• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Legal/ illegal Moonshine

whopper said:
Perfect timing Jonesy.  I was just getting ready to head to the Liquor store.  I'll have to grab a few of these and test it out. 

My understanding was the stuff you buy in the store is legal because it has to be 100 proof or less...and anything over that was not legal for purchase/ consumption.

Here, we have Shine on Georgia Moon...only 80 proof though.
Palmetto Moonshine makes a 105 proof White Lightning that's available in stores. http://palmettomoonshine.com/home.php

If you want some good stuff, I could always bring a little Ethyl Alcohol home from work...... :laugh:

Their last picture in the home page slide show makes me want a tour!  ;)

So I also went and bought some Midnight Moon last night(just turned 21 so why not, right?) but I bought the apple pie. It tastes like cinnamon toast crunch to me, but I like it. The one I bought was only 70 proof.

Jonesy said:
My understanding was the stuff you buy in the store is legal because it has to be 100 proof or less...and anything over that was not legal for purchase/ consumption.

Here, we have Shine on Georgia Moon...only 80 proof though.
Palmetto Moonshine makes a 105 proof White Lightning that's available in stores. http://palmettomoonshine.com/home.php

If you want some good stuff, I could always bring a little Ethyl Alcohol home from work...... :laugh:

No Bacardi 151 in your neck of the woods ? 

I bought a couple of the Palmetto unflavored jars.  $ 30.00 a pop . :0

I gave one to a buddy of mine and we opened his jar and tried some.  It will warm your innards that's for sure.  It's not much on the flavor but not undrinkable either.

I just drank fire!

The strawberry has a great aftertaste. This will be a good jar to pass around at a summer party or a the QSH...

Im glad to see others sharing this same interest in 'moonshine'. I have learned a few things so thanks for the comments gentlemen. 

Tall Paul said:
I just drank fire!

The strawberry has a great aftertaste. This will be a good jar to pass around at a summer party or a the QSH...

I just busted out laughing reading this. . .

and pictured this in my head when I read it (Ralph got a hold of my Blueberry Moonshine)

How's it taste...... "My mouth taste like burning"-Ralph Wiggum
tumblr_l7kum37jqL1qdoghio1_500.png

Also, late night at the QSH around a small fire with a bunch of mason jars and cigars sounds like a party to me. Im in...

We will be camping over for sure so bring a tent ill bring the firewood!

I think Everclear is still legal in Texas. I needed it to sterilize equipment for a field collection. I haven't looked in Florida.

#2, an old professor said in grad school his class mates and he would get the pints of 200 proof and make some trashcan punch every Friday.

I have a F'ed-up story related to alcohol. My grandfather told me this one. Before anti-freeze (as we know it today) was invented, alcohol was used in the radiators of cars. During WWII in the winter, occasionally he would hear some noise near his car in the middle of the night. Thought someone was trying to steal the car or parts. Lo and behold, there was some dude underneath the car. My grandfather would ask WTF are you doing? Politely he would reply sorry sir, I was just trying to get a drink. John

y pop was gifted the raspberry Midnight Moon.  As Ralphie Wigham put it,  "It tastes like burning!!"  Not much for interesting flavor.  It has nice isopropyl alcohol nose to it.  The fruit was horrible.  The shine I had in college was stiff, but much more palatable.

That stuff you're buying in the stores is just distilled spirits that hasn't been charcoal mellowed.
I've had the real thing from the hills of Jonesy's neck of the woods and was disappointed when I tried the stuff from the ABC store.
Got to give credit to whomever decided to cash in though.
The real deal is pretty interesting to say the least. Not bad with strawberries or peaches to tame it a bit. I learned not to sit on it for long, as the fruit will make it turn rancid and you'll end up dumping the jar.

wow, i spend an hour on this thread and then i realized i was at work.    back to work.