• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mazo, Cellophane On Or Off

Space is not an issue, just thought it was better just to keep them bundled up for better aging.
Smoke 'em. They're really not worth aging. Those cigars are as good as they're going to get.

Doc

356763508_b16749730a_z.jpg

...that would be 'cello on'! ;)

As Doc said, it really doesn't matter. I like to keep it on. Neat, tidy, protected.

I treat mine like a microwave dinner and use a fork to poke holes in the cello. This allows the steam to escape when I microwave them for beetles.

Thanks for the info, this is my second mazo, the first pack I opened. Wanted to let the pack sit and marry and not mix with any othere sticks.

Ohhhh, I never thought of that! could one of the experts here clarify maybe? How long of an exposure does one cigar "needs" for it to start getting married?

Round these parts long as they'uns hit puberty marry'ins no problem.

If you do remove the outer cello, I recommend storing them Jenga style, stacked counterclockwise, and quarter turned every six months. ;)

Quarter turn the stack? Or each cigar? And which do you quarter turn?

I was trying to keep it simple for the noobs, but I recommend you rotate each cigar counterclockwise 90° every three months in the Jenga stack (alternating the head / foot orientation every 3rd turn), but each individual cigar gets rotated 60° every 2 months on its x-axis. In addition the humidor gets turned 1° clockwise daily, except on the 1st of any month less than 31 days in a common year ( February, April, June, September & November ) based on the Georgian calender.

Eventually I hope to build my custom automated gyroscope humidor , but really....who has the time for that?

If you do remove the outer cello, I recommend storing them Jenga style, stacked counterclockwise, and quarter turned every six months. ;)

I was trying to keep it simple for the noobs, but I recommend you rotate each cigar counterclockwise 90° every three months in the Jenga stack (alternating the head / foot orientation every 3rd turn), but each individual cigar gets rotated 60° every 2 months on its x-axis. In addition the humidor gets turned 1° clockwise daily, except on the 1st of any month less than 31 days in a common year ( February, April, June, September & November ) based on the Georgian calender.

Eventually I hope to build my custom automated gyroscope humidor , but really....who has the time for that?

Just for clarification, what if you're in the southern hemisphere and it's a leap year?

Off topic. Are you really a Tuba player,and not that abomination the Sousaphone? I love tuba music. I was just listening to a Sam Pilafian recording. Great stuff.

Doc

Kinda looks like someone was taking "leftovers" out of the fridge and they spilled some on the floor.......... Clean up on aisle 3. :laugh:

Just for clarification, what if you're in the southern hemisphere and it's a leap year?

I recommend you rotate each cigar counterclockwise 90° every three months in the Jenga stack (alternating the head / foot orientation every 3rd turn), but each individual cigar gets rotated 60° every 2 months on its x-axis. In addition the humidor gets turned 1° counterclockwise daily, except on the 1st of any every other month less than 31 days in a common year ( February, April, June, August , September October & November December ) based on the Georgian calender. I thought that would be obvious? ???

I recommend you rotate each cigar counterclockwise 90° every three months in the Jenga stack (alternating the head / foot orientation every 3rd turn), but each individual cigar gets rotated 60° every 2 months on its x-axis. In addition the humidor gets turned 1° counterclockwise daily, except on the 1st of any every other month less than 31 days in a common year ( February, April, June, August , September October & November December ) based on the Georgian calender. I thought that would be obvious? ???

Dude... Come'on... get your facts right. It's Gregorian. :p

Dude... Come'on... get your facts right. It's Gregorian. :p

I was referring to the sovereign state of Georgia daily calendar ( which observes UTC ( UTC+4) Coordinated Universal Time ) ....but yes, the Gregorian solar calendar. :whistling:

Off topic. Are you really a Tuba player,and not that abomination the Sousaphone? I love tuba music. I was just listening to a Sam Pilafian recording. Great stuff.

Doc

Sam Pilafian is the Tuba prof here at ASU. and a funny guy. We performed his double Trombone concerto he composed last year and it was quite imaginative...

DevilDoc, what's wrong with aging them, won't they get better?

That bundled cigar label " vintage 2002" didn't sell well so CI has them for cheap, that in itself tells me they aren't made of higher quality tobacco. No sense aging cigars that won't gain value over time, they have been ready to smoke since day 1.

If you like their taste, smoke them every day!