• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Own C.A.O. Quest

Petthefish

Well I have set out on a mission since starting back up on cigar smoking two years ago I have fallen in love with CAO cigars. They are a good quality good flavor and really have never let me down. Yes there are a lot of other cigars I love but over and over again I see myself reaching into the humi and pulling out a CAO. So about a year ago I started on a little project more for my own personal satisfaction and I know it probably has been done buy other BOTL with plenty of brands but this one is for me.
So here is the list so far my wife says it is dumb and well not cheap but hey its fun. There are a few cigars on my want list I will have to track down like the 65th anniversary one. But others I just have not gotten to. To make this post a little bit worth while I have put a brief note on the cigars I have smoked kind of like little mini one line reviews.
Also have any of you ever done something like this with a brand? To me it is kind of fun. Once We get back from Disneyland and money is a little more free I will start to track down the more rare cigars.

CAO Cigars I have smoked

Italia (Good smoke)

CAO Sopranos (nice smoke not nice price)

CAO Black VR (maduro) (Thanks Whopper)

America (I liked this one enough to buy a Box)

Mx2 (My Favorite Maduro I smoke one or two a week on my top Favorite cigar list)

Cx2 (not a Cameroon fan but good quality smoke)

L’Anniversaire Cameroon (Once again Not a Cameroon fan but nice smoke)

L’Anniversaire Maduro (Good Flavor bad burn)

eXtreme (This cigar had aged for 7 years before I smoked it and it was awesome)

Gold (Nice mellow smoke great for newbie’s)

Brazilia (very Bold cigar good flavor and spice one of my go to cigars)

Criollo (roller coaster of Flavors)

CAO Gold Maduro

CAO Black (A very nice Med body cigar)

CAO Black LTD. Gothic (comes in the CAO Ying Yang sampler I have it resting in my humi)

Flavours
Gold Honey
Moontrance
Eileens Dream
Earth Nectar
Bella Vanilla
Karma Sutra Splash (ok so I bit the bullet and tried to smoke this thing even when washing the tip off it still taste like crap fruity crappieness)

CAO I have yet to try

CAO 65th Anniversary (Coffin box) (sitting in my humi ready to be smoked)

CAO Gold Aurum

CAO outlaw (from outlaw cigar CP member said it will be mailed out this week Thank you)

CAO Vision (I'm working on this one!)

Lx2 (will be out any day now)

CAO Crystal Tubos (o n the xmas list)

CAO Odyssey Sitting (in the Humi will be smoked my next poker night)

CAO Cherry Bomb (cant find much about this one yet)

CAO Millennium

CAO Bratilla (brazilia italia barber poll mix sold in a sampler box)

CAO Palms ( from what I can tell from 2004 for superbowl party at Palms hotel This might be an imposable smoke to find)

Also if I missed any let me know I need to update my list! God bless rp

How about the CAO Black 'VR' series? It's one of my favorites.

edit: maybe that's what you meant by 'VT' ? :rolleyes:

How about the CAO Black 'VR' series? It's one of my favorites.

edit: maybe that's what you meant by 'VT' ? :rolleyes:

LOL yeah sorry its late and I am half way though a 10hr Graveyard shift and yes it is on the list they look very good rp

CAO Millennium sold in a humidor. Bratilla sold in a humidor by itself or as part of the artistry of champions set. CAO Sopranos. Cherry bomb which are not out yet. By the way the box pressed maduro and Cameroon are the same as the anniversary's. Odyssey also seems to be missing from your list. Of course, the most elusive of them all, the CAO Outlaw Custom.

Thanks I will have to update my list!! rp ???

Ohh and let me guess were I can get the CAO Outlaw Custom :rolleyes:

The Odyssey is also a fantastic smoke, but they are now getting hard to find. The black VR is a great cigar, however I noticed a big improvement after letting them sit in the humidor for a few months. I was lucky enough to be gifted a Britalia - an amazing smoke. However, I've been looking for another ever since with no success. Should you find a source - PM me, I want more! Old Virginia Tobacco has an overpriced exclusive cigar called the CAO Britalia, but it's not the same as the barber pole. Similar blend, different wrapper, great cigar, but 12 bucks for a robusto.

The Mx2, Criollo, Sopranos, Black VR and Gold Maduro are some of my favs and keep on hand as much as i can. My Wife likes the falvors from them a lot and she keeps them on hand in her humi, I'll have to see what i have on your wish list and get a few out to you.

The Cherry bomb is a different cigar than the Soprano. You might want to change you list.

I actually really like the CAO Gold. It starts off mellow but picks up about halfway through and finishes on the fuller side of medium. Great stick for someone who's looking to get into fuller bodied cigars slowly or if you're just looking for a change of pace.

You're missing the CAO Palms.

Don't even think about touching mine. :laugh:

CAO Millennium

While I'm not the biggest fan of CAO cigars, I will say that the CAO Millennium was probably one of the best cigars I ever had. It took a while to find it, but it was worth it. I used to have a pic, but now I can't find it. Good luck on finding it.

As far as the rest of the CAO line, I enjoy the Odyssey, 65th's, Blacks, and the Tony Soprano Edition. Also, if you could find a couple of the Original Release CAO Blacks, you won't regert it. ;)

I really like CAO as well... not to much of a Black fan though. I got a five pack of them for free with one of my online orders. Smoked one and I have not yet touched the remaining four. Maybe it was just a bad one, I don't like making an opinion based solely on one experience.

Thanks everyone for the info this is kinda fun lol ohh and h3110LHD please tell me more about said Palms? rp

I had a CAO America the other night and really loved it. I didn't realize there were so many CAO's to choose from!

I had a CAO America the other night and really loved it. I didn't realize there were so many CAO's to choose from!

Yeah the America is a good solid smoke. I did not know how many CAO cigars there was until I got into this I have my work cut out for me. It looks like Ed the Northwest Sales rep will be in Town next week I will have chat with him about some of the rare sticks like the Palms. rp

Well as of last night the Earth Nectar and CAO Gold Maduro are off the list! two down more to go lol rp

Send me a PM if you don't want to buy a whole box of Vision's. I have 2 sets of 3 consectutively numbered sticks.

Thanks everyone for the info this is kinda fun lol ohh and h3110LHD please tell me more about said Palms? rp

You have the right info...

they were given out in 2004 for the superbowl party that was held at the palms. A BOTL from CP generously gave me his. It's a great looking cigar that comes in a coffin, I believe a perfecto shape. I may have to light it up this superbowl as it's my last superbowl I'll ever see as a college student. :(

The CAO Outlaw is going out sometime this week. Still had one in my humi.

And don't question me about the money, I'm workin man now days!