• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My wife and I have made a deal, and sealed it with a handshake.

I saw the title of the thread on the main page and I was very hopeful for you..... mind meet gutter....

title-1.jpg

Id recommend Hal Higdon training programs. They're free on his website.

Brickhouse said:
 will definitely be tougher because I'm a bit more out of shape. 

Never was a marathoner, no longer jogging am doing biking now.

However, one thing that always helped me a good bit when I was out of shape and even helps me when I'm doing well is:

Force your breath in, force yourself to breathe deep in on each breath - you will automatically breathe out enough.

Forcing your breathing deeper will help you from entering oxygen deficit - which is like hitting a wall and tough to come back from.

You're gonna enjoy the new humidor!

You may be setting the bar for all of us that get challenged by the wife. I'm pulling for you!

I started running about 3 months ago, at the time unable to complete a mile without walking. Last week I ran 7 miles, which is farther than I've ever been able to run at any point in my life. Since you've done a 10 mile race before, I have faith you'll be able to pull this off with no problem. Personally my own training regimen often consists of a cigar, a 5 mile run, and then another cigar. I'm thinking about branding it like Crossfit. It's gonna be huge. Good luck, Wyatt, and keep us posted.

jfields said:
Awesome deal Wyatt! You get in shape and you get an awesome humidor.

Of course there's always the chance you fall, break your ankle, and she refuses to buy you the humidor because you didn't finish.

Trust me....I'll crawl if I have to!

MadMonk said:
I'm sure you'll finish. That much preparation, and an Aristocrat, is a lot of motivation. Besides, if you don't finish, and get a nice Aristocrat, we'll all bust your balls until we go senile.

Having a nice cabinet makes the cigar lifestyle so much better. You'll really enjoy it.

Best of luck.

I know, I figure that by telling all of you I've added even more motivation to finish.  I'm pretty sure the doors on CP would be closed on my face if I don't finish this race!

Bayamos said:
NICE!!! Something tells me that ,"one way or another", you will get that Aristocrat humidor.........

I'd order it now and have it delivered on April 26th.......It will show that you are a positive thinker if anything else...

I wish...but part of the deal was that I don't order it until the race is over.

DePasta said:
I saw the title of the thread on the main page and I was very hopeful for you..... mind meet gutter....

title-1.jpg

Hilarious!

chiefmd said:

Thanks Chief, I'll check it out.

Gavin said:
I started running about 3 months ago, at the time unable to complete a mile without walking. Last week I ran 7 miles, which is farther than I've ever been able to run at any point in my life. Since you've done a 10 mile race before, I have faith you'll be able to pull this off with no problem. Personally my own training regimen often consists of a cigar, a 5 mile run, and then another cigar. I'm thinking about branding it like Crossfit. It's gonna be huge. Good luck, Wyatt, and keep us posted.

I ran to the bathroom this morning, which was the farthest I have run in a while, still recovering...

chiefmd said:

Yep, I was going to make this same comment.  I used his programs back in my marathon running days...and if he can get me across a finish line then you know he is the man.

Good luck.  Nashville is a fun town and I am sure that the marathon will be a fun and well organized event.

I am using the Hal Higdon program and app now.  Going well so far!

Nice.  If you can do 8 miles, you can do a half.  

Enjoy the new humidor.

Wyatt, good show. I sure as shit know I can't run it, but if I could get an offer to walk it I'd get wheels for my ass and bust a gut giving it a try.

Wow, congrats on what is sure to be the new humi! :)

I've recently started running at the gym again, seems the most I can pull off is a 5k in 30 min. But I'm happy with that. Actually I'm kinda doing hiit training while doing the 5k, so could probably do it quicker if I spent more time consistently running.

Then again, I think my feet would break. lol

Well this is a fair deal. :) i really hope you will stick with her as her partner until the race is complete

Well, we are 25 days from the race.  I am up to 7 miles at the moment.  My back isn't doing great though.  I am having some pretty bad pains in a few areas, one of which is the sciatic nerve.  It's caused me to take a week off from training.

Overall I'm doing well though, and though the run will certainly be tough, I see no reasons I won't complete my end of the deal!

Hang in there, Wyatt...!!  Can't wait for the details on your new cabinet...!!

Hang in there Wyatt.  It will be worth it in the end.