• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

moldy beads

well i've only used distilled water with mine, and i use a spray bottle like vip said.

Well they look better.

mold2.jpg

No more bowl of standing water this time. Thanks for the input fellas.

Les

1/2 of them are still wet. I dont see the mold any longer. I dont think anything can live in 40% hydrogen peroxide. well see.

If you get wet spots under the bag (sans, the bowl), I'd say yes - too wet. Try half an hour on a paper towel, then try again. I think you're getting mold growth because there is still moisture present at the bottom of the bowl. That defeats the whole purpose of the beads and most likely maintains a very high RH inside the humi - also not good.

It looks like you are OK now. The original beads were WAY too wet. As folks told you only 65-70% of the beads should be clear and the rest either opaque or white. The last picture looks good but keep a close eye on them.

Never put so much distilled water on the beads that they are in a puddle.

way to much water was exactly what I did. I checked my other box and those were in a puddle too. Hey, I live in the desert, the answer for nearly everything is add more water. How the hell was I supose to know? :blush:

Les

The main thing is your cigars are OK and it looks like the beads will survive as well. I have had other customers that had the same issue with good results in the long run.