• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo Bands - Old, New, Newest

Great eye, Wilkey. I had a chance to smoke one of the petite Edmundos this weekend and didn't even notice the embossing. I just checked the band of the cigar I smoked, and saw the nice embossing, thanks for the heads up.

Now for the cigar...WOW! What a completely different blend than the regular Edmundo. Very dark EL-like appearance, good construction, draw was a little easy, but the burn was razor sharp. The flavors detected started out as a distinct slightly sweetened dark coffee with a spicy undertone. Midway, got some very nice chocolate and leather undertones and the cigar finished with some creaminess that reminded me of a creamy latte. The spicy undertone was present throughout the cigar. According to my friend, he said that this cigar reminded him of old-school Monte flavors. It never got bitter and it was definitely a finger-burner. I couldn't put it down. Really, quite an incredible smoke for such a young cigar. My only complaint is that was just too short. It only took 35 minutes to finish the bugger. The use of aged leaves certainly shows with how little harshness this smoke exhibited.

I have some of the shiny bands and there is no embossing that I can see
I am sure that they are not fakes(Cuban)
Anvil,

The new shiny, non-embossed band was around for about a year. None of the Monte2 I've seen from summer and spring of 2005 have the embossed band and neither did the Monte Robusto EL. If you got yours from a trustworthy vendor you should be ok.

Wilkey

Monte Edmundos purchased in the 4th Qtr. 2006 do not have the embossed band either. I'll look into the box code for additional information.

Follow up to the above post. The Habanos code for Edmundos purchased during this timeframe is SVF DEC05. Not having the new bands makes sense based on the production date.

I checked some sticks from 06 boxes that I have, and they are all shiny, non-embossed bands. These are from the No.1-5 line.

cigar smoke - relax, get over yourself, and keep contributing. There's no need to try to prove a point by providing false information. That point has already been proven, and in fact we are proud of it. If you are as knowledgable as you say, then you are that 1% of newbies who are not full of it. If we took every newbies written word as the gospel, this place would be a joke and laughing stock of the online cigar community. Stay involved, keep providing valueable (and accurate, no need to "test" us with BS) information and your credibility will go up. Also, it might not be a bad idea to get involved in some trades and passes. Or find some folks out there that are well established to vouch for you. Everyone here has had to go through that no matter how experienced they think they are.

Here's a picture of a couple of bands I just took and a confirmation of Wilkey's finding. Top is from a recent release Monte no.4 and the bottom is from the Petite Edmundo. Both came from very reputable dealers and I'm very confident that neither are fake. Of all the Monte bands I have, only the Petite Edmundo has the embossing. Sorry about the clarity of the picture, but you can clearly make out the embossing on the bottom band.

gallery_1870_61_2589.jpg

edited to add picture.

Wilkey....Thankyou for your response........This has been my experience with this forum that I am completely ignored........I acutaly left some inaccurate info on another thread just to see if I would get any attention......No responses there either.....I understand your point about the time frame between responses.....The truth be known is that if I were to add to my profile to try to impress you all with my experience and extensive knowledge, I would severely incrimate myself.....I think If you follow my imput (when I do ) You will certainly, and all member here gain from it.........I certainly think you have done an outstanding job at CP keep up the great work.........

Bob

Hey cigar smoke,

Thanks for the information and welcome to CP. What the guys are saying here is dead on accurate. We're not looking for you to walk into the room and impress us with your knowledge so you probably shouldn't expect us to drop every other coversation we are having on this board and listen when you speak. Give it some time, enjoy yourself and remember that some people practice the "read more and post less" method.

David

Guys it is quite interesting to me to see how a new member is total disregarded and not recognized with any response to the information provided.....However when a long time member responded it is met with a community response......The info I provided was acurate but agnored until a veteran member responded with the same info I provided......Interesting

You were not being ignored.
I was checking Wilkey's facts and PM'ing him linky's.

Like he said...your input is valued! Stick around. :thumbs:

Thankyou all for your valuable imput...........Will take it under advisement..........I never set out to try to impress anyone...........I understand your points........However when you are ignored 15 times it starts to be a pattern...........Im only trying to be informative to the members here..... It is nice to be responded to once in a while.......especially when the info is right on the money.......No offense taken......

Bob

Thankyou all for your valuable imput...........Will take it under advisement..........I never set out to try to impress anyone...........I understand your points........However when you are ignored 15 times it starts to be a pattern...........Im only trying to be informative to the members here..... It is nice to be responded to once in a while.......especially when the info is right on the money.......No offense taken......

Bob

Bob thanks for your input, duly noted!

Why are you all ignoring me now? I posted a good review of the smoke and confirmed Wilkey's findings. What? You all don't like me no more? I'm logging out!

:sign:

Sam I have you on permenant ignore, LOL :whistling:

Cigar Smoke:

Another thing too think about - your "handle " here is pretty generic.

We also have some members called :
cigar smoker
cigarsmoka
cigarsmokin
..and many other members with Cigar +( insert word here ) as their handle. For some of us who frequent many cigar forums, keeping who-is-who can become difficult.

I suggest you start using an unique avatar so that it is easier to identify you, and so that your posts stand out from the masses.

:MMM

Cigar Smoke:

cigar smoker
cigarsmoka
cigarsmokin
..and many other members with Cigar +( insert word here ) as their handle. For some of us who frequent many cigar forums, keeping who-is-who can become difficult.

I suggest you start using an unique avatar so that it is easier to identify you, and so that your posts stand out from the masses.

I already suggested boobies. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Cigar Smoke:

cigar smoker
cigarsmoka
cigarsmokin

Wilkey

man_breasts.jpg

Close but he doesn't have a cigar, the least you could do was get one with the cigar.

Cigar Smoke:

cigar smoker
cigarsmoka
cigarsmokin

Wilkey

man_breasts.jpg
I'm worried. Your photo postings are starting to be more and more like Moki's. ???

Wilkey

With 4000 members, I can't always remember members names if they are not a regular, but I can always recall avatars. "You know that guy with the Swiss Mountain Dog avatar...." ;)

I get so accustom to members avatars in fact, that sometimes it is difficult to adjust when they decide to change them .

For example, I remember this post last year when some blowhard was spouting off about some nonesense - a real know-it all chucklehead type. He was being a real PITA , wasting bandwidth and clogging up the forum traffic. Sheesh, I thought to myself "Who the hell is this jackass?"........

....and then I realized it was just CoventryCat86 with a new avatar. :sign:

With 4000 members, I can't always remember members names if they are not a regular, but I can always recall avatars. "You know that guy with the Swiss Mountain Dog avatar...." ;)

I get so accustom to members avatars in fact, that sometimes it is difficult to adjust when they decide to change them .

For example, I remember this post last year when some blowhard was spouting off about some nonesense - a real know-it all chucklehead type. He was being a real PITA , wasting bandwidth and clogging up the forum traffic. Sheesh, I thought to myself "Who the hell is this jackass?"........

Hi miles.........also point well taken.........Thanks also to you for your valuable input here

....and then I realized it was just CoventryCat86 with a new avatar. :sign:

Cigar Smoke:

cigar smoker
cigarsmoka
cigarsmokin

Wilkey

Yeah, but we were ignoring you. :laugh: