• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mazo, Cellophane On Or Off

_Deon_

Smoke Em If You Got Em
Just purchased a mazo of sticks last week. The have there individual wrapper, then wrapped together with cellophane. Should i keep the outer cellophane on or off, i always keep the individual cello on.
631211f8-86cb-6c3b.jpg

I usually take it off to allow the sticks to breathe. I have had those sticks before and they are outstanding.

Thanks for the info, this is my second mazo, the first pack I opened. Wanted to let the pack sit and marry and not mix with any othere sticks.

Thanks for the info, this is my second mazo, the first pack I opened. Wanted to let the pack sit and marry and not mix with any othere sticks.

Ohhhh, I never thought of that! could one of the experts here clarify maybe? How long of an exposure does one cigar "needs" for it to start getting married?

Ohhhh, I never thought of that! could one of the experts here clarify maybe? How long of an exposure does one cigar "needs" for it to start getting married?

There is sooo much information on this topic and the topic of cello on/off. If you do some searching and reading you will find many discussions. It really all comes down to personal preference, but really, do some reading.

Maybe peel the mazo cello off the south half of the mazo, leaving the northern half wrapped. Then you can compare.

I always open the mazo package and let 'em breathe. I've had no issues with any "marriages" with my smokes. My cabinet runs very nicely, RH wise, so I let the smokes have the benefit of the environment.

I would take off the outer cello and let them rest in their individual cello. I still have several of those same sticks left. They are a very solid $2 stick.

Gran Habano Vintage 2002 Robusto. They are a damn good smoke with notes of coffee and nuts. Get a mazo of 20 for $40, how can you go wrong, they smoke like a $10 stick IMHO.

I've always seen these in t he CI catalog, and the pics make them look so tempting. Never tried them before though. Seems like they are getting a lot of praise.

There is sooo much information on this topic and the topic of cello on/off. If you do some searching and reading you will find many discussions. It really all comes down to personal preference, but really, do some reading.

I wasn't asking about cello on/off I am sure there would be pages and pages of info on the subject I was more curious about the effects of the "master" cello the one that holds them all together :)

Do what makes the best organizational sense. I leave 'em in the bundle, till there are only a a handful left. Then they get moved to bags or boxes.

To note, I have a bundle that I haven't opened the slightest since I put it in the cooler in '08.

Do what makes the best organizational sense.

This. It really depends on how you organize. If it was me, and I was going to be leaving them for a while, I'd leave them in the bundle so they're easier to pack around. If I was going to be smoking them I'd probably take them out and put them in bags (coolerdor) or in my desktop humidor (for ready smoking).

If you do remove the outer cello, I recommend storing them Jenga style, stacked counterclockwise, and quarter turned every six months. ;)

Space is not an issue, just thought it was better just to keep them bundled up for better aging.

I've had a handful of these before, as well, from CI samplers. I enjoyed them quite a bit. Never got around to ordering them by the big pack, though.

If I didn't have an empty box laying around to put them in, I'd just leave them in the bundle packaging as long as practical inside the frigidor. Once down to five or so singles, I'd put them up in a shelf.

Question on these: Anyone ever hear of any mold problems under the cedar similar to what happens to Anejos?

The cello breathes...that's why they use it. :thumbs:

I usually go a full half turn every 6 months...