• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Level of Bile?

coventrycat86 said:
SFG75 said:
Bill, let me be the first to tell you that you're an @$$. :D  :D  :)  ;)  :p
[snapback]160369[/snapback]​

BIG difference between you and oaky there Scott ;) You know a lot but don't act it. With him it's the exact opposite :laugh:
[snapback]160378[/snapback]​

Hey, I'm married, I'm an old pro at pretending to be dumb. ;) :p :whistling:

SFG75 said:
Hey, I'm married, I'm an old pro at pretending to be dumb. ;) :p :whistling:
[snapback]160424[/snapback]​

Poor, poor Dawn..... She can't even tell when your pretending hugh...............

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

CC:

"Pathetic"? Do you really see no good points in my post? I miss this place when it was a little nicer and I actually do come here because it is the nicest cigard forum, and I think you go overboard on the level of aggression. Do people deserve it? Possibly or even probably - but do they deserve that level or could you accomplish the same thing if you toned it down a little?
Do you really see no good points in my post?
No Ed, I don't. I guess that's where you and I have a difference of opinion. Your post shows that you are out of touch and have a lot to learn.

I don't "pick fights" just for the hell of it. Please cite an example where I did. You obviously admitted you were wrong when you accused me of
you seem to have led an assault on that other board
because you have absolutely nothing to back that statement up with.

and a large proportion of your g'zillion posts a week are boiling with anger
Please define "large proportion" since none of my posts "are boiling with anger"

You've become an leader or auxiliary member in every drama/bile thread on the board
EVERY thread Ed? Once again, you cannot back up your false statements.

I'll leave you with your
gaggle* of hookers
what's your wife think of you hanging around with hookers?

So I will repeat my answer to your question:

NO I see no good points in your post. There may be a minor point or two but it's lost in the blazing inaccuracies and downright falsehoods.

Oak-I can see where you are coming from. When someone has a beef, my first thoughts are: "Good god man, couldn't you have done it with more tact?" To be honest with you, when I first joined, I had a view of some people here as just troublemakers who really need to clam down. Now, I still have those ocassional thoughts after reading a particularly harsh flame post, but then after awhile I step back and try to think of the shoes that the other person is in. If you're ccat, I think you would be more than justified in having a beef with one or two people. I won't re-hash specifics, but let's just say that ccat is hardly one to just fly off the handle. I tease the guy a lot, and I haven't been flamed yet. He does have a sense of humor. He is a guy of his word and I think there are countless people on this board that would agree with me on that point. I've done business with Bill, and he fulfills his end of the bargain. It's when a person doesn't fulfill their end of the business, or if they get too goofy on things like passes or other transactions, that he rightfully calls them on it. Why?-because it affects him directly and that is the purpose of a self-moderating board!. When has someone been unfairly picked on?.....DaveWF?......PuroBrat?........who!. ??? ??? ???

Believe it or not oak, there is a tolerance for differences of opinion on this board. Yes, I've had my fair shares of typing fisticuffs with people that were obviously in the wrong, but I've disagreed with the majority on a few other instances. There are some members here who have caught the wrath of others that I have personally defended. This is a good site and I applaud you for taking your position. At the same time, I think you need to step back and consider what you would do if you were ccat and you felt you were stiffed or upset that a member defended someone who broke the rules here and then left to be a mod. Of course maybe I'm wrong, perhaps those things are excusable and we all should just let them happen. Others who PM you have a righ to speak up. It's a shame that they don't since this is a self-moderating board and they could probably bring some ideas to the table for discussion.

gibu-What's with the double post?? My god, you're getting to be like that post-slut Randyb1!. :p ;) :laugh: :laugh:

:sign: :sign: :sign:

coventrycat86 said:
I'll leave you with your
gaggle* of hookers
what's your wife think of you hanging around with hookers?
CC:

She thinks I'm joking with that reference. Did you not think I was joking? Even with the references to a murder and an army? Did that really need a bunch of emoticons around it to be clearly an attempt at humor? Why would you use that as an attack point? Why does everything have to be an attack point?

I'm not trying to win or lose this, and this doesn't have to be a battle or even a debate - it can be a conversation. If this can only be a battle, then I surrender now and would say this: If everything has to be a battle, then that is a big part of the "level of bile" problem I was referring to.

Let me hit a few points:

1) You are correct and I was wrong: You are not involved in "every" drama-bile thread. You did not "lead" or perhaps even participate in the attack on the other board. I still think you are approaching most of your interactions on this board with a very aggressive and defensive attitude.

