• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liga Privada No. 9 by Drew Estates

Someone please chastize me for resurrecting this thread (9 months old) so we can get it out of the way. I used search instead of a new post, and this was perfect.

I picked one of these up from Holts on Friday, and in their box, they had #9 sticks ranging in wrapper color from what is pictured in the beginning of this thread, all the way to a deep dark nearly black maduro. Being the maduro lover I am, I grab the darkest one I could find. I do agree with all the reviews, that cocoa buttermilk/almond joy flavor suits it well, and seeing my newb status and not being familiar with Drew Estates, I will absolutely buy this cigar again, but.....

What is with the color variance on the wrapper? Anyone with a box of these with a noticable swing in color? I'll take a photo at Holts this thursday to show you what I mean, its a bit scary....

Your a bad boy for resurrecting this thread! :sign:

Since you did I have noticed the last couple of these that I have smoked did not have the white ash of the first dozen or so that I smoked. I didn't notice any difference in the wrapper though. Anyone else run into this?

Ken

Someone please chastize me for resurrecting this thread (9 months old) so we can get it out of the way. I used search instead of a new post, and this was perfect.

I picked one of these up from Holts on Friday, and in their box, they had #9 sticks ranging in wrapper color from what is pictured in the beginning of this thread, all the way to a deep dark nearly black maduro. Being the maduro lover I am, I grab the darkest one I could find. I do agree with all the reviews, that cocoa buttermilk/almond joy flavor suits it well, and seeing my newb status and not being familiar with Drew Estates, I will absolutely buy this cigar again, but.....

What is with the color variance on the wrapper? Anyone with a box of these with a noticable swing in color? I'll take a photo at Holts this thursday to show you what I mean, its a bit scary....

Your a bad boy for resurrecting this thread! :sign:

Since you did I have noticed the last couple of these that I have smoked did not have the white ash of the first dozen or so that I smoked. I didn't notice any difference in the wrapper though. Anyone else run into this?

Ken

I recall my ash as pretty white, in line with the pictures posted. What color is the wrapper of your #9s? The color of the picture in this thread, or significantly darker?

What color is the wrapper of your #9s? The color of the picture in this thread, or significantly darker?
Here's 4 side by each in my humi...

gallery_9635_1135_247681.jpg

What color is the wrapper of your #9s? The color of the picture in this thread, or significantly darker?
Here's 4 side by each in my humi...

gallery_9635_1135_247681.jpg

Nope, mine was much darker, even darker than the Ashton maduros. When I say it was black, I mean black. I didn't make it yesterday to holts, I was at Cigar, Cigars (Rebel Valley) in Horsham, and wow, what a great place (nice stock of Anejos and Opuses, and not insanely expensive).

Looks like you're hiding a good amount of VSGs in that box, but that Enchantment in the lower left looks to have a damaged wrapped. I'd be happy to run it through a new disposal system I just picked up and get back with you on the results :whistling:

Looks like you're hiding a good amount of VSGs in that box, but that Enchantment in the lower left looks to have a damaged wrapped. I'd be happy to run it through a new disposal system I just picked up and get back with you on the results :whistling:

Maybe you can do a quick visual of the top tray, and let me know if you see any other defects I should send for disposal as well? ???

gallery_9635_1135_149790.jpg

Maybe you can do a quick visual of the top tray, and let me know if you see any other defects I should send for disposal as well? ???

Wow, you need a gremlin removal system in there, theres just damaged stuff all over!!! The WOA (on the right side, but to the left, next to the AVO which also seems to have a flawed label) looks to have a few beetle holes, and whatever that dark belicoso looking thing in the lower right is looks to have a flawed wrapper too!! I hadn't noticed before, but the 1926 on the right has a cracked foot.

I think I should just stop over your house with the disposal system, but it takes Woodford 1838 for fuel..... :whistling:

Otherwise a beautiful humi, you have great taste ;D

Wow, you need a gremlin removal system in there, theres just damaged stuff all over!!! The WOA (on the right side, but to the left, next to the AVO which also seems to have a flawed label) looks to have a few beetle holes, and whatever that dark belicoso looking thing in the lower right is looks to have a flawed wrapper too!! I hadn't noticed before, but the 1926 on the right has a cracked foot.

I think I should just stop over your house with the disposal system, but it takes Woodford 1838 for fuel..... :whistling:

Otherwise a beautiful humi, you have great taste ;D

:laugh: That's my maduro humi for the most part. Other humi's are in my profile gallery. The very dark sticks are RP Edge Battalion's and Missles...highly recommended. If you're (or any member for that matter) ever in the area, let me know and you can have your pick of anything to smoke, except the Paddy 80th's ;)

You probably picked up one with the parejo oscuro wrapper

Thank you Los. I wasn't aware there were different wrappers on the #9. Enjoyed it though!!!

:laugh: That's my maduro humi for the most part. Other humi's are in my profile gallery. The very dark sticks are RP Edge Battalion's and Missles...highly recommended. If you're (or any member for that matter) ever in the area, let me know and you can have your pick of anything to smoke, except the Paddy 80th's ;)

I'll pick up an Edge on my next trip to the B&M. They look yummy!!

Thank you for the offer, now I just need to find a reason to go to Rhode Island. If only there was a Quahog tour, I'd be all over it and I'd even buy ya a beer at the Clam!!!

You probably picked up one with the parejo oscuro wrapper

Thank you Los. I wasn't aware there were different wrappers on the #9. Enjoyed it though!!!

Not what I meant to say. The size, parejo oscuro I find it to be the darkest of the line.

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure it was a robusto, but what would I know? Wayyyyy too much spanish for my english speaking ass. it all confuses me. ???

It's an inch difference I think...who knows, it probably was a robusto :laugh:

if its an inch longer, now that you mention it, then yes, I think you are right.

hail to the bronx greatness!!! :D

Glad you liked the review :)

Since I plan on grabbing another box of these (down to my last two) can someone tell me if there is a difference in taste between the wrappers?

Glad you liked the review :)

Since I plan on grabbing another box of these (down to my last two) can someone tell me if there is a difference in taste between the wrappers?

I did Wurm, and agreed with what I tasted, but I don't have a very developed palate.

I'm certain there is, I read (on the internet, so it has to be true :whistling: ) that 60% of a cigar's flavor comes from the wrapper. I like 'em as dark as possible.

LOL yeah...

I don't want the #9 to change flavor though... I love them just the way they are.

Where in Philly are you?

I grew up in Upper Darby before we moved out to Exton PA.

LOL yeah...

I don't want the #9 to change flavor though... I love them just the way they are.

Where in Philly are you?

I grew up in Upper Darby before we moved out to Exton PA.

Still in Exton, or is the Germany part real?

I live in Somerton (far NE), and grew up in Lower Bucks.

Home of record is now Downingtown, but I live in Germany.

Chester County boy from the age 0f 7 onwards.