• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mother-in-law enroute...

Like everyone else say be yourself, I usually just disappear to work or the computer when my in-laws come visitin'. But when I'm home I just do my normal things, like disappear to the computer. I like the broom idea, think I'll use it on my mom (she'll laugh).

My wife doesn't smoke her cigars in front of my mother in law. Doesn't stop me. We smoke on the patio at 4 pm every day, even at mil's house. Doesn't hurt that we all live in S. Fls. She likes to have a drink with us while I am having the cigar(s).

My mother in law does not speak English so I do not have to deal with listening to her complain about anything. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Well, I think I was a wee bit misunderstood when I posted this!!! :D MiamiCubano, there sure as hell ain't any degree of financial dependancy or anything like that to my mother-in-law, I'd be in an unhappy world if I couldn't take care of my own. I'm sure like you are, I am a man who stands on his own two feet and I work my ass off for what I've got, so there's no way in hell I'd mix family with money, it gets wayyyy too messy.

It's really only a "respect" thing in the end. She doesn't prefer it, but if she ever got into my face about it, I'd tell her to get over it, or get a hotel.

Ultimately, as stated, it IS my house and I'm the one who pays the bills and I'm the head of the household. I will most likely smoke, she doesn't have a huge problem with it, but she'll probably give me a "look," to which I'll just smile and forget it. In the long run, it doesn't bother me immensely because, frankly, I've got people telling me to f*ck off every single day at work, so, suck on that lady!!

I really only posted this to see if anyone had any other stories of dealing with "in-laws." It's just going to be odd having her here for a week.

Thanks for the posts fellas!

Errrr....kind of a meaningless thread then, huh? ???

Brian

It's really only a "respect" thing in the end. She doesn't prefer it, but if she ever got into my face about it, I'd tell her to get over it, or get a hotel.
Smoke outside. If she asks, tell her you enjoy the time and solitude that comes with a fine smoke.

/end thread.

Errrr....kind of a meaningless thread then, huh? ???

Brian

My thoughts as well. First post portrayed it as a foregone conclusion that "mother-in-law is coming, all smoking is officially off" kind of deal. A few posts later it's, "well, I'll do as I please despite her disparaging glances and if she says anything, it's to a hotel she goes." Doesn't seem to follow the tone of the first post. ???

Whatever the case may be, you've been given some sage advice here. Hope it passes quickly for you given your post(s).

Yeah, my mother in law is coming tonight, I'm picking her up from LAX after work today, and it looks like I'll have to put a hold on my stogie smoking for A WEEK! She'll be with us until Wednesday of next week, living here, visiting, putting her nose in where it doesn't belong, etcetera. Really sucks IMO.

Anyone have similar experiences with relatives and/or family members?? If you ask me, it's a whole bunch of bull-sh*t!! :angry:

Hey, at least I ended on a good note, a Padron 26'!! Anyways, if I start having withdrawals from it, you guys will help right?? :sign: :sign: :sign:
Not having read any of the other replies... Why do you have to stop smoking because your mother-in-law is in town? You're now married and she can go fuck herself. If she doesn't like you smoking cigars...she can take it up with her daughter and they can come down to a decision. If not in your favor...get a fuckin' divorce! Why are guys so God-Damn scared of their mother-in-laws? Have a set of balls man!

I can't smoke around my Father in Law because of his heart asthma, but I still go outside and light up when he is visiting, neither of us mind it that way. He has also told me more than once that he wishes could smoke one with me.

*edit* Me left out words UGH! :blush: