• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Missing cigar

gr8full2day said:
Man a guy is gone for a weekor so and comes to back to same old BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...Two barely mediocre ceegars and all this talk....perspective people!!!
[snapback]178773[/snapback]​

I guess I'm interested in a perspective here... Do we just forget about it and move on? I agree with Mr. Jingles assessment that his reputation is on the line - as is mine, because I am one of the three in between Mephiston and him. I really don't like being in that position, even though I KNOW I didn't take them - but nobody else knows it's not me... It sucks to be here... Mud is flying over this thing - as it should be. Whether those cigars were worth $1 or $1,000 - the fact remains they are missing, no explanation has been offered even though it's been quite a while - it is POSSIBLE they were inadvertently left out - but just as likely (although less palitable) is the fact they may have been stolen.

MY perspective is this SUCKS!!!! :(

I'm really thinking about doing a poll seeing if others think I should call TexasAero up and ask him myself. What do you guys think?

NorCalCigarLover said:
I'll be sending BD another '03 SC El Principe at the end of the pass.

:cool:
[snapback]178582[/snapback]​

This is what makes this board such a great place to be - and also makes it so hard to fathom what's going on with this pass... I have met some VERY generous people here, I've also met some scammers (albeit, on a MUCH smaller scale). The generous people make me come back - the scammers piss me off - but I keep coming back!!! :thumbs:

I'm with you. I'd love to send an SC El Principe, I don't have one. But I do intend to send him something that at least should help lighten the blow... ;)

Well the pass might hit me tommorrow, I think the host bag will fill up a bit! :D

I beleive I have the just of this issue. However, I am missing the point for a "poll" to see if you should call a guy you think may have stolen the cigars. If you have his number, and he obviously hasn't responded to this issue yet, call the guy. See what he has to say. Screw the poll!!!

I see you have a thread with the poll so I guess this post is worthless however, puttin' the names in the poll for people to randomly click a name is a bad idea. People not involved in the pass can click on a name because they "think" they know who may have done it. A true reputation ruiner.

I hope you find your "thief"! I just think this should have been done w/o the poll.

Floyd T. :sign:

I agree that the poll is a bad idea. It may just turn into a "popularity" contest and have no bearing whatsoever on who someone thinks actually took (or misplaced) the sticks. Also, I completely agree with everything ggiese said in his post. :thumbs:

Bottom line - this sucks big time - especially considering that I am now suspect in my first pass. :( For the record, if I were to take a stick from that pass I would have kept my OpusX "A" and slipped the Padron 1926 #1 into my humidor... :p

I agree that a poll doesn't do any good, and is in fact only a veiled jury vote on whether people think the guy is guilty or not.

I think however you should call the guy and inform him of the problem and ask him if he has any information. For all anyone knows he left the sticks sitting on his desk by accident and then went on vacation to Cancun. Who knows. Jumping to conclusions that the guy is scum before you even tried calling him is premature. Some might call me naive, but if there is recourse to gather additional infomation and it is not taken advantage of, that is unfair to the reputations of all the people who are involved.

Just pick up the phone. If you are that worried about the sticks, you should have called everybody by now. All this drama on the board isn't doing any good, and probably doing some harm, especially if somebody discovers these sticked fell behind their coolidor or something.

JK

Posted at the behest of some FOGs.

The pass box came. I took pictures. Did my P/Ts as posted on the pass thread. Packed it all up and Shipped it. I did not take them damn sticks.

Can't say much else.

texasaero said:

The pass box came. I took pictures. Did my P/Ts as posted on the pass thread. Packed it all up and Shipped it. I did not take them damn sticks.

Can't say much else.
[snapback]179055[/snapback]​
I would have added:

Screw you jaggoffs that think I did,

but that's just me.

NA

If I may add an opinion:

As the devil's advocate, I would venture the thought that the original trust amongst the Pass group may have run less deep than was thought. If you trusted each other before, that trust should remain even now. Who in their right mind would screw up the trust involved for an invite-only pass for 2 sticks? The smokes DID fall off the desk into the trash, the mail sorters DO have a penchant for good smokes, etc. Also, just because a picture was taken doesn't mean that picture taker didn't accidentally not pack the 2 sticks, or for that matter, even take them. I would think that having such picture would be self-incriminating to a point...depending on how misguided and paranoid one's thoughts are

I have been around only a short while, and shamefully don't contribute much, but the comraderie that exists on this board is great, and I would hate to see it fall apart over the possibility that the smokes really were misplaced, and not stolen...

I have no idea, thought, opinion, guess, etc on whether the things were lost or taken, I just am applying a outsider's view (way outside) on this.

Kent

well, I'm pretty damn tired of talking about it. It's obvious that what some people are saying and then posting are different. I stuck by what I thought.

I'm done with talking about this.

SamClemmons said:
texasaero said:

The pass box came.  I took pictures.  Did my P/Ts as posted on the pass thread.  Packed it all up and Shipped it.  I did not take them damn sticks. 

Can't say much else.
[snapback]179055[/snapback]​
I would have added:

Screw you jaggoffs that think I did,

but that's just me.

NA
[snapback]179107[/snapback]​

:sign: :sign: :sign: ROTFLMAO!! :sign: :sign: