• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JR and CI shipment question

DKAudio

I have ordered some sticks from JR and CI recently. I noticed that they put no type of humidification device in the package and everything is cello'd and sealed shut. I am just wondering, do they stock their cigars in a large humi or a warehouse? How is the RH proper from when the sticks are made, shipped to a distributor and then shipped to me?

Thanks

Dan

Places like JR and CI have warehouses/distribution locations were the whole thing is kept at 60-70rh. As for your sticks not shipping with a humi pillow or pouch that’s not uncommon. They well be fine, just let them rest for a week- 2 weeks.

I think that you will find that it's the norm, rather than the exception when you do not find one of these devices in your shipping box. Considering the close quarters that your goods would have with the very wet humidification media, and the fact that a taped cardboard box wouldn't really hold humidity anyway, you may be better off without it since there is no real reward and an increased risk of damaging the sticks (albeit small).

I have never had cigars that I ordered online shipped with a humidification device in the package (unless it was put in the cigar box at the factory, of course, as some are). The cigars were (IIRC) always sealed in a ziploc bag with the air pretty well squeezed out, so I doubt if they lose a problematic amount of humidity. As Mrepp said, if you just put them in your own humi for a while to let them stabilize to your preferred humidity they'll be fine.