• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My humidor

Alright as a newb who moved on to better sticks, give the poor guy a break. He called tonight and wanted to go burn one at the local B&M but I was home with wife and kids. I'm sure with some guidance he to will see that most if not all flavored cigars just aren't the way to go.
Hopefully we can get together later in the week and have one and work on his acid problem's ;)

Whats the reason for keeping the Helixs away from the others? I understand the Acid and that has now been put in baggie away from the others. As far as the Acid goes, I heard a lot of good things about them(Didn't know they were flavored) but also heard a lot of bad things. Figured I'd try one out for myself and see.

Also, The reason for the Helix's is the I'm new to cigars and just trying to try as much as I can. I don't know any better. *shrug*

Whats the reason for keeping the Helixs away from the others? I understand the Acid and that has now been put in baggie away from the others. As far as the Acid goes, I heard a lot of good things about them(Didn't know they were flavored) but also heard a lot of bad things. Figured I'd try one out for myself and see.

Also, The reason for the Helix's is the I'm new to cigars and just trying to try as much as I can. I don't know any better. *shrug*

Absolutely, try everything you can get your hands on and formulate your own opinions. The only reason so many here advise against the Acid/Helix is because at one time most of them tried one. Don't second guess yourself when trying out new cigars, that's the beauty of it, something you love might very likely be something somebody else hates.

Thanks for the advice. I know I could use all I can get. Heh, I've only been smoking for about 8 months and I have mostly smoked Romeo y Julietas/MonteCristos and Punches so I'm trying to branch out.

On a side note, I went to the local B&M and had a Private Reserve along with a Nub Connecticut. Both were pretty good.

Absolutely, try everything you can get your hands on and formulate your own opinions. The only reason so many here advise against the Acid/Helix is because at one time most of them tried one. Don't second guess yourself when trying out new cigars, that's the beauty of it, something you love might very likely be something somebody else hates.

He's right.. Most have, some won't admit. CP will change your views eventually.

Thanks for the advice. I know I could use all I can get. Heh, I've only been smoking for about 8 months and I have mostly smoked Romeo y Julietas/MonteCristos and Punches so I'm trying to branch out.

On a side note, I went to the local B&M and had a Private Reserve along with a Nub Connecticut. Both were pretty good.

Next time try Arturo Fuente 858 maduro, A.F. Hemingway line, Padron Thousand series. They are cheap but nice cigars.

Next time try Arturo Fuente 858 maduro, A.F. Hemingway line, Padron Thousand series. They are cheap but nice cigars.

You know, with all the glory these thousand series get around here I think its about time I try one of 'em out! I suppose I know what I'll be smoking at Two Brothers on Thursday!

Smoking an Acid cigar is something you will never forget. I'd rather cut off my arms with a dull kitchen spoon than to smoke a Acid ever again. I've tried the Moontrance and again, I'd cut off your arms with a dull kitchen spoon before smoking it again. And if that isn't bad enough, I did a review of the Eilleen Dreams by CAO. And let me tell you. I'd cut off your own rod before I would smoke one of those again.

Those cigars is a constant reminder why I smoke better cigars. And absolutely, get those flavored cigars either out of there or in a bag. They will impart nasty flavoring to any cigar they come in contact with. Sad but true.

Tell me how you really feel Mr Peat. :laugh: I suppose I will see when I smoke it, though I'm not sure when, as I have a bunch of other cigars i want to try in the box right now. Its separated from the others in a baggie, as are the Helix's.

Are the Helix cigars flavored too?

Is crap a flavor? :laugh:

No but seriously why do helix and onyx seem to trap all noobs?

I'm a noob and I have no idea what an acid smells like..........but with a name like acid....I may be dumb, but I ain't stupid

Don't take the guys comments referring to the Acids' and Helix's the wrong way, they're not calling you out, rather pointing out that you might want to preserve your better cigars by getting the two of those out of there. Friendly advice that could easily be taken the wrong way, hopefully it didn't get taken that way though!

Agree......once again showing how much I don't know......best advice I have gotten here is that if you like it ....smoke it.....but still trying to figure out why anyone would want to call a cigar an "Acid" either the marketing folks are pure evil geniuses....or they work for me :sign:

Ther Helix is just generally regarded as a pretty bad cigar. Of course I did not listen and tried one when I was just getting started and ... yes it was a pretty bad cigar when compared to ... well just about everything else including Macs. I tried everything though and found some gems and some rockets.

However, with that being said ... you should try everything that you can as you will never know what YOUR tastes may be, and those tastes change too. I was generally smoking only maduros when I started and now smoke everything.

No reason to keep the Helix away from the other smokes as it is not flavored. However, the ACID really should get out of there and that has nothign to do with whether you like it or not. You just do not want all your other smokes to smell and taste like the ACID.

Happy Smoking.

Thanks for the advice.

Is it enough to put the ACID in a baggie and put it alone on the side with the gel? Or should I remove it from the box completely?

Thanks for the advice.

Is it enough to put the ACID in a baggie and put it alone on the side with the gel? Or should I remove it from the box completely?
Probably good enough ... but if it were me I would remove it completely.

Puros Indios went out today.
I hope you like em. If not I'm you can find someone to pass them too.

DC 0307 1790 0001 0346 2487

So, I bow down to all the people in this thread. Tried that ACID tonight, got about an inch in and had to put it down. Terrible, Just terrible.

On another hand the MonteCristo White I had afterwards was delicious.

So, I bow down to all the people in this thread. Tried that ACID tonight, got about an inch in and had to put it down. Terrible, Just terrible.

On another hand the MonteCristo White I had afterwards was delicious.

I don't know any self-respecting cigar smoker than would call a Acid a great smoke. I mean if you are Insight, then perhaps that is a step up from Phillie Blunts or White Owls. But generally, this is like taking a used jock strap and using it as the coffee filter. But I always say...if you haven't smoked one, then you have no right to trash the cigar or company. I will even steer people I just met away from Acids and what not. Even if they are new to cigars. There is no reason to punish yourself that bad. :laugh:

You are not alone with trying an Acid when new to smoking. To help learn what you like, use a rating system and write it down inside the label. It makes it easier when branching out to new cigars.

I got the Puros Indios today beyond... Thanks much!

Tried a Padron 3000 today along with an Excalibur. Both very good cigars IMO.

Sounds like you are headed in the right direction buddy. There are numerous threads in here about good budget smokes. Search through them and then see if you can find a corresponding review of it to determine detected flavors and people's opinions. You don't have to spend a whole lot of money to get a good cigar, but there are exceptions. ;)

I wasn't trying to insult anybody. I smoked my share of them too back in the day.