2) What I was trying to say, "This board is turning nice guys (you) into flame-throwing machines, and I thought that people like Servebig are the root of it. Can we come up with a better way to self-govern that doesn't create this kind of atmosphere?" The answer to this question appears to be (so far): "no, this is how self-governing is going to work. It is messy and ugly some times: suck it up."

3) I singled you out for exactly one reason: I thought you were the most visible example of a nice guy turned into a flame-thrower (hey - I assume you're still a nice guy - I'd just like to see it).

4) To go back to what several people said, and as I clarified in my last post: I am not arguing about who deserved to get poked. I'm saying that I think that a minor poke is far too often turning into a full-on assault. I'm saying that the "level" of bile is getting higher and higher, and I don't think that is a good thing. I'm saying that, as adults, restraint is supposed to be part of our skill-set, even in the imaginary land of the Internet. Lastly, I was looking for other opinions on it.

5) Who cares if I'm 30? Is there a point behind this - do you honestly think that I have less of a right to an opinion on this topic because I'm 30 vs. 40 vs. 50, etc?

6) Inflatus: What exactly do you want me to expound on, or did the above answer your questions?

Lastly, I will try and respond to anything you want to discuss as quickly as I can - but I can't respond in the lightning-fast fashion that you can. I would also ask that you respect my PM on the use of my real name. Posting real names, addresses, IP addresses, etc - is potentially harmful to some of us.

- Oak

So Oak, you're basically flaming the flamers... that about right? Oh nevermind...

All you people PMing me begging me to neuter Oak... please stop it.

NA

Where are all of the strong, silent types Oak? I love the part when we take out the trash on here and then the cowards start pming the sad sap, stating they support you! Bah!

Be a man and quit hiding in the damn shadows! Allot of us continue to keep this a nice board in fact. We're not afraid to put it out there and take the heat, unlike these chicken-****s who hide behind their pm's, talking a good game!

If you don't like it, don't read but don't come in here whining about it!

SamClemmons said:
So Oak, you're basically flaming the flamers... that about right? Oh nevermind...

All you people PMing me begging me to neuter Oak... please stop it.

NA
[snapback]160451[/snapback]​

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

-You're killing me Neal, stop it!. Oh dear God, someone make him stop!. :laugh:

BTW-They're all flamers.....especially gibu :p ...not that there is anything wrong with that. :whistling:

I told ya, we shoulda had CCat neutered long ago; he wouldn't be spraying so much now.
If ya had only listened to me...

Oak, If it is such a lousy, sucky place why are you still here? Just go away.
I have been on quite a few boards, and this place is calm and easy to deal with compared to many.
If you are always haveing problems with all these people maybe you need to look at the source....oh thats right YOU...go away, bye.
I dont see how you possibly get along in the real world if you cannot except peoples faults and move on.

I would also ask that you respect my PM on the use of my real name.

Okay I would ask that you stop posting lies and falsehoods about me

Edward

:laugh:
I still think you are approaching most of your interactions on this board with a very aggressive and defensive attitude.

Kinda NOT like you, huh?? Your "most" line is wrong once again....

Posting real names, addresses, IP addresses, etc - is potentially harmful to some of us.

Gimme a break, if it's "harmful" to you then don't post on public BB's Ed.

Just wondering, how is it "harmful"?

Why does everything have to be an attack point?

There's that word again "everything", huh? Why do you continue to make stupid posts? And before I you howl about "flaming", please read carefully at how I used "stupid." I said "stupid posts" I did not say YOU are stupid, we'll let others draw their own conclusions on that ;)

Mephiston said:
I have been on quite a few boards, and this place is calm and easy to deal with compared to many.
[snapback]160459[/snapback]​

Good idea Mephiston. :D that's it, I'm leaving!. Screw you all!, :angry2: I'm heading on over to Let's Talk Cigars. :p ;) Besides, I think it's still not too late for me to jump in on the "flavored swishers" pass. :whistling: :laugh: :laugh:

:sign: :sign:

SFG75 said:
Mephiston said:

Good idea Mephiston. :D that's it, I'm leaving!. Screw you all!, :angry2: I'm heading on over to Let's Talk Cigars. :p ;) Besides, I think it's still not too late for me to jump in on the "flavored swishers" pass. :whistling: :laugh: :laugh:

:sign: :sign:
[snapback]160468[/snapback]​

Me too, maybe I can be a mod over there :sign:

Hey Scott, what do YOU like to eat with your cigars :0 :laugh: :laugh: I've also got some grape White Owls for ya ;)

You know, there is absolutely no joking or carrying on in this thread. That's really sad. Why can't it be any better.? :whistling: :whistling:

Grape white Owl!!?? Oh man, I LOVE grape!!. Hook me up ccat, would ya?? Food wise, I prefer to eat Chinese while smoking my cigars. Yeah, I think they'll have you be a mod over there, you know a lot about the white owl line of cigars, I think you'll be worshipped as a god or something. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Those hand-made long filler cigars?....completely over rated. Stick with machine made short-fil cigars. I can't believe the people on this site flipping out over Cubans and powerful Honduran/Nicaraguan cigars. What a bunch of amateurs we have here. :whistling: :rolleyes: :laugh:

coventrycat86 said:
I would also ask that you respect my PM on the use of my real name.

