• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

"Lightning" Bolt

Bsneed51

Habitual Threadjacker!
I didn't know it was possilble to win the 100 meter dash by over 10 meters. Bolt set the world record, and coasted to the finish. That was unreal.

What's unreal is that he decelerated in the last 15 meters and still blew everyone away. I think he quite possibly could have ran a sub 9.60 if he would have ran through the finish.

Simply amazing. This man is an absolute monster. I shudder to think how low the record can go if he stays healthy and continues to develop his strength and technique.

On the other hand, it was sad to see Asafa Powell self-destruct like that.

Wilkey

That top gear that Bolt found about the half way point was unbelievable. He looks like a distance runner but is unGodly fast on a sprint.

Fastest man alive. But also the most moronic behavior displayed I have ever seen from an Olympic Athlelete, what an embarresment!

Fastest man alive. But also the most moronic behavior displayed I have ever seen from an Olympic Athlelete, what an embarresment!

That's what I was thinking. His coach should beat him silly!

C'mon...we don't beat either of you, do we?

:laugh:

-------------------

I missed his race, but the other 21 y/o from Jamaica won the women's race! :thumbs:

I couldn't believe it. He was almost jogging when he crossed the finish.

He did act like an ass.

Maybe sprinters are taking cues from NFL receivers when it comes to behavior.

Definitely UNBELIEVABLE but give the man some slack. One, he is only 21 two, it was jamaica's first gold medal, and three he couldn't believe no one was around him. He had reason to jump up and down! I probably would do the same and I'm 35.

Imagine doing what no one else in the world has done and just walking away calmly saying thank you. We probably won't see another dominate performance like that again for a very long time. My hat goes off.

Definitely UNBELIEVABLE but give the man some slack. One, he is only 21 two, it was jamaica's first gold medal, and three he couldn't believe no one was around him. He had reason to jump up and down! I probably would do the same and I'm 35.
I feel as you do. He wasn't even supposed to run the 100. Jamaica has a strong tradition in track and field (thank you, NPR) and this was his first appearance on such a grand stage. Perhaps the grandest in track and field. I can easily forgive him his exuberance. And what I saw as he made his way around the track after the race was not arrogance but genuine, unfettered joy.

He is a phenomenon and with proper coaching and management and continued good health, could become one of the greatest in history.

Wilkey

I didn't think he acted so badly. The whole scenario was completely alien to him. His mom is there balling and dancing and losing her shit in general. Country's first gold medal. Lots of shit going on, not to mention sprinters have bigger egos than attorneys.

Good for Jamaica. Now maybe they can be known for something other than marijuana, crime, and that bobsledding movie.

Good for Jamaica. Now maybe they can be known for something other than marijuana, crime, and that bobsledding movie.

Rasta man, rasta.......oh yeah and that one singer, last name Marley or something.

I enjoyed watching him in both races.

I find it sort of hard to believe that he hadn't already run that fast in practice, but his coaches might have suspected a record-breaking performance was in store from someone else, too.

Breaking records incrementally is not exactly a new thing; it's been done in most jumping and lifting sports, especially when you have a dominant no. 1 athlete. Not to mention that going at peak power for an elite athlete is a risky thing. Connective tissue snaps, muscle tears, bones break with that much power being generated. No one in the athletic community begrudges him the premature deceleration, or at least no one that wasn't racing against him. :)

Agreed he was a bit of a grandstander but damn he is fun to watch.

I don't know what to say about his performance in the 200! I just can't believe it. He may be the only person that will EVER have a chance to break that record(19.30). WOW

Now its time for the women to step up and break the record in the 100 or 200. They can't even get close to the records that have stood since 1988! I already know that no on in this Olympics is going to do it.

I don't know what to say about his performance in the 200! I just can't believe it. He may be the only person that will EVER have a chance to break that record(19.30). WOW
Wow indeed. And he also implied that running all the heats prior to the finals wore him out and gave him doubt. Give the guy some rest, a shorter schedule of qualifying heats and we should see his times dip into the low 19s for sure. Amazing. Such a shame for Spearmon though.

Wilkey

Wow indeed. And he also implied that running all the heats prior to the finals wore him out and gave him doubt. Give the guy some rest, a shorter schedule of qualifying heats and we should see his times dip into the low 19s for sure. Amazing. Such a shame for Spearmon though.

Wilkey

I think that was more game talk. He took it easy in the qualifiers and saved his energy to awe the world in the final. Besides, when have schedules ever been that different for the Olympics? Was 2008 more strenuous than previous years?

Bolt is a superathlete, a true phenomenon.

I like it when he starts out with his 10 foot strides and accelerates in front of everyone. It looks like he is going so slow and then Wam, he is flying!