• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

More Tat Blacks on the Way!

LouTam

Pete posted on another board yesterday that only 440 jars of Tat Blacks went out so far. Apparently there is a wrapper issue (not dark enough) at the factory. He said the issue is being resolved and he expects enough cigars to fill the remaining jars and have out to the retailers by the end of June. I know a lot of guys missed out on these so maybe people will get a 2nd chance. I know my B&M got 6 last week and I was lucky to get 2 of them. I called him tonight and told him to be on the lookout for more and to set 2 more to the side if they come in. Good Luck All.

Lou

I would love some Tat blacks but have no idea where to begin to go about getting some... anyone want to split one up if one is found?

I could be wrong but I think that any retailers who have already gotten them will not be getting anymore. The thing about it is that there are many retailers across the country who have not gotten any yet. Maybe this is the balance of the 1000 that are to go out next month. A reliable source informed me that each authorized Tatuaje retailer would be receiving between 4 and 6 jars.

I could be wrong but I think that any retailers who have already gotten them will not be getting anymore. The thing about it is that there are many retailers across the country who have not gotten any yet. Maybe this is the balance of the 1000 that are to go out next month. A reliable source informed me that each authorized Tatuaje retailer would be receiving between 4 and 6 jars.

That figure does not work if you do the math. There are just at, or over five hundered retailers out there, and a thousand jars being released.

Edit to add: My source was pretty darn reliable too.

That figure does not work if you do the math. There are just at, or over five hundered retailers out there, and a thousand jars being released.

500 retailers? This could be, but I am only aware of 215 authorized retailers. If it is 500, then the math definitely doesn't work out. But if it is 215, or somewhere thereabout, then the math of 4-6 each works out pretty good.

Are these that good?

If they are anything like the original release, wait 6 months to smoke them. The nic. mellows a bit and the flavors become more concentrated.

I am not a person who suggests that a cigars quality is directly proportional to it's scarcity. However, I must say that the Black label is a fantastic cigar. I had one of the originals last night. At 6 months, it was sweet and nutty with a heavy buttery texture to the smoke. I told my friend that if a cigar could taste like butterscotch, this one came as close as any cigar I have had (fully realizing how silly this must sound). Lucky me, I still have a bundle of the originals left... :D

I don't plan on cracking my jar for at least 6 months, and then, only to test their development. I wonder what these will be like in 3 years.

Nice marketing ploy. Toss a few out. Feeding frenzy begins. Tell everyone more will be out soon. Frenzy continues. Sounds kind of Fuentish to me. Pete's a quick learner! 19 cigars for 250 bucks.....I think my money could be spent better elsewhere and without the frenzy. JMO :cool:

Nice marketing ploy. Sounds kind of Fuentish to me. Pete's a quick learner!

x2.... When I first heard of such a thing as a Tatuaje Black this was the thought that immediately came to mind. It really is marketing genius. Fuente has all but perfected it and Pete is definitely a quick study. I always wondered why Padron didn't do more of it. Not that they need to because there products are so outstanding. But to me part of the experience is in the quest. I love this stuff. I hope they do more of it..... as long as the prices don't start getting absolutely ridiculous.

x2.... When I first heard of such a thing as a Tatuaje Black this was the thought that immediately came to mind. It really is marketing genius. Fuente has all but perfected it and Pete is definitely a quick study. I always wondered why Padron didn't do more of it. Not that they need to because there products are so outstanding. But to me part of the experience is in the quest. I love this stuff. I hope they do more of it..... as long as the prices don't start getting absolutely ridiculous.

And it will continue with his even more limited MONSTER series! Woohoo for BS.

And it will continue with his even more limited MONSTER series! Woohoo for BS.

.... and let's not forget about the Cabaiguan Maduros!

Nice marketing ploy. Toss a few out. Feeding frenzy begins. Tell everyone more will be out soon. Frenzy continues. Sounds kind of Fuentish to me. Pete's a quick learner! 19 cigars for 250 bucks.....I think my money could be spent better elsewhere and without the frenzy. JMO :cool:
Or more. My local shop was at $289. They usually have pretty good prices, but I picked one up at $289 anyway. I really liked the original release and figured that could be my only chance to get some more. I say keep the jar and put the price back where it was. As far as the number of retailers goes, not all of them may get any at all. Shops that don't have enough sales or carry enough sizes don't always get the speacial releases from manafacturers.

500 retailers? This could be, but I am only aware of 215 authorized retailers. If it is 500, then the math definitely doesn't work out. But if it is 215, or somewhere thereabout, then the math of 4-6 each works out pretty good.

Maybe I misunderstood Pete, and he does not ever want to go above 500 retailers. I know a quite a few retailers that do not show up on his site..........Hard to say, but you could be right.

So, MocoBird, I have some questions for you.

1) What specific insider knowledge do you have that makes it clear this is a "marketing ploy"?

2) Are you aware of why Pete decided to produce the black labels for consumer consumption at all?

3) Can you enumerate the very real production limitations that exist in creating particular cigars?

I find all of the insinuations without basis in fact to be distasteful, personally.

Hey Moco,
I can certainly see your point, but being one of those who paid $230ish for the jar I feel like your pointing a finger at me. Why did I do it?
1.) I like the other Tatuaje lines, and wanted to try these. At $13 per stick that really isn't that much more than I pay for brown labels, or cabiguans.
2.) Why do guys pay premium prices for God of Fires, Padron Family Reserve, etc? Rarity, even if it is manufactured rarity, doesn't change the fact that this is a rare item. Maybe I'm materialistic.
3.) Pete probably is a quick learner. If I had a product and I could get people to pay higher prices for it, I would. (have you checked oil company profits lately?)
4.) I don't have the hatred for Pete that several others do. I think he could handle business and interaction better with some retailers, but the few times I've interacted with him he has been nice to me.

I guess you can apply the "smoke what you like" saying to this also. Buy what you like, spend for it whatever you are comfortable paying. I'm going to take a real big jump here, and assume at some point you've spent $13 or more for a cigar, and if not then I'm jealous of your will power.

I think when it comes to this subject, if you are comfortable buying the product and paying the price then no one should flame at those people, and if you're not comfortable buying them I won't flame in your direction either. I don't look at these any different than I do OpusX, Anejo, Padron anniversaries, or any other limited release cigar.