Okay I would ask that you stop posting lies and falsehoods about me
I thought I set that straight in my last post when I said I was wrong and you were right on that. If not, I'll try this: I overstated your involvement in several events completely in my first post. My apologies.

coventrycat86 said:
I still think you are approaching most of your interactions on this board with a very aggressive and defensive attitude.

Kinda NOT like you, huh??
I agree with this point. I am definitely the pot calling the kettle black right now and as Sam said, I am "flaming the flamers". I don't do this often (first time in well over a year, I think), and I did it to try and make a point.

coventrycat86 said:
Posting real names, addresses, IP addresses, etc - is potentially harmful to some of us.

Gimme a break, if it's "harmful" to you then don't post on public BB's Ed.

Just wondering, how is it "harmful"?
It is potentially harmful (I'm not saying it is some super-high-risk activity or anything) in a variety of ways, including:

1) People with jobs that do regular background checks don't want their online life becoming part of the context for the investigation.

2) People might not want their opinions associated with their employers.

3) People who want to avoid cyber-stalkers and identity-theft folks. This is potentially dangerous to that person, or possibly to their family/kids. If I seem paranoid, let me be clear that I don't think you can be too cautious with things that could affect your family.

4) An overall concern about privacy is another reason. This is just a good practice/habit to have.

One piece of information on one board can be used as a link to other scattered bits of information, and it is not terribly difficult to put together a pretty full profile on someone as a result. High-risk? No. Un-necessary risk? IMO, yes.

The only reason you know my real name is because I did a newbie trade with you. Posting my name isn't a huge deal or anything, it is really just a privacy practice I do as a matter of course. I don't think that I should have to stop using Internet BB's completely because I have this expectation of privacy, and I don't think it is an unrealistic expectation that the people I trade with on this board would keep my name private. I poked you first though, so I'll take what I get.

I'm done with this thread. I didn't do a good job, and my point wasn't made and isn't going to get made with more bickering. Sorry I offended you in the process. I do think you add a ton of value here, but I think you'd add more if you'd take a less caustic attitude or show more restraint and/or tact (note I didn't say "stop").

Lastly: to Mephiston - I didn't and don't have any problems with anyone in my post. As far as I know, they've never had a bad word to say about me before this thread. I don't think the board is sucky or lousy, but I think it could be better. I think trying to make things better is part of our responsibility as members of the board.

Cheers,

- Edward

servebig said:
frankly, i think what needed here is a new a$$hole poll... :p
[snapback]160467[/snapback]​
No need... I am now holding your ass up as the new bottom of the a$$hole totem pole... :laugh:

Isn't this the point where the homo-erotic jokes start flying? That is the customary way to end these threads... no? :sign:

servebig said:
frankly, i think what needed here is a new a$$hole poll... :p
[snapback]160467[/snapback]​

LOL-You have a good sense of humor yourself Barney. How about four options of one name...you know...like they did in Hussein's Iraq. :D :cool: Gotta know how to make the options so that you always win. ;)

Mephiston said:
what the...?
agree with oak or not, like his delivery or not, I see what he's doing as communicating about what he sees as a problem with the board.
there's infinite analogies that one could put out there that would expose this comment of yours as foolish. I'll refrain, because I think it's painfully obvious.

If you are always haveing problems with all these people maybe you need to look at the source....oh thats right YOU...go away, bye.
are you kidding?
unless this is an attempt to suck-up to people who you think might agree with you, I'd just hope that you're kidding. but I don't see any emoticons helping to suggest otherwise.

I dont see how you possibly get along in the real world if you cannot except peoples faults and move on.
...and unless you know him any more than anybody else on this board (I certainly don't know him at all, apart from his posting in the threads), then it makes sense why you'd not be able to see how he could or couldn't "get along in the real world if he cannot except peoples faults".

again, it's communication. we should all feel free to participate in it, but I think it's very weak to chastise another member for wanting to communicate his concerns or complaints.
pointing out why you think he's incorrect or inaccurate is more than fair, in fact, it's what keeps members in check, but this just struck me as ridiculous.