• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Insider info about PAM 64's

I spoke with Smokeyballs this afternoon before coming home to read this post...I basically said to him what I meant this whole time. The cocoa thing was something told to me by someone I found to be credible and I thought it would be interesting to see how this discussion was going to go. I don't know either way who to believe and if it's true or not...but the fact that I observed such blind loyalty and anger to such a blasphemy of Padron is outright crazy. I love PAM 64's just as much as anybody here and like Moki said, I will smoke them becasue they taste incredible. But relax everybody... it was something told to me that I thought I'd bring up to discuss here and I guess I hit a nerve. :( Sorry...

-Fetter

fetterjohn said:
  I don't know either way who to believe and if it's true or not...but the fact that I observed such blind loyalty and anger to such a blasphemy of Padron is outright crazy.
[snapback]237984[/snapback]​

Did you observe any blind loyalty/acceptance of what one guy you know said regarding Padrón rubbing their leaves with cocoa?

This is how stupid rumors like the KFC headless chickens story gets started. One demi-credible guy spreading nonsense.*

* I will qualify that by stating that I have not personally been to the Padrón farm and I have not personally witnessed how they ferment and cure their tobacco. But I do know someone who has; he laughed when I mentioned this CocoaPuffs stuff to him. For what it's worth...

I also know that it would be considered offensive to the Padróns to have people stating they spike or flavor their cigars in the manner described in the initial post here.

I'd like to trade someone for an authentic PAM 1964 Chocolate infused Mini Belicoso. Anyone have any?

In the interests of science, I'm chewing on the endcap of a Padrón 1926 Maduro right now... I don't taste any cocoa flavor... but I do taste a bit of chestnut-ish flavor, and a musty roasted mushroom taste. So here is my conclusion:

Padrón sprinkle coats their wrappers with a finely ground mixture of roasted portabello mushrooms and New England chestnuts.

moki said:
In the interests of science, I'm chewing on the endcap of a Padrón 1926 Maduro right now... I don't taste any cocoa flavor... but I do taste a bit of chestnut-ish flavor, and a musty roasted mushroom taste. So here is my conclusion:

Padrón sprinkle coats their wrappers with a finely ground mixture of roasted portabello mushrooms and New England chestnuts.
[snapback]238041[/snapback]​

Andrew... get it right mang... we are only talking about 1964's here... start you're on 26 thread!! :D

moki said:

Sounds like it would pair well with a well aged French Burgundy ;)

:cool:

emodx said:
moki said:
fetterjohn said:
I will add though...that I can't say for certain that all of what he said is true or not...but it is awful funny how upset you all get at the thought that what you "know" could possibly not be.

-Fetter
[snapback]237925[/snapback]​

Some people here, John, have met with the Padróns, and discussed their cigars with them face to face. Some people here have been to the Padrón facilities in Nicaragua. If you're calling Jorge Padrón a liar, please be forthcoming with it.

[snapback]237942[/snapback]​
Drew, on a technical level, someone would have to ask old man Padron if he adds anything to his cigars before you could judge him a liar or not.

Second, again on a technical level, you could add cocoa flavor to tobacco without actually adding anything to the tobacco. For instance, if you were to take a cigarette and enclose it with whole bean coffee it would take on the flavor of coffee, even when the smoke does not actually touch the beans or oils from the beans.

Not supporting any of the bullsh!t that Drew raised the flag to, just playing the devils advocate.

Emo
[snapback]237960[/snapback]​

so, if I hid some of my smokes in my wife's lingerie drawer, they'd take on the subtle flavor... oh, never mind. :whistling:

moki said:

Now we're getting somewhere. No wonder these taste so good with (or after) a steak dinner.

Not trying to further this insinuation that chocolate is in padrons, but I know that in the cigarette business chocolate is a major additive.I mean they use tons of it in marlboros and vantage and most regular type cigs.You cant taste it in the least(or I cant anyway) but it is in there.FWIW this comes straight from the flavoring mixer at the brown and williamson cigarette factory here in macon Ga. I know him and have talked extensively about flavorings in cigs.They have hundreds of different agents they use but chocolate is first in quantity, of course menthol is the strongest.

I just smoked one tonight...The only chocolate is in my Ice Cream bowl. Nice smoke though, with the moon almost full and the clouds floating by.

Seamus said:
I hear they put a tiny bit of heroin in the 1926's.

At least that's my explanation to being hooked on them.
[snapback]237748[/snapback]​

sssshhhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone ???

thats cigar crack :whistling:

only found in 26's :whistling: :whistling: