• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kayakinboy

ggiese said:
I leave it to the community.... Should PuroBrat and/or Oblik be added to the scumbag trader list? Any thoughts, pro or con, would be greatly appreciated.
[snapback]217460[/snapback]​

Hell yes they should be added. It's a no brainer from where I'm standing. Scumbags come in many shapes and sizes. Trading cigars is not rocket science. I've made my share of mistakes as I'm sure most of us have but I've always made up for them asap. The brotherhood needs to be protected from bad traders and that includes those who take advantage of the broad generosity and easy going attitudes of the community in general.

The disclaimer at the top of the scumbag page about not taking scumbags from other sites will be removed. Since we are now taking people like Obilik and Purobrat from here, that statement no longer applies.

Harris, I guess I was wrong on saying that Brandon and Herb were the only two that should be able to say yes or no to me being on the list. I said I deserved to list because of my mistakes. How am I being "hollow and transparent" in my apologies if I say that I deserve to be on the list and I'm a bad trader. ???

Have I ever stolen from anyone on this board or any other? - No

Have I ever done wrong in a trade and not give what was owed? - No

Have I made the mistake of putting myself and my things before my obligations? - Yes!

There is no question that I feel sorry for that. Herb (although it's en route) and Brandon have gotten/ if not they will by next week, have what was owed. Everyone I owed, has what was owed. Do I owe anyone else? No, I do not. Bad trader? Sure, I have messed up BIG time, and I've told people on every trade since this thread ever started, you can have my end first. I said put me on the board because I am guilty of being late. I got in over my head and I am sorry. That's that. I'm tired of this. I'm on the list and this is just getting old. Everyone is/or should be getting, what is owed.

Communication is always key, if anybody learns anything from this thread, I hope that they learn that.

ggiese said:
I leave it to the community.... Should PuroBrat and/or Oblik be added to the scumbag trader list? Any thoughts, pro or con, would be greatly appreciated.

yep

The Master said:
The disclaimer at the top of the scumbag page about not taking scumbags from other sites will be removed. Since we are now taking people like Obilik and Purobrat from here, that statement no longer applies.
[snapback]217468[/snapback]​

Good luck with the self imposed police job of the cigar BB's. I sure hope it proves to be a benefit for all.

Brent

KayakinBoy said:
Communication is always key, if anybody learns anything from this thread, I hope that they learn that.
[snapback]217470[/snapback]​

Well KB, what I have learned is that your name, PB’s, & Oblik’s names just became mud for just about every Cigar Board worth joining. Congratulations!

If you wish to file a complaint go visit CF.

Brent

ggiese said:
I think PB should be added, just due to his neauseating moochiness.

I also want to note that KayakinBoy owes me well-thought out reviews of two cigars I sent him. They aren't due yet (I recommended leaving them naked in the recipients' humis for a week) but I guess you could say this is another obligation of his. Hopefully it is one of the first that allows him to reestablish some kind of trust to become the first person to ever be removed from the list.

A quick thank you to Master for taking the time to get into all this, and contribute on other threads as well (he's not here just to talk about scumbags). I am also very glad to see communication between boards, and the opening up the the most famous cigar scumbag list on the internet to nominations from members of CP.

I don't know how many of you remember this but when we tried to report someone to your list Master and were spurned, Rod started his own site calledcigarthief.com. Looks like the two will now merge, which is great.

Just my last .02 cents here:

I've been on the various cigar boards for about as long as most of the 30+ age group. (And there are others who have been on the boards a lot longer.) It's probably been about 5 years, since 2000. I lurked on the various sites before first joining CF. And am now on CW/CP/and Cwise. I've earned the high achievement of dismissal from Cigarweakly, BOTL, and sisterhoodoftheleaf.

We're all sitting behind a keyboard, so it's very difficult to gather up all the facts and make a decision about a person. Additionally, one person may treat two people completely different and that is where it gets complicated.

In regards to this situation, though I don't believe that KB is a scumbag, I think that the decision to place him on the list is best handled by Harris and Gary.

Harris has been on the various boards longer than most, and over the years I have come to realize that he is excellent at "rooting out the rats." Additionally, his knowledge base with regards to cigars is unparalleled.

I'd only make the following suggestion: Harris, if KB is going on the list for a few minor infractions, shouldn't people like Jckposter who actively deceived people be put on the list also?

It's really nice to see the various sites cooperating for a change. Every site has it's own merits, and they can each complement each other. Thus far, the only site that has shown active resistance to cooperation is Cigarweakly and it's a damn shame.

Lastly, John... you're a nice guy and I hope you clean this mess up. Perhaps someone can help "mentor" you or oversee your trading for a while. I helped Sir Smokes (Michael Leopold) and he improved tremendously. It doesnt always work.. I tried with Lastzap, and it just didn't work at the time. But, perhaps someone else is helping him now at cigarweekly... I dont know...

morenoloco, I don't know the circumstances regarding Jckposter, but all you need to do is SS Ormazd with the details and we'll put him on the list by your say so. Thanks for the kind words in regards to my ability to root out the people whose only purpose in being on cigar BB's is to take advantage of others.

I think it is great that we can have 2 BB's like CF and CP working together to protect people from getting taken by scumbags. Places like Cigar Weakly who protect slime are no friend to BOTL's.

I wanted to update everyone. My package from KB has arrived. It was packaged nicely, and the sticks are in good shape. KB, I appreciate the gesture.

Cup

The Master said:
morenoloco, I don't know the circumstances regarding Jckposter, but all you need to do is SS Ormazd with the details and we'll put him on the list by your say so. Thanks for the kind words in regards to my ability to root out the people whose only purpose in being on cigar BB's is to take advantage of others.

I think it is great that we can have 2 BB's like CF and CP working together to protect people from getting taken by scumbags. Places like Cigar Weakly who protect slime are no friend to BOTL's.
[snapback]217706[/snapback]​

LOL@CW=Cigar Weakly

Good show