• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jaguar "C" Type

CoventryCat86

Corresponding authority
Jaguar only made 54 of these cars between 1951 & 1953 and they were primarily used to race at LeMans (Jaugar won LeMans in 1951 & 1953 :thumbs: ). There are many replicas out there but I went to a Jaguar show at Limerock Park in Connecticut last weekend and there was a REAL one there (#014). It is owned by Skip Barber, with the driving school of the same name. These cars are essentially priceless but I've heard that they sell for over $1,000,000.00.

This was a unique experience, here's the photo:
jcna0196-5.jpg

I was parked a few cars away:
[
jcna0196-26.jpg

That is a good looking Jag you have there CC. :thumbs:

If you ever get it down to Texas or Oklahoma for a car show, let me know cause I want to go for a ride :D . I have never been in a Jag in my life.

I saw a new Jaguar on the xway today and it was the worst color on a car I have ever seen. It was this ugly blue grey. I went to the Jaguar website and it looks like its called Zircon. It looks better on the monitor than it does on the highway.

Very nice car cc. Iam also a jag lover. I have the baby jag x-type! I love the car but I think Iam going to get the s-type R ;)

-matt

Had a chance to buy a 66 XKE in 69, went for a 63 vette instead. ??? Had it to do over again I'd take the Jag. Nice car CC. :thumbs:

Nice looking car CC. I've always had a thing for Jag's one day I will have one.

LMAO, I just noticed, there is a person in the passenger seat with a cigar sticking out of his mouth :sign: I wonder who that is? It was kind of breezy that day and I had to get in my car to relight my cigar.
I did not know when this photo was snapped or who actually took it, I just ran across it on the jcna website and linked it here.

smokers only said:
Very nice car cc. Iam also a jag lover. I have the baby jag x-type! I love the car but I think Iam going to get the s-type R ;)

-matt
I think you should go all out and get the XJR :D

I got a chance to test drive one of those at the event at Limerock Park, a VERY NICE ride :thumbs:

I like you picture of the burn run with the Mustang :0

Had the pleasure of riding in a jag for the first time recently. On a business trip to bumble**** MA. Took the shuttle to Boston and had a nice hour drive in a rented XJ8 to get to where we were going. Sadly I didn't drive. :( Was very nice though. Of course it was a 2004, so you won't be interested in it for like 20 years. ;)

Are you coming to Palmers next weekend, and are you driving the jag? :D

I have always said one day I will own an old E type, early enough so it doesnt have the little bumperette around the nose.

nice pics

ads

AH, I can't make it to Palmers because we have our club's yearly car show/slalom/dinner on Saturday and Sunday :( 6/12 - 6/13.

Unfortunately, I'll be tied up all day Saturday and Sunday.

Oh ads47, ya mean NOT like this one?
764321931623.jpg

These are the Series III E Types from from 1971 - 1974. They were the ones with the 12 cylinder engine :thumbs:

Wascal said:
Had a chance to buy a 66 XKE in 69
Wow, your OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOld... Do you fart dust? :D

coventrycat86 said:
Jaguar only made 54 of these cars between 1951 & 1953 and they were primarily used to race at LeMans (Jaugar won LeMans in 1951 & 1953 :thumbs: ).
CC you stud! my granddad Woolf Barnato was the only guy to ever win LeMans 3 years in a row. Drove Bentleys....29 thru 31 i think.

barney

servebig said:
coventrycat86 said:
Jaguar only made 54 of these cars between 1951 & 1953 and they were primarily used to race at LeMans (Jaugar won LeMans in 1951 & 1953 :thumbs: ).
CC you stud! my granddad Woolf Barnato was the only guy to ever win LeMans 3 years in a row. Drove Bentleys....29 thru 31 i think.

barney
OMG :0

WOW Barney, that is WAY TOO COOL :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

1928, 1929 & 1930 and yes Bentleys :thumbs:
Actually an Audi pulled a "Hat Trick" in 2000, 2001 & 2002 but up until then, Woolf had been the only three time winner.

bowdown.gif
to your grand father :thumbs:

lemanswoolfbonartofrankclement.jpg

The "Bentley Boys" Woolf Barnato & Frank Clement

yeah...at one point he owned bentley...sold it to RR

an audi?!?!? pffffffffffft :sign: