• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Never had a cuban...

frontman

I have become interested in cigars over the past few months and I am curious; What is it about cuban cigars that makes them so good? having never actually tried one I am curious if they are truely up to the hype, or if the fact that the are illeagle in the U.S just makes them that much more prized?

I am new to quality cigars also, but do truly believe that some ISOMs (for the most part) are better cigars flavor wise. There are many non-cubans that you can obtain legally in the US that are just as good. It is all personnal preference. Personally, I have found many Honduran smokes that are similar in flavor to ISOMs and a few that are actually better than some.

Thanks. can you reccomend a few cheap to mid range honduran smokes that i might want to try.

I have become interested in cigars over the past few months and I am curious; What is it about cuban cigars that makes them so good? having never actually tried one I am curious if they are truely up to the hype, or if the fact that the are illeagle in the U.S just makes them that much more prized?

They are just cigars... some you will like, some you won't -- only way to know which lines you'll like is to try them.

They are just cigars... some you will like, some you won't -- only way to know which lines you'll like is to try them.

Ummmmm, yeah, what he said. Guy knows what he's talking about.

I always keep a supply of ISOMs in the Humi and I enjoy them. But as someone said above, there are many others you may want to try. I know many Brothers in the States who would rather have non-ISOMs as the unavailability and cost isn't worth the trouble.

I had a DC Maximus a couple of weeks ago that exceeded any ISOM I've had to date in amount of smoke, strength and for being full-bodied. What's good for the goose, isn't necessarily good for the gander, and to each his own.

The Camacho and Punch line of cigars are pretty good and not too expensive. I agree with FFopusx, that the Padrons are also very good smokes. Like I first stated it is all personal preference. Mine just happens to be ISOMs and Honduran. I have seen many here that prefer mostly DR. Some people drink only Coke, some only Pepsi.

My suggestion is to start out with a mild cigar with a gradual swing to full-body. I have been smoking for 16 years and I am still learning and tasting. As Moki said, it is a cigar and dependent on your taste. I can smoke several full body smokes from one maker and I feel that my taste are becoming one-dimensional. At that point, I will change my cigars to several different one to retrain my palate. As for ISOM's, I like the Diplomaticos No.4 (mild), Partagas shorts, and the Cuaba line. When I am away at a meeting out the country and feel like spending some money, I will splurge for a Cohiba Siglo VI. It is all dependent on tastes.

Just an opinion...

I can't say I've ever had a cuban -- I would get in to a whole lotta trouble if I did! :whistling: