• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kayakinboy

Allofus123 said:
Cheat, theif..... NO

Slow to complete obligation and failure to follow through..... YES
[snapback]216956[/snapback]​

That about hits the nail on the thread. I guess it depends on what your definition of a "scum bag" is. Maybe change the list title to reflect that it also includes poor traders?

i.e. Poor Traders/Scum Bags

???

Allofus123 said:
Cheat, theif..... NO

Slow to complete obligation and failure to follow through..... YES
[snapback]216956[/snapback]​

agreed.

Since the thread happened I tried to fix everything I've done wrong. I've not mailed anything else out late since then and I've done a fair amount of mailing.

Also, I honestly thought InThaCup had received the package and until this started again, I never thought he hadn't. I am sorry for that.

Going on the list is probably something I deserve. Maybe one day i'll come off of it. For the past I do deserve to go on the list, but since this thread I have honestly tried my best, and haven't had any complaints. Herb, again, I'm sorry.

symyn said:
I am still going to trade with him. I am currently in a buyers club that he is in charge of and until he ****s me over, I am ok with having him lead it up.

I still don't understand the timetable of inthecup's issues with KB, because if it wasn't in the last 2 months then it is my understanding that KB cleaned up his act.
[snapback]216954[/snapback]​

First off your statement that if he doesn't owe you money everything is OK is pretty sad. I suppose its OK with you if he owes someone else money? You clearly don't get it.

I'm also at a lost as to how you keep trying to blame this on inthecup...as if it is his responsiblity to insure KB took care of his obligations? Some of you people never cease to amaze me. :rolleyes:

KayakinBoy said:
Since the thread happened I tried to fix everything I've done wrong. I've not mailed anything else out late since then and I've done a fair amount of mailing.

Also, I honestly thought InThaCup had received the package and until this started again, I never thought he hadn't. I am sorry for that.

Going on the list is probably something I deserve. Maybe one day i'll come off of it. For the past I do deserve to go on the list, but since this thread I have honestly tried my best, and haven't had any complaints. Herb, again, I'm sorry.
[snapback]216959[/snapback]​

That was very well said KB. Doesn't excuse the past but I didn't detect you asking for it to be excused.

symyn said:
I am still going to trade with him. I am currently in a buyers club that he is in charge of and until he ****s me over, I am ok with having him lead it up.

I still don't understand the timetable of inthecup's issues with KB, because if it wasn't in the last 2 months then it is my understanding that KB cleaned up his act.

It doesn't matter who is out. All that matters is that someone had an issue. KB dropped the ball again. This should matter to all on here.

I agree with what Allofus123 said.

Bro all I am saying is that he hasn't ****ed over anyone in the last 2 months, so in my honest opinion he cleaned up his act. Nothing in my statement said it was ok to **** over another BOTL.

I am not blaming it on inthacup, but if someone hadn't sent me something for over 3-4 months I would defineatley pm/email them.

symyn said:
I am still going to trade with him. I am currently in a buyers club that he is in charge of and until he ****s me over, I am OK with having him lead it up.

Does it really matter how long ago it was? To only have a clean record for two months ain't saying that much anyway.
Trade or buy with him as you wish. Herb has every right to be pissed and to air his thoughts here.
Maybe inthacup was giving KB the benefit of the doubt and just kept waiting and waiting and suddenly 2 months went by and now its time to say something.

I know for a fact that KB is making trades on other boards as we speak. I just hope they are trades to make up for what happened here.

Rich

KB I hope you don't go on the list man. Please take care of your obligations and maybe slow up a bit.

Rich

I put up a warning over at CF telling people to make sure he sends his end first.

Since he has not been late with anyone at CF, it is the judgement of this BB whether he gets on the list.

If anyone wants my opinion here it is, take it for what it's worth.

There are others on the scumbag list who also had a history of being late with trades. If you are more than a week late in my opinion it makes you a bad trader. If you are months late it makes you a scumbag. His history of making more than just a couple of people wait more than a month for their end shows a complete lack of respect for his fellow traders, it also shows a serious lack of character.

I don't ever want to hear excuses like life got busy, I was in the middle of a trade once and my father died, I had the package out the day after his funeral. You start a deal, you finish it with no cheap ass excuses.

KayakinBoy said:

[snapback]216959[/snapback]​

KB,

I too along with alot of others thought you had this all cleared up. Have you mailed out Herb's new replacement package. This thread has been alive for at least two days, plenty of time to get to the PO(I would have went UPS or FedEx more expensive but better tracking) and you have not said one way or the other. I would think you have already mailed it and if that is the case post the DC number here for everyone to see and everyone can watch it clear this round and we will be back to the normally scheduled program.

I for one was going to get into the group buy with KB he knows he mess up in the past and hell he even let this slip through finances just did not alow for it at the time. HOWEVER, knowing he did this in the past he asked a FOG to assist with the Group Buy so everything would go as planned. I second mrjingles Poor/Slow/Bad Traders list. I think KB is a good guy just had a few issues to work through and playing catch up can be a real PITA.

Just my .02

I think the question we gotta ask ourselves, is would we still trade with this guy after everything that has happened?

For me I say No. I have been shocked when we finally found out what the hide looked like after the hair was gone. While short of stealing from someone, his actions show a complete lack of respect for the members of this community.

Multiple mistakes over a short period time and the inability to correct these mistakes are a lack of maturity on KB's part. KB was given credit over a month ago to clean up his mess and move on from this brouhaha. It was very generous on everybody’s part to do so... but it seems like he has not learned it yet.

