• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liga Privada No. 9 by Drew Estates

Thanks for the review Shawn.

It sounds like I will have to track down a couple of these.

Thanks for the outstanding review! :thumbs:

Oh. I'm saving up, too! :D

Steve

so it sounds like this drew estate is the only one worth buying? :)
Well, this certainly captures how I feel. It is simply of a different class from that perfume-infused, K-Mart grade tobacco used in all their other stuff.

Wilkey
Agreed... though unless the goal is to add prestige to the "Drew Estates" moniker, I think they may have been better served spinning off a new brand (ala Acura/Lexus, etc.).
That goal wouldn't be far off from having Jose Garcia blend up a special "Don Pepin" crafted White Owl. Doesn't make much sense as the target markets and brand identities are so disparate. I certainly think the Liga P9, and subsequent releases of that ilk, would have been better served by a different brand.

Wilkey

Very nice review! I agree wholeheartedly with your opinion of this fine smoke. I had one a few days ago, and I'm pacing myself so I don't smoke them too fast.

Great review Shawn! Thanks! :thumbs:
Awesome pictures. It was a nice sunny 90+ day here in Texas as well.

Very nice review and very nice pics. I currently have one in my humi resting for a few weeks (Thanks Brewmeister!) and now I don't know how much longer I can wait to try it out. :) Of course, it might get expensive for me after that, but such is life!!! Thanks again!

Don
IMO, these have not needed downtime. If anything, the piquancy and sweetness of the CT Broad is well worth experiencing now when the cigar is punch and fresh.

In a word, go for it!

Wilkey

Agree 100%

Great review..... :thumbs:

I was gifted one of these by a generous BOTL and had set it aside. Now it would seem I need to dig it out and put the flame to it.... :cool:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Great review..... :thumbs:

I was gifted one of these by a generous BOTL and had set it aside. Now it would seem I need to dig it out and put the flame to it.... :cool:

Cheers - B.B.S.
Please do, Tom. I'm curious to hear your take on this cigar.

Wilkey

Did a little research, and you are right. Expensive.
Sounds like we need a group buy to cut the costs.

Thanks for the review, I'll have to try one.

I knew this cigar wouldn't disappoint. Guys...let me know if you need anymore. Just got in a new order with several boxes.

Israel
Uptown Cigar Co.

I knew this cigar wouldn't disappoint. Guys...let me know if you need anymore. Just got in a new order with several boxes.

Israel
Uptown Cigar Co.
Do it! I got both of my batches from Israel and they're what convinced me. :love:

Wilkey

Wow, sounds like I need to make a stop by the shop with the huge Acid section to see if they have any of these.

Wow, sounds like I need to make a stop by the shop with the huge Acid section to see if they have any of these.

Out of all the retailers (2000 or so) that carry Drew's cigars, only about 50 carry the Ligas. Smelly...let me know if you need any.

Israel

Out of all the retailers (2000 or so) that carry Drew's cigars, only about 50 carry the Ligas. Smelly...let me know if you need any.

Israel

I'd buy a box or two if I had any room in my humidors. Alas... :/

Got my box on the way Thursday. Thanks Shawn! :thumbs:

BTW................Tower Cigars is now a dealer too. :thumbs:

Glad I could help you out bro, Mark is good people :)

Glad I could help you out bro, Mark is good people :)

Mark Just got five four :whistling: boxes of 24 in, and two boxes of 48 in. He's got a NICE price on these for CP members, and excellent service to boot. :thumbs:

Thanks Mark!

Disclaimer: I am in no way afilliated with Tower Cigars, just a happy customer.

Mark Just got five four :whistling: boxes of 24 in, and two boxes of 48 in. He's got a NICE price on these for CP members, and excellent service to boot. :thumbs:

Thanks Mark!
Damn, this does not come at a good time. :angry:

Thanks,Mark! :thumbs: :D

Wilkey

I know why it's so, but it still amazes me how slow this cigar was to catch on. I guess it goes to show how strong people's opinions of Drew Estates were.