• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Morning Smoke with Coffee

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
I commented to a friend of mine the other day (who also smokes cigars btw), that I really enjoy a cigar in the morning with my coffee.... if I've got the time to finish one (I personally hate lighting a cigar and having to toss it half way through due to time constraints)

And he commented back "How can you smoke a cigar so early in the morning" :sign: C'mon!!!?

So I was wondering, am I the exception or the rule? How many of you enjoy a cigar in the early AM hours with Coffee... NOTE: This is not about drinking coffee in the PM hours with a cigar - That I do alot of too, and I guess that is considered "normal" :whistling: We're talking about early morning cuban cigar and columbian coffee here ;)

I smoke a cigar nearly every sunday morning with my coffee. In fact I am smoking one now...
MC EL 2003, kind of a disappointing cigar actually, I think maybe I was expecting too much given the name, and origin. Very mild, almost like a "light" cigarette,(as I remember them) not much smoke, not much taste...

Toaster, I would say that I probably side with your friend on this one. Lighting up a cigar in the morning is not something that I ever am tempted to do. It's also not something that I want to develop a habit of doing (I already smoke enough!)

I usually stop at Dunkin Donuts on the way to work. My office is 15 miunutes from my home. I also on the way drop the kids off at school. I guess taking the bus isnt cool.

Every morning I smoke a PC or a small Pantela while doing all this to start my day.

Often I wake early enough to have time to start one with coffee in the morning. However I usually have to finish it in my car in the parking garage at work or walking up to the hospital (usually I get some funny looks -- even from the cigarette smokers) Though it is starting to get cold, this changes everything.

I have only done that 2 or 3 times ever, BUT, I can't express how incredibly enjoyable and relaxing it was! I would do it much more often if I had the time, but unfortunately that isn't the case as of late. I don't like really strong cigars early in the AM. (I'd prefere a RyJ reserva real over a VSG in the morning...any other time of day, and that's a different story) I don't think it's weird at all, but think it is an excellent way to have some time to yourself before you get into the rush of your day. Try it sometime if you haven't.

Always with my second
coffee0ib.gif
cup of Java.
I thought everyone did
question.gif
124.gif

I smoke a minimum of 3 cigars a day - sometimes as many as 5, depending on how busy my day will be. Of course, I'm retired so I have that kind of time on my hands. To be honest, my morning smoke is the best one of the day. As a matter of fact, I look forward to firing one up after I throw some water on my face. Crank up the coffee pot, dig around the humi for a milder smoke, (ERDM Cuban is an excellent choice for this time of the day), plop into my recliner and scan the different news channels to get up to speed on whats happening in the world.

Ahhhhhh.......it doesn't get any better than that. :)

I'm also with your buddy, no urge to light up in the AM... earliest I ever smoke is after 2pm.

I dont usually get to smoke an am cigar during the week but on the weekends I very much look forwards to a nice mild cigar with coffee. Im with brewmeister I thought everyone did this. Definately one of my favorite smoking times.

CYG

I like a smoke with coffee in the morning, but I prefer something small and mild. Sometimes Ill grab a CAO flavored, as they are the best in the morning with coffee. Or I may have a RyJ bully, but what I really like is a pipe in the morning.

I like the AM cigar with my coffee. I wake up early to be sure I have enough time :p

Bill

Sunday's usual drill is AM coffee on the deck with a cigar. Nice way to start the day.... :cool:

Cheers - B.B.S.

I haven't got to enjoy a cigar in the morning on the weekends while reading the paper for some time and I doubt I will get to till next spring, now that it is turning cold.

Sunday morning is my favorite time to smoke. I always make a big breakfast for my son and I. When we are all done, I take the coffee and grab something good out of the hunidor and head out back. My favorite Sunday morning smoke is a RASS.

Good times.

BlindedByScience said:
Sunday's usual drill is AM coffee on the deck with a cigar. Nice way to start the day.... :cool:

Cheers - B.B.S.
[snapback]249386[/snapback]​

I feel the same way about Sunday mornings! ;)

I love a cigar with my morning coffee, but unfortunately I rarely have the time for it. When I do, I reach for a milder smoke like a Fonseca or a CAO Gold.

...and always with Mr. Jerry's coffee :thumbs:

I usually start Saturday and Sunday mornings with a big cup of green tea and something from the humi that strikes my fancy. Had a PSD4 today and a DCM Toro #4 yesterday. For some reason, I think that a nice green tea seems to bring out the flavors of the cigars more so than a strong coffee, and I love a good Starbucks.

I love cigars and coffee in the morning. Had a Sancho Panza Non Plus with my coffee today.

I like a cigarillo with my morning coffee, I dont have enough time for a full blown cigar.