In country terms:

This dog won't hunt.

BGarv3 said:
Have you mailed out Herb's new replacement package.
[snapback]216988[/snapback]​

Yes, it says that a page or so back.

I'm not asking for pitty on this issue. for now on I don't mind sending my end first, and I've done ALOT more sucessful trades than the couple that have gone bad. Excuses are getting old. I said sorry. If I go on the list, that is fine. I deserve. It should be up to Brandon and Herb to decide if I hit the list or not. I dont' see how some people who have been here a month can make that descision, most importantly, if I've never dealt with you. Sorry, that's my thought. Brandon and Herb, and anyone else I've done wrong, contact that master and voice weither I should hit the list or not. This and CF are the main to sites (and the only sites) I've ever traded on and probably ever will.

The Master said:
... His history of making more than just a couple of people wait more than a month for their end shows a complete lack of respect for his fellow traders, it also shows a serious lack of character.

I don't ever want to hear excuses like life got busy, I was in the middle of a trade once and my father died, I had the package out the day after his funeral. You start a deal, you finish it with no cheap ass excuses.
[snapback]216981[/snapback]​

Yes life does happen and sometimes it can really be overwhelming and it doesn’t care if you’re in the middle of a trade or pass. If things get rough while someones counting on you to send your end, then you send your end as soon as you possibly can and stay out of any other deals until your crisis is over.

Keebler is a really good guy but a really bad trader, that qualifies him for the list. I don’t think KB or anyone else who desires it is beyond redemption, but in order to be redeemed in the eyes of your brothers, one has to work diligently to do whatever is necessary to earn that redemption. That’s just the reality of human nature. Yeah, he has been making an effort to clear his reputation, but he neglected to take care of what was probably his oldest outstanding debt on this board. Misunderstanding? Maybe, but most others would’ve made it right even if Inthacup had said not worry about it. Did this one fell through the cracks while KB was working to clear his name? Maybe, but I don’t think that makes Inthacup feel all warm and fuzzy about it. The diligence just isn’t there.

John should your name be added to the list, your goal should not be to get off the list. Your goal should be to grow in character into the kind of man who would never belong on the list. That’s when your name will be clear.

Peekay said:
I think the question we gotta ask ourselves, is would we still trade with this guy after everything that has happened?
[snapback]216992[/snapback]​

An even better question to ask yourself is "Would you still trade with him if the issues brought before us had happen to you".

I'm staying out of calling this one though I'm sure nobody is kidding themselves as to which way I would lean. If no one has noticed, a majority of the FOG's have stepped away from the baby sitting chores. Plain and simple its tiring to be constantly challenged when these issues come up. The attitude of I didn't get screwed so why should I care is a very dangerous approach. Its time for the new crop to decide the way they want CP to be.

BTW Peekay, well said!

My dilemma is this.

Once your name goes on there for a reason. Your entire credibility is gone. And there will be no way to redeem yourself. Once you are assocaited with a bad rep it will stay with you forever.

I think this list should be reserved for complete scumbags..ppl who steal from botl..ppl who cheat botl and ppl who are on this board to rip botl off.

For examlpe.. Would I be considered a bad trader..

YES to some on this board i would.

I have been late in group buys..due to vendor conflicts and items being out of stock so the splits dont always go on schedule.

I have also sent out a package, someone had purchased and the usps lost it.

And I recently did a trade with a newer member. To which he was not satisfied with the conditions of the sticks...

I have made good on all of the above problems but it took extra time and $$$ out my pocket to make up for the problems.. Time and money which is precious to all of us.

But it seems like the things I have done would land me as a bad trader.. But I am not. SO i still think that list should be reserved for true dirtbags.

It all comes down to communication. If you communicate the entire span of the trade, the other person will be understanding. WE all know shiz goes on and things happen. Be up front and honest about what's going on and communicate every step of the way.

I can't speak for Herb, but if KB would have communicated w/ me, I would have been more understanding.

That was sort of my feeling too Alex. I mean, what qualifies someone as a "bad trader"? Who makes the rules? If anyone is unhappy with a trade they did it would be all too easy to say "I'm nominating this person for the Scum Bag List - he's a bad trader". Even though that may not be the case in the grand scheme of things (i.e. one off deal, bad attitude, etc.). How many bad/slow trades before you are on the list? 1, 2, 10? I personally feel things could get way out of hand right quick. That said, it is not my list and I guess who ever is administering it needs to make the decisions. A lot of cases are clear cut (i.e. a history of poor trading) but some will not be.

KayakinBoy said:
Yes, it says that a page or so back.

I'm not asking for pitty on this issue. for now on I don't mind sending my end first, and I've done ALOT more sucessful trades than the couple that have gone bad. Excuses are getting old. I said sorry. If I go on the list, that is fine. I deserve. It should be up to Brandon and Herb to decide if I hit the list or not. I dont' see how some people who have been here a month can make that descision, most importantly, if I've never dealt with you. Sorry, that's my thought. Brandon and Herb, and anyone else I've done wrong, contact that master and voice weither I should hit the list or not. This and CF are the main to sites (and the only sites) I've ever traded on and probably ever will.
[snapback]217000[/snapback]​

Sheesh....sometimes my friend its best just to STFU.

You went from posting a sincere apology and acceptance of responsibility to telling us who should be judging you? Preembargo offered some good advice....

Alex, the difference in your trading issues are far far from the issues being discussed here. There is not one thing in the trades you mentioned that would classify you as a bad trader.