• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Missing cigar

Really sorry to hear about the pass drama and I do hope it gets straightened out somewhat quickly. I know the generosity of the BOLTs on this board has been amazing. I hope that when this is all said and done we come to the conclusion that it was simply a mistake. Good luck.

camaroon4me said:
What are the value of these two sticks, are we talking something really rare?
Believe it or not, the computer I am using doesn't have excel, and I cant even look at the puts and takes. Can someone post the list, or were you trying to keep it private, no sweat either way.

I just hope that if someone does have them, they make it right. It sucks to screw up ( I know from personal experience), but it's much better if you just fix it. Just send them to the next person in line, take your lumps and save your friends here.

Also, did anyone check the host bag, maybe they got put in there by accident?

Good luck with the rest of the pass guys,

JV
[snapback]178541[/snapback]​

A couple of ISOM's with a total value of maybe $30 - There's an '03 EL and a San Cristobal - nothing that's outrageous or totally irreplaceable...

And as far as everyone else's comments about it probably being a mistake - I'd like to think you're right, but the smokes are missing. The people in the pass have already been informed through the pass thread - and they still have not turned up. If it was a mistake, I would think it would have been taken care of by now!?!?

Again - I would like to think it's a mistake - most others would also like to think it's a mistake - because I'm sure, IMHO, no one would want to think there's a thief amongst us... ???

camaroon4me said:
What are the value of these two sticks, are we talking something really rare?
Believe it or not, the computer I am using doesn't have excel, and I cant even look at the puts and takes. Can someone post the list, or were you trying to keep it private, no sweat either way.
[snapback]178541[/snapback]​

Hey JV,

Of course there is no privacy regarding the P/T list. :D There's a hard copy floating in the pass itself, and I just keep the Excel sheet on the pass so anyone can feel free to browse. And it's only excel because it's the only spreadsheet program I use.
Anyway, the list is as follows with the current P/Ts

2 Arturo Fuente Anejo #49
4 Arturo Fuente Between The Lines
7 Astral Perfeccion Torpedo Natural
10 Diez Litto Gomez Chisel Maduro
13 Gurkha Ancient Warrior
14 Hoyo De Monterey Edicion Limitada 03 (isom)
19 Mayorga Torpedo
22 Opus X xXx Power Ranger
30 Romeo y Julieta maduro LOT 96 - Series B - 10th Anniv. Glass tube
32 San Cristobal de la Habana El Principe 06/04 (isom)
38 San Cristobal de la Habana El Principe 10/03 (isom)
46 Padron 1926 Serie #9
49 La Estrella Cubana Rosado (red wine cured)
54 La Vieja Habana Red Velvet "Early Years"
58 Ashton VSG Illusion
62 Opus X Perfecxion X
63 Cohiba Sublime Edicion Limitada 04 (isom)
64 Carlos Torano Signature
67 Davidoff Especiales "7" Limited Edition 2004
68 Graycliff Mike Ditka Toro
69 La Flor Dominicana Double Lingero Chisel Maduro
70 CAO Black Lonsdale
72 H Claverol Robusto en Tercio '98 Dunhill Inventory
73 La Gloria Cubana Serie R #6 maduro
74 Oliva Master Blends I churchill
75 La Gloria Cubana Serie R #7 natural
76 Punch Gran Cru Prince Consorts '98 Dunhill Privada
78 Carlos Torano Signature Robusto
80 Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro Belicoso
81 Padron 1926 Serie #9
82 Arturo Fuente Anejo #77 (shark)
83 Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Robusto
85 Arturo Fuente Opus X "A" Coffin
86 Padron 1964 Pyramid (Maduro)
87 Partagas Short 9/01 (isom)
89 La Aurora 100 Anos Robusto
90 Arturo Fuente Opus X Perfection X
91 Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro 05/02 (isom)
92 H. Upmann Mag 46 06/04 (isom)
93 Hoyo De Monterey Epicure #1 02/02 (isom)
94 Por Laranaga Petit Corona 09/04 (isom)
95 Bolivar Belicosos Fino 10/04 (isom)

The missing sticks are #s 14 & 32. As far as the value of these goes, close to maybe 20-25 bucks. For the me though and I'm assuming the guys in the pass, the value of the smokes isn't really the issue. It's the fact that someone stabbed the group in the back.

And Tuxindy, I would hardly call any of this a crucifiction. There was plenty of time between the time the smokes were found to be missing, and the time Ree posted this thread for someone to take a look and see if the sticks were misplaced my accident. No one is calling anyone out, and unless there is a nice piece of solid proof someone did take them, I don't think you're gonna see someone pointing any fingers. Sure we probably all have our opinions of who did it, I know I do, but they are nothing more than opinions. When you host an invite only pass and someone "accidently" steals something from not only you, but the rest of the guys in your pass, I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune.

EDIT: to add smiley for JV just in case my tone came across in the wrong way :thumbs:

Thats a great looking bunch of smokes there BD. I sure hope this gets worked out, it doesn't look good right now since there has been enough time for someone to make it right.

Any chance this is insured through CP insurance? Not sure if they cover this type of loss or not, but it's worth looking into if this doesn't get rectified.

