• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need suggestions

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
I've slacked off and haven't smoked my pipe as much as I'd like. Also haven't bought or tried a lot of tobacco, mainly Boswell and a few others that Aeroswat sent me.

Need some suggestions for tinned tobacco or bulk :thumbs:

Freenerd, I would go to this thread (LINK) and look over the top 5's. Thats what I did and I am loving all that I have tried so far!

Sheesh, fricking search!

Looking into Penzanze and Frog Morton.

Sheesh, fricking search!

Looking into Penzanze and Frog Morton.

You probably won't be disappointed with either of those.

What are the blends you've liked so far? More importantly what have you not liked?

I'm glad you're enjoying the pipe enough to keep at it. :)

Most foks don't smoke latakia blends in the heat of the summer. Try some Cairo or Stratford.

Doc.

Most foks don't smoke latakia blends in the heat of the summer. Try some Cairo or Stratford.

Doc.
I smoke latakia all the time (along with other, lighter blends). I've seen a lot of pipers say they don't like it in the summer, but I've never understood why. It doesn't taste any different to me in the summer than it does in the winter.

Of course, I drink Porter and Stout (along with other types of beer) in the summer, too. Maybe it's a function of the weather up here not being very hot.

For non-latakia blends Boswell's Sweet Tea is very nice and quite easy going. Burley is always good, too.

I'm not sure where you are located in Tulsa or if you are even interested in one of the shops there(sent a PM) I always went in and they gave me a a handful of free smoke. I hardly ever knew what they were giving me, but always enjoyed the flavors. I bought a few of the blends they offered me. I'd recommend going in there and just seeing what they say. Tell them what you posted on here and they should fix you up well.

Brandon,

I'm just starting to explore the many blends and, from another initiate to the variety, here's my 2cts.

Many tins are too wet upon opening and need be dried a bit first. Pease is usually not too wet. Pease and Gawith make some great stuff. McClelland VA blends smells like ketchup ... really! :D The straight Frog Morton is almost all Latakia but I like it.

Just some surprises I recently had along the way. I'm really loving exploring this diverse selection of blends! :thumbs:

Steve