead of, you're as in, you are.

I agree with MadMonk. I'd rather get an incorrect number of good quality smokes, than smokes that suck, accompanied with a badly written note :laugh:

Sooooooooooooooooooo, what's up bro's. TGIF! :cool:

Brian

That's one of the worst because it just reeks of ignorance IMHO. One cannot claim "typo" or "I was typing to fast" on that grammatical error.

Bottom line, if you use "your" instead of "you're" you simply don't know the difference between the two.

Thank you all for calling folks out and insisting that proper (or mostly proper) use of the English language takes place here.

At first I never really noticed the point, but lately it's been so refreshing to come here and not have to decipher people's awful attempts at conveying their thoughts over the internet.

Jeep forum was never too bad, a few folks were a pain to read though.

The magnum forum I'm on, on the other hand, is a nightmare. I wonder how half the people over there even graduated high school.

Thank you all for providing me with a little grammar refuge here on the internet, I like not having to read through every post 3 times to understand what was trying to be said. It's so refreshing! I can only stare at that crap over on custom magnums for so long before I need a dose of comprehensible writing.

With the 'influx' of new members, this may be a good time to remind members that CP does have a policy/guide regarding spelling and grammar.

LINKY ok...it doesn't say 'spelling', just 'grammar'...I tink its infared!

Thank you all for calling folks out and insisting that proper (or mostly proper) use of the English language takes place here.

At first I never really noticed the point, but lately it's been so refreshing to come here and not have to decipher people's awful attempts at conveying their thoughts over the internet.

The magnum forum I'm on, on the other hand, is a nightmare. I wonder how half the people over there even graduated high school.

Thank you all for providing me with a little grammar refuge here on the internet, I like not having to read through every post 3 times to understand what was trying to be said. It's so refreshing! I can only stare at that crap over on custom magnums for so long before I need a dose of comprehensible writing.

With the 'influx' of new members, this may be a good time to remind members that CP does have a policy/guide regarding spelling and grammar.

Ahh, and these spelling errors were premeditated to help make your point? :laugh:

Ahh, and these spelling errors were premeditated to help make your point? :laugh:

You're almost paying attention! ;)

You're almost paying attention! ;)

touche.jpg

He I foreigner not speake the languish!

Ik ben een nederlander die hier af en toe rond hangt.

Groeten Rene

With the influx of new members I thought I'd bump this. When I first joined it didn't seem like a big deal, after a couple months you really start to appreciate it. The thing that irks me recently is the lack of the shift key. :D

With the influx of new members I thought I'd bump this. When I first joined it didn't seem like a big deal, after a couple months you really start to appreciate it. The thing that irks me recently is the lack of the shift key. :D

Call them out on it. If someone chooses not to abide by our rules, then they don't belong here. This isn't myspace, this is an adult community where grammar and spelling are taken seriously. Thanks for bumping this thread.