• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for prayers/thoughts/etc for my grandmother...

{tpc}

Professional Poker Tournament Loser
Got the call last night, my grandmother, who is in a nursing home has gone unresponsive. She hasn't been doing very well the past couple weeks or so, and my mom said its probably only a matter of time, but I guess I thought it wouldn't happen so fast. About a week ago she went into the hospital, because she essentially lost all circulation in one leg, and they were talking about amputing above the knee, but because of her age (91), and condition (congestive heart failure - which I just found out about) they felt she wouldn't make it through the surgery.

I did go visit her in the hospital the last day she was there and back at the nursing home that afternoon when they released her back there. For someone who also has Alzheimers, she was probably the most lucid and talkactive I've seen her in years. Her short term and long term seemed intact, which was really a surprise, considering the last conversation I had with her, she pretty much gets stuck in repeat and it makes for a very long conversation. I guess thats why I thought she might make it a little longer. The last thing I told her besides that I loved her was that I'd bring my kids with me the next time I came to see her. That was going to be this weekend, but not anymore.

Hospice has been called in now to make her "comfortable", whatever that means. Apparantly she was been thrashing about, breathing heavily, and basically injuring herself during this unresponsive time. Whatever they are doing is supposed to stop this, until the inevitable happens.

If your of the same mind, please say a little something in prayer or what have you, that her time left here will be pain free. Thats all I hope for at this point now. Thanks for reading.

Very sorry to hear about your grandmother. Prayers sent. Comfort measures are used (mainly certain medications) to make her comfortable until the point that the inevitable occurs.

my prayers go out to you and yours.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. Nothing has changed thus far, but I do appreciate each and every post here. I have to believe that it is helping.

My prayers are with you and your family. She is in God's hands, rest assured.

Prayers sent. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. Stay strong, and please keep us updated.

Thoughts are with you and your family...

Again, thank you all for the prayers and support. I just received a call from my dad, that she has just passed away. Shes in a better place now. Not sure what else to say at this point, but i'm glad it wasn't prolonged.