• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Indian Tabac Boxer Maduro

kevpriest

Clueless Noob
I've had a couple of these now, out of a box I picked up from CI. It's a 4.5 x 50 short, somewhat stocky cigar. Based on my experience with the some of the other Indian Tabac Maduros I assumed that this would be a fairly quick smoke with a loose draw, but this one was surprisingly dense and long lasting, with a very pleasing draw.

The construction of this cigar is well done. It's made of aged "mutt" tobacco (some Nicraguan, some Costa Rican, some Honduran) with a Nicaraguan binder. As it burned, the burn line stayed crisp and even, and the ash was tight and white. The wrapper is a dark maduro, with some veining. There's not much in the way of aroma, which surprised me, as this is a pretty strong cigar. Perhaps the spring pollen is affecting my senses?

The smoke itself was very enjoyable, to me. I didn't get much in the way of complexity, even with the blended tobacco. It's a strong little cigar, with a warm, powerful taste, but definitely not overwhelming.

I believe these are available exclusively at CI, and at a very nice price (less than $2 a smoke).

Good review...

I picked up a 10'er from C-bid a month or so ago. I smoked one and had about the same experience you did. Not bad, but not great. I've sent a couple out to others and the rest I'm gonna let sit for awhile to see what some age will do for them.

I think this is the same thing I found over at Cigar Bid.

Indian Tabac Maduro?

At least I think this is what you're talking about.

Nevermind, it's not, but I'll leave the link just in case anyone's interested in these. Are they any good?

Same cigar, different size. The boxer is a very short robusto-ish cigar, the tomahawk is more like a toro.

I've almost finished the box, and I've shared a few with friends to get a second opinion. At this point, I like 'em and I think I'll get more. I like the size, as you can smoke 'em in 30 minutes. I like the construction, although it's not as consistent as I'd like (I found a few that burned unevenly and I found the draw to vary somewhat from stick to stick). The flavor, to me, is good, but you won't be swearing off more expensive cigars.

I guess I recommend these to folks who smoke more than 1 cigar a day. If you're just smoking on occasion, buy something a more special. This is a workhorse smoke, I think.