• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first Opus X

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
Not going to do a review on the power ranger I just smoked until I burnt my fingers, there are already plenty of reviews here on them, what I would like to say is that it was a very enjoyable experiance and the best fuente cigar I have smoked to date.

I can see what the hype is all about, was it my favorite? Honestly no. But it lived up to my expectations and I plan on smoking more of the flagship when I can afford them.

A big thanks goes out to Chewbacco to giving me the opportunity! :thumbs:

Oh and I have one hell of a buzz lol

Yes...I have about the same opinion of it as you do. a great smoke and strong as hell but i'd rather smoke a VSG. a good thing about the xxx is its small size, since I don't have much time to smoke

Ekans said:
Yes...I have about the same opinion of it as you do. a great smoke and strong as hell but i'd rather smoke a VSG. a good thing about the xxx is its small size, since I don't have much time to smoke
[snapback]269969[/snapback]​

I really liked the WOAN I had on New years as well, but it had a different flavor profile than the xXx. I've never had a bad fuente, but I like Padróns more for some reason. And I made the xXx last about an hour... I was with Double D and another Brother out in the smoking parlor measuring out the tounge and groove we needed to buy and I took my sweet time with it, as it deserved.

I'm planning on smoking the Opus X that was gifted to me when our house closes in the spring. I'm really looking forward to it based on everything I've heard. I just hope I'm not too hyped up about it so that it lets me down.

By far, my favorite cigar.

Zeebra said:
I'm planning on smoking the Opus X that was gifted to me when our house closes in the spring. I'm really looking forward to it based on everything I've heard. I just hope I'm not too hyped up about it so that it lets me down.
[snapback]269996[/snapback]​

I doubt it will let you down, I was very impressed with it.

I'll never forget my first Opus either, it was great. But everybody likes different cigars, so you can always send them my way if you don't like them. That happened to me with Padrons. I've had a couple 26's, a couple 64's, and a few of the regular line and I just don't care for them.

coventrycat86 said:
How much do you have to pay for those over there?
[snapback]270148[/snapback]​

16€ for a fuente fuente, I've never bought one over here, this one I traded for :)

Yikes! :0 That sounds about right. Other people in Europe have mentioned the same thing. I think it's actually worse in the UK.

coventrycat86 said:
Yikes! :0 That sounds about right. Other people in Europe have mentioned the same thing. I think it's actually worse in the UK.
[snapback]270223[/snapback]​

Yes UK has about the most expensive cigars in Europe, what i've seen. The only country which is more expensive is Finland, yey for high tobacco taxes. An RyJ E no. 4 is about 18 EUR over here, thank god for internet. All my high end NCs (Padron, AF, etc) are from great BOTLs here at CP :thumbs: :thumbs: .

Wow, I would get most of my cigars through the mail too if I had to pay that much.

Ekans said:
coventrycat86 said:
Yikes! :0  That sounds about right.  Other people in Europe have mentioned the same thing.  I think it's actually worse in the UK.
[snapback]270223[/snapback]​

Yes UK has about the most expensive cigars in Europe, what i've seen. The only country which is more expensive is Finland, yey for high tobacco taxes. An RyJ E no. 4 is about 18 EUR over here, thank god for internet. All my high end NCs (Padron, AF, etc) are from great BOTLs here at CP :thumbs: :thumbs: .
[snapback]270381[/snapback]​

The prices are pretty high in Sweden to but it isn't all a question of taxes. The tobaccotax on a cigar is about $0,06 and the salestax is 25% but that still doesn't explain why a CAO Italia Gondola costs around $15.
As for the UK I have seen a bundle of Quorum Coronas for around $120 online.

I guess most europeans buys singles locally and order boxes online. That's the way I handle it. And then I pick up a few gems through cigarforums :)

I actually have around 15 OpusX of various sizes but still haven't had the right oportunity to smoke one. I'm planning on having one soon when my cigarclub starts being open to 10 and I can have a glas of cognac to go with the cigar.