• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NCAA pool

Sorry I didn't get this up and out sooner.

We've got 25 entries (50 cigars) total in the pot.

I was thinking that a breakdown of 14 entries (28 cigars) for first, 7 entries (14 cigars) for second, and 4 entries (8 cigars) for third would make sense. That acceptable to everyone?

I'm willing to listen to popular opinion--at least for the next day or two before anyone becomes a distinct favorite or underdog--if that's not an agreeable distribution for the masses.

I don't really want to entertain the notion of breaking it down into a sliding scale of small prizes awarding fourth, fifth, sixth, etc., but I'm more willing to leave third place out for a 17 entry/8 entry split for first and second if that's what everyone would prefer.

Please post your thoughts on the matter (here in the thread for all to see, not via PM) at your earliest convenience.

Also, I usually put together a daily overview/synopsis/analysis of each day's tournament action for the guys in a pool I've been running for a while. My brand of humor can be a tad bit vulgar and crass so I'm not inclined to post it here for all to see, but if you'd like to read it, PM me your email address and I'll add you to the distribution list. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm usually pretty proud of my output and people seem to really enjoy reading them each day.

Mr. Monkey,
I think 3 places is good and your break down also looks good. I do have one suggestion to throw out to the group; you have the final say of who send sticks to who. I know its cheaper for me to send both my packages (assuming I loose) to one person but I'm the one entered twice so if you decide I have to send to two different poeple that fine with me. It's less confusion if we just wait for your instructions, IMHO.
Thanks
Tom

All sounds good to me bro. Top 3 is good and consolidation of shipping if possible.

Top three for sure. I would also appreciate shipping consolidation, if it works out in the end.

Thank goodness for the tournament. It seems like forever since the Superbowl. I have been reduced to wagering on the snowfall amounts in Detroit.

Come on golf season!

I was thinking that a breakdown of 14 entries (28 cigars) for first, 7 entries (14 cigars) for second, and 4 entries (8 cigars) for third would make sense.

I suppose I should have confirmed this a tad bit sooner, but it seemed as though everyone was pleased with this breakdown so this is what we'll do.

I'll make sure to consolidate and minimize all shipping obligations--if you end up owing for two entries, they'll both go to the same person, and if you had two and one is a winner, you're not going to have to mail two for the other entry to someone else, etc.

Haven't written yesterday's recap yet but if you're interested in reading them, PM me your email address...

Haven't written yesterday's recap yet but if you're interested in reading them, PM me your email address...
[/quote]

Steve,
The commentary alone is worth two sticks!
Thanks,
Tom

I'll tell everyone where to send their sticks once the winners have been established. No sense in mailing everything twice...

Where the hell did VCU come from? Guess i answered my own question. In the whole country only two people had them in the final four.:0

For future years, this is all that you guys need to know: The Key to Winning NCAA Tournament Brackets

Stu,

Your link appears to be broken. All I get when I click on it is this:

Kool-Aid-man.jpg

This is pretty much a wrap, correct? Everyone looks like they are at their max points.

Yep.

I'll sort out and post directions for who sends what and to whom within the next day or so.

Congratulations to Sack (1st), FoMoCo (2nd), and BigManFromOU (3rd--wish he'd have won a Bruce Weber for his new coach, too...)!