• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Job go Bye-Bye

Best of luck on your move. Any other decision wouldn't be logical. As has been said before, lower cost of living, higher pay, and after a while better marketability later on. No down side, your family will understand. :thumbs:

My god-brother is actually in that same predicament, except it's his long time GF that's making the move from LA to NY. It's no doubt that a move like this is going to give you great experience that will be invaluable in the future. I say try-it out and if you don't like the position you can always move back.

Strangelyfamous

Andrew,

It was a pleasure meeting you at the DC Herf. Sounds like a great opportunity and you know what they say about opportunity...

Good luck!

Joe

Wow, thanks for all the encouragement guys. I'm definitely leaning towards the job, ESPECIALLY since they countered my offer with MORE pay than before LOL! YES MORE CIGAR PURCHASES!!!!!!!

Everyone made good points, and it's definitely a HUGE growth potential for me within my company. My potential manager was telling me that they are grooming me to be upper management and that I'm in the fast track (being the only one under 30). My company has treated me well in the 3 1/2 years I've been here, so I definitely have reservations leaving and looking for something new.

Thanks again, and I will keep you guys posted. I'm currently looking at this 6 bedroom 5 bathroom house 4 miles away from my work. I can actually have a cigar slumber party at my place one of these days (if that didn't sound too ghey!).

Andrew

Not knowing anything about your family size.....do you really need a house this big? The upkeep will eat into a big chunk of that raise.

I'm currently looking at this 6 bedroom 5 bathroom house 4 miles away from my work. I can actually have a cigar slumber party at my place one of these days (if that didn't sound too ghey!).

Andrew

Not knowing anything about your family size.....do you really need a house this big? The upkeep will eat into a big chunk of that raise.

I'm currently looking at this 6 bedroom 5 bathroom house 4 miles away from my work. I can actually have a cigar slumber party at my place one of these days (if that didn't sound too ghey!).

Andrew

Unless he's planning to make the extra bedrooms in humidors and smoking areas!! :D

Ray it's the new triple wides, the upkeep is cheap on them!

Andrew

The funny thing is, my GF and I were about to pull the trigger on a 3bed 2bath townhouse w/ 2-car garage in Sterling, VA..........until this stuff happened. This 6bed 5 bath 3 car garage house is $100k cheaper than the townhouse we were going to bid on LOL!!!!!! So, it won't take a chunk off my raise, BUT it's definitely too big a house for just my GF and I.

Will probably look into a townhouse in downtown area with a 2 car garage............save the bulk of my paycheck for those "special" smokes.

Anthony, thing is, those triple wides are easy to relocate, so if this job doesn't work out I gotta make friends with some truckers to move my home. LOL!

Ray it's the new triple wides, the upkeep is cheap on them!

PS - I did accept the job. Just faxed and inter-officed the offer letter! West Virginia HERE I COME!

The maintenance/utilities will be much greater on that large of a house, though. Ever had to replace a roof? Buy windows? Flooring? Just thinking about replacing the roof on a house that large gives me a queasy feeling.

I personally wouldn't spend money on more space than what is needed. Having the money doesn't necessarily mean one has to spend it...