• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

IQ test.....

gawntrail

I ran across this searching for something for a student.

IQ Test

Here's my results:

Congratulations, m!

Your IQ score is 133

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Tickle's Classic IQ test. Your IQ score is scientifically accurate; to read more about the science behind our IQ test, click here.

During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We analyzed how you did on each of those questions which reveals how your brain uniquely works.

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test. According to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher.

This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

For what it's worth.......

M. Gipson :)

Cute, but I'd question its validity. It's too short, and there should be random questions, IMO.

142 though, which was two points off my Stanford-Binet score.

To be accurate an IQ test needs to administered by an expert. It will also take much longer than the few minutes the online ones take.

Also, knowing your score is almost always a bad idea. I mean, everyone thinks they are smart. You take the test and either say, 'see, I knew I was smart' or, 'Oh my god! I'm dumb!'.

That being said, I have taken a test and know my score..

Wow I was going to post my results but with the skeptics weighing in.....

I'm just going to say that I, like you, gawntrail, am a "visionary philosopher" and I'd like to think I'm "very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns" :p

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. I've taken the Stanford-Binet test and had it administered by an expert (or so I was told) a few years back, and I've also taken these pseudo-tests online, I think this is my third different one. So I've taken four tests, only one which could be considered authentic, but the difference in scores from the highest to lowest was eight points. In my mind, that's a pretty tight margin, as my own human error could have just as easily factored in, like the fact I just got done with a run before I attempted this one, and my head was still a little swimmy.

But now there are skeptics about the whole IQ test concept in general, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a new measure of intelligence surface in the next five or ten years.

EDIT- Forgot to add that it told me I was also a "visionary philosopher". Maybe that's the only option. :D

Naw man we're just birds of a feather. We should start the CP Visionary Philosophers club. I could organize a pass.

I minored in Philosphy, count me in! :)

I read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, which has to count for something.

Also took a Intro to Philosophy and one point, but it was more like a history of philosophy class than a philosophy class. ???

I'd say I'm more of a visionary philosophical person, because I'm clearly not qualified as to be a philosopher. :p

"Visionary Philosopher"

I have a BA in Behavioral Science and a MS in Special Education.

IQ testing is a knowledge based process that basically tests what someone already knows. Few tests, like this one, incorporate some pattern problems and problem solving. This is known as 'ability to learn'. There really is no one way to define or measure the upper regions of knowledge. We can test 100 people and average their scores and come up with a 'norm', but that norm only holds true if each and every test subject had the exact same prior knowledge.

I am a Special Ed teacher. The law says a student qualifies for Special Ed services IF their performance scores (actual working knowledge) are 23 points or more below their ability score (IQ).

The Federal Law governing Special Ed uses this scale:

IQ Score & category

120+ above average
110-119 high average
90-109 average
80-89 low average
70-79 below average
60-69 borderline retardation
<60 sever retardation

IQ is age sensitive. If you were to score 100 IQ at age 11, and then score 100 IQ again at age 13, there were 2 years of knowledge learned. According to Educational Studies, the biggest jump in IQ is between the ages of 6 and 9. And IQ starts to flatten (remain consistant) about age 12 - 45. After 45 health factors start to weigh in and precise IQ is difficult to assertain.

A professor told me this, it is unscientific, but he stand by it......

Drink the amount of alcohol that would make you legally drunk (.08% here in CA) and then take the same IQ test you took sober. The average of the two becomes your working IQ. He defined working IQ as every day ability to recall information, solve problems, and logically predict outcomes of typical situations.....all under typical life conditions (i.e. noise, stress, elation, hardship, etc...)

I've not taken this test drunk (yet) but, I have done it in the past. I scored a 136 sober and a 105 legally drunk. That gives me a working IQ of 120.5. A decent above average score under life-like circumstances.

This working IQ sounds to be more of a practical score than the typically sterile IQ score. How many of us problem solve with no stress or environmental factors affecting us?

Those of you who don't drink.........stay up 4 hours past your normal bed time and then take the test........sleep deprivation and drunkeness have roughly the same effect on your cognitive abilities.

M. Gipson :thumbs:

AA - Hazardous Materials Management
BA - Behavioral Science
BS - Environmental Science - Hazardous Materials/Waste
MS - Special Education
MS - Public School Administration

**Alphabet soup looks good on a resume, but really means **** (but is good for getting bumped over on the payscale). Each area is currently very fluid. If you don't keep up, the knowledge becomes outdated. The 'shelf life' for each field I have a degree in is about 8 years (meaning - the core material to obtain said degree will dramatically change each 8 years due to new information and the confirmation, evolution, and debunking of current information).

They can never take them away, but after 8 years - unless you stay current (take courses) you are no longer considered an expert. (Expert = professional witness, consultant, mentor, etc..)

Hummm,

your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician.

Did you hear the one about the constipated mathematician, he worked it out with a pencil. :sign:

Wildcard said:
I read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, which has to count for something.
Me too!

I took FAR too many philosophy courses. Like, enough to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I don't like philosophy aka Intellectual Masturbation. I did like that book though.

geldor--LMAO! I'm totally using that one.

Congratulations, mike!
Your IQ score is 127

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Makes sense since I cleped out of english in college and have a 98% success rate in grant writing (industry average is 25%). I am very picky on how newsletters, etc are worded.

Recieved a 135 and categorized as a 'Visual Mathmetician'.

Way too short to be accurate IMO.

Up in the stratosphere but it still doesn't land me a *&%$ job.

High enough but below what I've scored in the past in official tests. For things like this what you ate for breakfast can have an effect.

For a true test of personality take an MMPI or the newer MMPI-2 sometime when you have a day to kill.

Congratulations, Michael!
Your IQ score is 129

your Intellectual Type is a Precision Processor. This means you're exceptionally good at discovering quick solutions to problems, especially ones that involve math or logic. You're also resourceful and able to think on your feet.

Well, I have had test administered by qualified people and taken a few on line. My score today was 161, most test I have taken averaged about 5-8 points less. I think alot of people misunderstand what an IQ is, its not now smart you are but how capable your brain is. There are lots of Mensa level people who have problems functioning well in society. Then on the other hands there are just as many who are just a few steps above a rock and function better than most of us. Just because your IQ is through the roof or in the basement doesnt mean that you will do very well in school or be a drop out. Like in HS I was bored to death, hated most of my classes and felt no challenge. Consequently those classes I barely skimmed by in. But for the classes that challenged me, I typically averaged over 95% for the semester. Since HS and being able to pick and choose classes that interested me and I wanted to take, its rare that I am ever out of the top few in a class. For the record, yes I am the bastard that finishes test in like half the time of most, never takes notes, and doesnt seem to every pay attention.
Now the MMPI, working in public service we are required to take it as part of your hiring process. It has nothing to do really with intelligence, its simply a written test to tell in writing what your personaility is like. Its kind of a quick way to get to know someone without actually meeting them. If you have never taken it imagine answering like 500 questions that a large majority repeat in a different form and all are like "Do you like it when your mother wears a red dress" "Do you like your mothers red dress" etc etc. The scariest part is that after answering some of the most riduculous questions you have ever read, when you get the results the are scary. My results hit my personality dead on. I couldnt believe with out talking to me until after the test how good this test interperts you and your psyche.

wow, lots of ramblings and not much sleep.

see ya
ads