• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

mignulikz is an a@@hat

Why don't we make new prospective members wait a day for approval? Or better yet, make them acknowledge a couple emails listings rules? This would eliminate 90% of the spam and asshattery that goes on.

Also got the message in my inbox this morning, and just deleted it. No need for me to open anything from Russia from a stranger.

Why don't we make new prospective members wait a day for approval? Or better yet, make them acknowledge a couple emails listings rules? This would eliminate 90% of the spam and asshattery that goes on.

Already do, and believe me, it eliminates most of these assholes. Unfortunately few still sneak by.

Already do, and believe me, it eliminates most of these assholes. Unfortunately few still sneak by.

Should have known you were on it! :blush: I'm surprised the political correctness police don't "require" that we not only click on the link but buy service from them......."spammers have rights too ya know" :(

I can't believe anyone actually clicked on that link...wow.

Not in the past 4+ years...I've been working with computers far too long to go clicking random links from people I don't know. The rise of spam email in the past 5 or more years should have everyone trained to not do such a thing...

Now have I ever been rickrolled by friends? Far too many times to count.... :D

Well, I clicked on it because I didn't notice the zero posts and honestly thought it was an appeal for help from some BOTL. Lot of economic misery these days, so it made sense. It's amazing how modern life requires you to be unceasingly cynical.

Got it too but had already been deleted. Hell to be honest I didn't even remember about this board.

Not to be an alarmist, however, most if not all, of the malicious Computer Code is from Russia or countries that were once under it's control.
A bit of advice for those of you who opened the link.. Update your AntiVirus files ASAP. Make sure you have a http(s) connection before downloading that update. Then perform a Boot Scan of your entire disk that should show any potential problems

I'm not a IT/Security guru, but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night!
Best,
Frank
<edit to add> I received the PM also but didn't open it when I noticed the .ru on the link.

I received the PM also but didn't open it when I noticed the .ru on the link.

.RU really means "are you" really that stupid to open a link from a foreign country? ... that is unless it's an email from your Russian Mail Order bride! :laugh: :thumbs:

Nick

Got it too but had already been deleted. Hell to be honest I didn't even remember about this board.
:laugh: same here!!! I had to get a new password but I will now be checking in to see whats going on!!!

Can anyone tell me that when I deleted his account, did it also delete the PM from your inbox?

I also got it. Is this a common thing, In the time I have spent here this is the first I've seen of it.

Rod, my email account said I had 2 PMs. But on CP I only had 1.