• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kansas City, Here We Come...

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
Alright, if we're going to do something that does not coincide with an Outlaw event, we should plan here and not in the Padron event thread.

First things first: I call dibs on Brent's couch. Don't worry, Brent, I only sleep nekkid during the summer. I wear socks in the spring.

What's the date on this shindig?

New York for New Years Eve,
New Orleans for Mardi Gras,
Las Vegas for the NCAA Basketball tournament,
Cincinnati for Reds opening day,
Louisville for the Kentucky Derby.

Kansas City for what, when?

The possibilities are endless...

Just say you're not coming already and be done with it.

Either of the other two weekends in May works well. The only weekend in June with an event is June 24-25. Or you guys could come that weekend for Rocky Patel. :laugh:

I'm hoping the wife and I can make it to the Padron event for '11....

I vote for the earlier weekend as first choice, but I can attend either weekend.

Lol. Alan, maybe you should specify why you started this thread in addition to the one in the Lobby.

I think the weekend of May 21 would work for me. It looks like it's Mother's Day the first weekend, son's bday party the second, the 21st, and then the Holiday. How does that work for anyone else?

I'm hoping the wife and I can make it to the Padron event for '11....

I see you typed some words, but them seem to make very little sense...

<Aside> Did he just say, "Wife" <\Aside>

Any day besides Jantober 37th works me.

I'm not sure when finals are spring semester, so perhaps the third weekend in may would be a safer bet for me, but it's not a deal breaker if I have to miss a final or two :thumbs:.

Either of the other two weekends in May works well. The only weekend in June with an event is June 24-25. Or you guys could come that weekend for Rocky Patel. :laugh:

Actually, what I'm saying is that if you're not pairing the herf with a cigar event then what is KCs signature event for people to attend? Pair up with something going on in town.

So, what is there and when?

Actually, what I'm saying is that if you're not pairing the herf with a cigar event then what is KCs signature event for people to attend? Pair up with something going on in town.

So, what is there and when?

Nothing. KC sucks, just stay away.

Bsneed51 said:

Fine, Brent. Trying to suggest a weekend where something cool is going on in town seemed like a good idea to me but, hey, if you want to make sure that I don't want to be there then fine, I can take a hint.

Bsneed51 said:

Fine, Brent. Trying to suggest a weekend where something cool is going on in town seemed like a good idea to me but, hey, if you want to make sure that I don't want to be there then fine, I can take a hint.

I don't know what you want me to tell you Stu. Our annual gathering in KC has nothing to do with going out and finding something cool to do. It's about hanging out with the guys that you talk to on here everyday. It's about sitting around sharing cigars, drinks, and stories. It's not about events, parties, baseball games, or anything else. As far as what happens here that would be like the Kentucky Derby, Mardi Gras, or Vegas? There isn't any, so if that's the only reason you can justify coming to the event and hanging out with us, then there is no other draw.

...so if that's the only reason you can justify coming to the event and hanging out with us, then there is no other draw.

Wow, bro. Why so defensive and offensive? I've spent a few hours in KC in my life, that's it. Certainly the primary, 99.99% reason to be there is to herf it up. Yeah, I've been to plenty of herfs in all manner of places. Pardon me, as a potential visitor to your town, for asking if there are any cool events in your city that might be of interest to me as a person who would have to travel 10 or more hours by car to get there. This question has nothing to do with justifying a trip but rather with enriching a trip with local flare that I have never had the chance to enjoy.

Keep this up and I might have to drive out there, handcuff myself to you and challenge you to keep up with me in drinking bourbon...all while I read books written by Eastern European philosophers!

...so if that's the only reason you can justify coming to the event and hanging out with us, then there is no other draw.

Wow, bro. Why so defensive and offensive? I've spent a few hours in KC in my life, that's it. Certainly the primary, 99.99% reason to be there is to herf it up. Yeah, I've been to plenty of herfs in all manner of places. Pardon me, as a potential visitor to your town, for asking if there are any cool events in your city that might be of interest to me as a person who would have to travel 10 or more hours by car to get there. This question has nothing to do with justifying a trip but rather with enriching a trip with local flare that I have never had the chance to enjoy.

Keep this up and I might have to drive out there, handcuff myself to you and challenge you to keep up with me in drinking bourbon...all while I read books written by Eastern European philosophers!

All I'm saying is if you're looking for New Years in New York, Vegas, Kentucky Derby, or something similar, KC doesn't have it. You want to come to KC for Royals opening day? NASCAR? Open weekend of deer season? Then I can hook you up.

All I'm saying is if you're looking for New Years in New York, Vegas, Kentucky Derby, or something similar, KC doesn't have it. You want to come to KC for Royals opening day? NASCAR? Open weekend of deer season? Then I can hook you up.

Oh, I will be there...just expect some handcuffs, bro. If I were you, I would be exercising my liver.

Jeez Brent. You could take him over and let him watch the coffee get freeze dried, or down to the industrial section to watch the rust accumulate.

Cigars, friends and BBQ. 'Nuff said!

Hayzeus Marimaba! Let's try to get this whole thing off to a worse start. :rolleyes:

The "draw" is just as Brent described. I suppose the local flare would be BBQ. Other than that, we just kind of hang around, smoke cigars, and give each other shit. If that's not enough of a draw, maybe an event weekend would be better suited. Yeah, our lives are so dull that this is actually exciting to us and more than a couple think it is worth the 1200 mile drive there and back.

I guess I should clarify that this thread was started in an effort to get something together for those of us that normally make it to the Padron event in May who cannot make it this year due to the holiday. I started this thread so we wouldn't clutter up the Padron event thread anymore than was already done.

If a plain ol' get together with some great folks isn't your thing, no worries. Go to the Padron event. Or the Fuente event. Or one of the many others. We are not trying to take attendance away from the Padron event. We are not trying to draw a bunch of people on a different weekend. Anyone is welcome, but this isn't a "come on this date instead of Padron." It's a "If you can't make Padron and you'd like to meet up with guys from CP, this date will be available."

Someone suggested we do it via PM. I thought it would be nice to do it in the open so others could join us if they liked.

The third weekend works fine for me. I'll be down sometime Thursday, just like last year either way.

Holy crap Stu! You leave the handcuffing to me please!

For me, the draw is getting all these chumps into one room so I can field all of their insults at once and then deal out some mucho deserved ass kickings for all the shit I get.

That and to annoy Burtch. Oh and rub Alans beard. Oh and rub Brads head. Nevermind, I've said too much.

Holy crap Stu! You leave the handcuffing to me please!

For me, the draw is getting all these chumps into one room so I can field all of their insults at once and then deal out some mucho deserved ass kickings for all the shit I get.

That and to annoy Burtch. Oh and rub Alans beard. Oh and rub Brads head. Nevermind, I've said too much.

Oops, I didn't mean to get between lovers and their polyamorous pursuits! Maybe I will head over to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum to give you some time to rub on these guys. I have an old Cincinnati Clowns jersey and I'm intrigued by the talent in those days.

My guess is that after an hour or two of my radical banter the collective group will pay my cab fare and admission fee to send me across town...just ask Steeler fans how much they would pay to be rid of me! :D

I'm not sure when finals are spring semester, so perhaps the third weekend in may would be a safer bet for me, but it's not a deal breaker if I have to miss a final or two :thumbs:.

If a Philosophy test was given and no one was around to take it, would it make a noise?

So it sounds as if May 21 might be a good weekend. Should we plan on staying around the North store for the most part? I'd like to limit my exposure to Kansas as much as possible. It's contagious.