• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Je regrette...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuromancer

Banned
Unlike the episodes of the last few days with another user who has now been banned in several places, and will remain nameless here, I choose to walk a different path...I told my self I was not going to post here again, but I felt that this post was necessary...I have been thinking about recent events, and I want to sincerely apologize for the words I have had with a couple of you, and for my transgressions of a few months ago...I regret the remarks I made to some of you, and the ensuing commotion it caused at the time...I do not, however, regret having a difference of opinion about, and defending, a local B&M that has been very good to the cigar smokers in So.Florida, yet, I do regret my words with some of you over this, and other matters...not that it matters here, but elsewhere, someone called my mother a whore...this set me thinking and I choose to take a higher road in all of this...I do not expect this to change the opinion any of you have about me, or by it, to welcome me back with open arms...that's not what this is about...this is something I have to do for myself, because regardless of what you think, I know I am better than that...so, to all of the members of this board, again, I sincerely apologize for any words I've had in the past with some of you and for the mistakes I made here...no matter what anyone says about me, now or in the future, my part in it will not happen again...

A journey of 1000 miles starts with one step.

Just today, I was thinking how pleasant this forum has been lately without all the call-outs and apologies and other assorted drama...

I'd still like to see an apology that doesn't contain at least one backhanded shot at someone. Seems to be a trend...

The Master said:
I must have missed this episode, can anyone clue me in?
[snapback]290338[/snapback]​

You didn't miss anything, and I for one am glad 99.999% of this crap is behind us.

Have you noticed how few replies there are? You can read a ton into that. With nothing positive to say, most chose to be silent. I rode the way-back machine and read every post you've made here. Some of what you posted, frankly, seemed to be below you.

I agree with Eric - its tough to be contrite while taking a shot. If you're into intrigue and strife, you might go and visit a pro wrestling board.

Maybe the wisest among us is AVB. Its a first step, albeit unsteady. I hope to learn more about cigars from you, so I hope you're ready to teach.

edit: originally quoted The Master. Made it look like my comments were directed at him so I removed quote.

Neuromancer said:
Unlike the episodes of the last few days with another user who has now been banned in several places, and will remain nameless here, I choose to walk a different path...I told my self I was not going to post here again, but I felt that this post was necessary...I have been thinking about recent events, and I want to sincerely apologize for the words I have had with a couple of you, and for my transgressions of a few months ago...I regret the remarks I made to some of you, and the ensuing commotion it caused at the time...I do not, however, regret having a difference of opinion about, and defending, a local B&M that has been very good to the cigar smokers in So.Florida, yet, I do regret my words with some of you over this, and other matters...not that it matters here, but elsewhere, someone called my mother a whore...this set me thinking and I choose to take a higher road in all of this...I do not expect this to change the opinion any of you have about me, or by it, to welcome me back with open arms...that's not what this is about...this is something I have to do for myself, because regardless of what you think, I know I am better than that...so, to all of the members of this board, again, I sincerely apologize for any words I've had in the past with some of you and for the mistakes I made here...no matter what anyone says about me, now or in the future, my part in it will not happen again...
[snapback]290121[/snapback]​

I thought this might be another one of those cases where it's good to quote someone before they go back and edit what they said in the first place. Of course with some italics to emphasize what some folks have said about selective apologies being BS.

My favorite is towards the end when you say
to all of the members of this board, again, I sincerely apologize for any words I've had in the past with some of you

Which one is it? Would you like to make an apology to the whole board and attempt to become a member in good standing? Or did you just come back to the board in an attempt to get in the last word, again?

What's the smell? ???

Oh it's Neuro's b.s. reeking from that apology... :laugh: :rolleyes:

I think a member from another board says it best: Here :whistling:

For those that don't know this nutcase, here's a nice little guide on him: Here :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.