I agree that this is more about the honor of this group than about the value involved, it's just not right to pimp your friends.

JV

camaroon4me said:
....it's just not right to pimp your friends.

JV
[snapback]178592[/snapback]​

Help me out here JV, I'm not sure I understand your meaning :blush:

Robert :thumbs:

BrownDevil said:
camaroon4me said:
....it's just not right to pimp your friends.

JV
[snapback]178592[/snapback]​

Help me out here JV, I'm not sure I understand your meaning :blush:

Robert :thumbs:
[snapback]178593[/snapback]​

I was just trying to say that it isnt right to take advantage of your friends here. You guys involved in this pass trusted each other, and now someone has apparently "pimped" the rest of you.
If any of you are pimps, sorry if I offended you! :D LOL

JV

This is crazy if your going to steal 2 cigars at least take better choices than those....JK

I would be truly bummed if this happened to me especially with an invite only list.I thought all the trash had been taken out by LEE and other botls. looks like they missed a bag.

As has been mentioned, and I'd like to comment on it as well, it's nice to see that everyone is trying to assume that perhaps it was a mistake or something. Instead of going about this from the other direction and directly accusing someone of stealing.

A couple years ago I took one of those dumb 7 Habits classes that my company offered, and the one thing that really stuck in my head was the habit of "Seeking to understand, instead of seeking to be understood". Which essentially said let's assume the best and go from there.

I think we're all in agreement that we would rather it be an accident, but sufficient time has passed to "find" it.

Now, if embarrassment is the only reason for not coming forward....does that excuse it? Instead of hoping this is just an accident, how bout we all pretend it is an accident and hope for the person to just come out with it and say it was an accident.

It's time for whomever took these cigars to speak up.
The pass was kept track of by the participants, and it should not
be difficult to track the cigars. If someone stole two cigars from this pass they
are testing to see how the community responds. If there is no reaction, they will do it again and again.... Screw that BS
The one who did this needs to be called out. Let's see this corrected now

Bill

Sorry I haven't been around the last 2 days. I had house guests Friday night and was in Baltimore with cigardawg and LC-Smoker (met up with hudsonvalley, Ludwig, and Lumberg) all day Saturday. Great time, pictures forthcoming.

As to the missing sticks, as BD said, they were there in Michigan (picture taken) and not there in Virginia. One stop between these two places. I think that effectively narrows it down to 3 people (you can easily read the Puff-Puff Pass thread to see who they are). As I have said to BD through PM and a phone call, I hated to be the one to discover the sticks were missing as this was my first pass, but I would hate for someone after me to discover them missing and then me and cigardawg be suspected of taking them. As it is, I fully understand that I have to be considered.

I would like to think that my reputation (although new) on this board has been established as far as honesty and trades, etc. go. I have always tried to send something extra in my trades and sales, and have been honest about prices I have sold things for (see DMC and EDS sale in Buy, Sell Trade Thread). It would just be plain stupid of me to ruin this new reputation by taking two sticks in my first pass here on CP.

Bottom line is that they were not here when they got to me in Virginia. Take that how ever you want. For me, it is down to two people who either took the sticks or misplaced them. Make it right whoever it is and let's put this in the past. If it was a mistake, post it here and we'll be done with this - mistakes happen. If is was intentional - post it here anyway and take your lumps.

I will ask this once again: Has anyone checked the "host bag" that was created at the first stop? Purhaps they were put in there by accident.

Just a thought,

John V.

There was a 3rd picture that showed the host bag...in the pictures it showed the 2 now missing smokes seperate from the host bag.

I'll ask KayakinBoy to take a peek as well as check the packaging peanuts. My mother went home after a 6 week visit last Monday so I do believe in miracles :p

NorCalCigarLover said:
I'll be sending BD another '03 SC El Principe at the end of the pass.

:cool:
[snapback]178582[/snapback]​
Perhaps my tone was mistaken, I keep forgetting to use the smiley face :) :)

I'm real glad to see this working out, its definatley boosting my confidence in the trades, which I think is the real reason people are upset. Because when it comes down too it, I'll send in the missing cigars eventhough I know nobody involved. I think even if the guilty(for lack of a better word) doesn't come foward, the reputation of the people involved and most importantly the site will remain high. :cool: This is still the most informative site (in my opinion) out there. Everybody has been more then willing to help, and even put up with my newbyties. Good passes in the future :) :) :)
T

Man a guy is gone for a weekor so and comes to back to same old BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...Two barely mediocre ceegars and all this talk....perspective people!!!

I got TexasAero's name, address, and phone number today thanks to a very nice CP'er, and if he doesn't post within a couple of days...

YOU JUST MIGHT GET A PHONE CALL BUDDY!

? "Mediocre ceegars" Don't know if I would call a HDM EL "mediocre". This is "one" of the reasons passes are mainly filled with newbie’s. This is not like it is the first time something like this {to many things to list} has happened. I guess you live and learn. It may be the easy way out to blame the guy who has not responded yet, but I would not jump ugly because it takes the spotlight off your ass!

Don't fall for it Rob, looks a lot like someone is playing you.