• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Major Announcement - Cigar Community as a whole

Wow Rod! Way to go to stick with your values.

Who knows. Maybe CP is worth much more than what he is offering and you.

The whole buy-out does sound fishy. Owing all the sites.....to do what? To get a monopoly? Interesting.....very interesting.

Rod,
I knew about 2 of them, CigarLive made a post and so did Cigar Smokers. It is sad that they sold them. I really wonder about the future. I know people have a lot of questions on Cigar Live and they are not getting many answers.

I know I have not been that active around here, but that is about to change. You are showing great integrity to the love of cigars and your supports. You can count Las VegASH TV and me as one.

JC and I did record the review of your coffee, and I have to finish editing it. It will be up this week.

Thanks for letting us know what is going on.

I knew about 2 of them, CigarLive made a post and so did Cigar Smokers. It is sad that they sold them. I really wonder about the future. I know people have a lot of questions on Cigar Live and they are not getting many answers.
Well heck, the announcement wasn't obvious then because I missed it at both sites. Got linkie?

Those communities are so different. And throw ClubStogie into the mix and you've a bunch of disparate entities with different cultures. I cannot imagine how they will integrate, if that's the intent.

Wilkey

PS. Nevermind. I found 'em. All I can say is I thank God you didn't sell, Rod. I don't know why but I got a really uneasy feeling reading those announcements. Rod, as of this day, you stand alone in the cigar world.

Rod,

Thank you for sticking with us. Thank you for sharing your passion and thank you for giving us all a place we call home.

Best,

Joe

I just want to thank you for what you do for all of us.

Not is a kiss ass way, just a straight shot to the arm way.

Thanks for the info and keep up the good work.

Ho man...I was reading the first part and was thinking this was a farewell as CP was sold. WHEW!! Man I'm glad it was a happy ending! :D It really shows that CP IS the place to be! Thank you Rod!!

And here is a major reason why CP remains the only Cigar community I am a part of... Good job, Rod.

Ho man...I was reading the first part and was thinking this was a farewell as CP was sold. WHEW!! Man I'm glad it was a happy ending! :D It really shows that CP IS the place to be! Thank you Rod!!

You too?!?! :laugh: :laugh: I got worried when I read it as well!

Rod, you're the friggin' KING. I can't believe you passed on all of that, truly you have a lot of integrity. Now, all that's left is to get you to start wearing a badge! :p

Excellent display of integrity and your passion for Cigar Pass. I'm only new in CP town, but I already love it here and appreciate the way it is run.

I would have been saddened to see you lose your place at the help of this mighty vessel. Good on you Rod.

Now that is a sense of community.
Makes me do a mental inventory of how I'm contributing, and if there is anything
I can do better to keep this site No. 1.

Now i know why this community is such a great place. It has a backbone like Rod.
You the man.

Thanks for the fortitude to do right Rod. I'm not so sure what another person would have done, but i respect you more for sticking to your guns. I went through a couple of forums before i settled here, thank you brother. :thumbs:

I am very happy to hear that CP will remain the same.

Although I would not have had any hard feelings against Rod if he had sold. While I feel that we (members) owe him, because of all his hard work and effort to keep this place running, I do not think he "owes" us members anything. If he had been presented with an offer he could not refuse due to the financial times and his life circumstances I would not have had any harsh words for him at all. It would have been sad to see him go and interesting to see what happened to CP though.

My .02 and Thanks to Rod.

- Jason

Thank you Rod, this makes me happy, knowing that this is the only cigar forum I am a part of. :)

I used to frequent a motorcycle forum a few years back. My passion for them waned a bit and then along came a guy doing the exact same thing. He bought the forum and I think I've been back their twice since it was acquired. I guess it got too commmercial for me. All of a sudden you had to pay to have a certain level of membership, the respect that one used to earn there became "bought". Wasn't a great place to be anymore.

Wow, that's an amazing post Rod.

Thank you for sharing your personal feelings with us, I'm sure it wasn't easy.

Brian

Rod,

You...are...the man! CigarPass would NOT be CigarPass without you at the helm.

Hey there Rod,

What Wilkey said x 2! Thanks for creating this wonderful community, and thank you for sticking with us! CP would certainly change for the worst if you let her go. You are a better man than most of us for sticking to your guns, and in the long run you will most likeley prosper all the more. The value of CP is in her individual members, not our membership numbers.

Jason

While I'm certainly glad CP will remain "as is" for now, I would not hold anything against you Rod, if you chose the other option. This is a great board with a fine membership but I don't think it's a bad reflection on you if you gotta do what you gotta do.
Thanks for your efforts man. It shows.