• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I've never had Opus...Review

boltonic

Banned
The weather was perfect out today in South Jersey so after my run I decided to go outside and enjoy the Opus X No.4.

The cigar looked great with no flaws. A couple veins but it looked great. The pre draw was very smooth. The thing I noticed when I light the cigar was the smoke. It was probably the bluest smoke I have ever seen and continued through out the whole time. The smoke was very thick too. I had water as a drink since I wanted to just taste the cigar and nothing else. It was a mild to medium cigar. I say medium since there was a little spice to it. I didn't take any pictures so sorry about that. I have to say that for the price there are better cigars in my opinion. I would smoke this again but on special occasions. I do have a couple more Opus X coming to me from a trade and I will let those sit in my coolador for awhile. I like to thank klipsch for this cigar. It was very generous of him to do this. Hopefully he will appreciate this review.

People either hate these or love these. I personally love Opus. The only one I ever thought was mild was a 4 yr. old one. The taste was amazing.

Wow, my first post.

For myself I've found that the Opus is pretty overrated; fresh out of the box anyway. Although, I will say that probably one of the best smokes I've had was an Opus that I let sit in my humidor for a little over a year. So with that I would say that Opus age better than a lot of cigars. I honestly couldn't believe it was the same cigar after just that short time so I look forward to seeing what one tastes like after two years.

The onslaught of pepper was dulled down quite a bit which is what I was hoping would happen. there were also rich notes of mocha and a natural sweetness that just really seemed to come through the entire time I was smoking it. Really awesome. I guess I've never really paid much attention to the color of the smoke on the Opus but I'll look for it when I smoke another one. I might have one today now that you got me thinking about it.

Back