• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Netflix and other shows you are watching

The wife and I also got in The Night Agent. It was good if you allow for things the average citizen doesn't know ( as who guards Camp David ) etc. I sure did love it when that witch took a dive off that tower in Epi.#9. They did that well. Hated to see a Monk killed, but that figures.
Getting into Camp David was a bit too easy lol. So was running through the whole compound. I am no military person but if it’s that easy …. We are in trouble.

Just finished Daisy Jones and The Six on Prime. I thought it was well done and I loved the music, both, what they played on stage and the series sound track. Started Night Agent last night. It's definitely not Reacher but it started well and I'm looking forward to continuing it.

Edit.....because I can't spell!

13 Assassins on Prime. Fantastic movie about a group of ronins who plan to take down the brother of the shogun, who is drunk on power. The first 20 minutes show in brutal detail the shogun's brother heinous methods of handling the people under him. The rest of the movie shows how the group of ronins plan their mission and recuit others to their cause. The last 40 minutes are of the final battle that play out in great scenes. I really enjoyed the use of natural lighting and sounds. Most of the sounds of the movie don't feel like they were dubbed in post. The movie does feel like a spiritual successor to 7 Samurai, especially with the character of Koyata, who feels like an homage to Toshiro Mifune's character Kikuchiyo.

13 Assassins on Prime. Fantastic movie about a group of ronins who plan to take down the brother of the shogun, who is drunk on power. The first 20 minutes show in brutal detail the shogun's brother heinous methods of handling the people under him. The rest of the movie shows how the group of ronins plan their mission and recuit others to their cause. The last 40 minutes are of the final battle that play out in great scenes. I really enjoyed the use of natural lighting and sounds. Most of the sounds of the movie don't feel like they were dubbed in post. The movie does feel like a spiritual successor to 7 Samurai, especially with the character of Koyata, who feels like an homage to Toshiro Mifune's character Kikuchiyo.

OK, just based on the writeup I gotta watch this. 👍👍

The Raid (Redemption) on Netflix. There are certain movies that when they pop up I just have to watch over and over again. If you are a fan of John Wick and haven't seen The Raid, you are in for treat you didn't know you had coming. Rama is a rookie officer who is part of special forces that are sent on a raid into an apartment complex owned by the crime boss of crime bosses and festering with his cronies. The pacing of this film is great. Quickly the special forces out numbered and outgunned. The action is shots are really well done and easy to follow with stunts that are mind bending and easy to follow without the need for jump cuts and other tricks that muddy the shots. Rama is written and played really well. You feel his character is determining every fight with a flight or fight mentality as his ammo runs out and is forced to use hand to hand combat and his environment to his advantage.

Netflix series, Maestro In Blue. Shot entirely in Greece and on three islands. A music teacher is hired to bring back the music to this town, only to become involved with a dysfunctional mayor and some other folks doing drugs. He is divorced and falls for a lovely student, the daughter of the mayor who is way in over his head. The sights and the music score are wonderful and the acting is top notch. I was pleased to find out there will be a season two. Very worth your time, and the music is not overcoming, more acting and drama... with some twists.

Last edited:
Is that the series based on the Stephen Hunter Bob Lee Swagger books?

Any good?

It is. It has Ryan Phillipe in it as Bob Lee Swagger. I like it so far, not going to win any awards, but it’s hopefully picking up steam. We’re 4 episodes in (3 seasons with a total of 20+ episodes). Even my wife and one of the kids, like it as well. I’m sure my wife likes it, because of Ryan Phillipe. The actress that plays his wife, is nice to look at too, so there’s that.

It is. It has Ryan Phillipe in it as Bob Lee Swagger. I like it so far, not going to win any awards, but it’s hopefully picking up steam. We’re 4 episodes in (3 seasons with a total of 20+ episodes). Even my wife and one of the kids, like it as well. I’m sure my wife likes it, because of Ryan Phillipe. The actress that plays his wife, is nice to look at too, so there’s that.
I started this several years ago, but IIRC I had a stupid internet connection then and streaming was not viable, so I gave up on it and never went back. I need to try this one again.

Since our cable has been out from the last storm I’ve had to find new things to watch. Well at least when my phone could get a connection. Your Honor, Mayor of Kingstown, Tulsa King and 1883 have all been very entertaining. Tulsa King and most of Mayor were watched pre storm. Working my way through the other 2 now.
I liked Your Honor and Tulsa King very much.

The Raid 2 on Nexflix. Not a bad movie but it loses some of the charm the first Raid had. Raid 1 was made on a small budget, and with it's success means that Raid 2 got a bigger budget and bigger everything, including run time. Raid 1 had phenomenal pacing that made it such a delight to watch where PT 2 just feels bloated with a lot of filler. As far as the action goes P2 definitely delivers. The Indonesian fighting style of Penca Silat returns and the final fight scene is great.

I got hooked into the Das Boot TV series... it is supposed to be taking place a few months after the old movie. It alternates between U-Boat stuff and stuff going on in France at the same time - I say "stuff" to prevent accidental spoilers lol. I'm almost through season 3 and there is supposed to be a 4th seasoln in production now.

I'm 25 minutes in....damn that bad guy is seriously demented.

Just watched The Snnowman on Prime. A true thriller who dun it. Highly recommend ( drama murder mystery.. be Careful of the young one, a tad graphic ). Shot in Oslo Norway and the scenic is enough to pay for your admission.